When are we going to be Syracuse again | Syracusefan.com

When are we going to be Syracuse again

Briancuse

Living Legend
I miss the days when we started the season 18-0, and lost a game to Pitt, and it wasn't the end of the world. The days when are biggest concern going into selection sunday was 3 or 4 seed. I don't recognize what I am watching right now, we have become Seton Hall the past couple of years, I long for the good old days, maybe I am spoiled by our past success, but this year hurts.

I miss the days when we started the season 18-0, and lost a game to Pitt, and it wasn't the end of the world. The days when are biggest concern going into selection sunday was 3 or 4 seed. I don't recognize what I am watching right now, we have become Seton Hall the past couple of years, I long for the good old days, maybe I am spoiled by our past success, but this year hurts.
Next year. We have Autry Jr starting at the 2.

Get it right it was 25-0 in 2013 ... 20-0 in 2011... 18-0 way way back in 2010. Most would settle for the 18-1 in 2012. Now it's HORRAY for a winning record!

Last edited:
Get it right it was 25-0 in 2013 ... 20-0 in 2011... 18-0 way way back in 2010. Most would settle for the 18-1 in 2012. Now it's HORRAY for a winning record!

I wasn't talking about any specific season, we had some great starts in the past.

I wasn't talking about any specific season, we had some great starts in the past.

My ID used to be ClockworkOrange19n0 or something like that but I guess I don't even remember which season that was... what I wouldn't give for another 19-0 start :)

Eh, we're just so used to winning a ton that having a year where we're not all that good seems earth shattering.

When we have a head coach actively recruiting high school players and not falling asleep in a chair from a rough night out on the town look

Eh, we're just so used to winning a ton that having a year where we're not all that good seems earth shattering.
A year? That's an understatement.. I know, I know.. but we made the final 4 last year!!

When we have a head coach actively recruiting high school players and not falling asleep in a chair from a rough night out on the town look
Bingo. Probably will be 3 years before we are a legit top 15 team again. Last year's glorious fluke was fun as hell but doesn't change the fact we are 24-24 the last two seasons plus in this league. Also failed to ever once win a single conference tourney game.

It's not one year.
2014, 2015, 2016 regular seasons have been mediocre.
The 2015 Final Four saves our national standing of
common fans. However anybody who looks closely sees we have had problems and the future is uncertain.

Bingo. Probably will be 3 years before we are a legit top 15 team again. Last year's glorious fluke was fun as hell but doesn't change the fact we are 24-24 the last two seasons plus in this league. Also failed to ever once win a single conference tourney game.

3? Nah. 2018 maybe. Gotta close with that class though.

It's not one year.
common fans. However anybody who looks closely sees we have had problems and the future is uncertain.

I'm sorry, but now you're getting carried away. We may have lost a few games down the stretch, but to spin 2014 as mediocre when we went 14-4 in the conference and finished 2nd in the ACC and earned a 3 seed is a bit of a stretch. There were about 5-8 teams that had better regular seasons than us that year.

I'm sorry, but now you're getting carried away. We may have lost a few games down the stretch, but to spin 2014 as mediocre when we went 14-4 in the conference and finished 2nd in the ACC and earned a 3 seed is a bit of a stretch. There were about 5-8 teams that had better regular seasons than us that year.
I meant 2015, 2016, 2017.
My numbers were off one year.
I am talking about
Rak's Senior year.
Gbinije and Cooney Senior year.
Roberson' Senior year.
Those regular seasons.
Fair's Senior was a huge success just tough ending.

We can't include the first 25 wins of that season when discussing it. Those have to be given to how great we used to be.

We can't include the first 25 wins of that season when discussing it. Those have to be given to how great we used to be.

You can break down the seasons into chunks, absolutely. In the last X number of games, here is the record. Nothing wrong with that.

And, as has been stated a million times, that 25-0 start had a lot of signs built in. It was fun, but it wasn't like our 25-0 start was on par with UK's 25-0 start (I know it was more than that, just using as a comparison).

Hi I used the wrong numbers on the years. Read before you want to attack.
Our last 3 regular seasons have been mediocre. I wasn't talking about the 25-0 season.

You can break down the seasons into chunks, absolutely. In the last X number of games, here is the record. Nothing wrong with that.

And, as has been stated a million times, that 25-0 start had a lot of signs built in. It was fun, but it wasn't like our 25-0 start was on par with UK's 25-0 start (I know it was more than that, just using as a comparison).
You can break down 1 season that way into portions but not multiple seasons while leaving out a 25-0 start. Each year is different with completely different players. The fact you had to use that UK team for a comparison shows how good of a start that was. Sure we had some crazy endings versus Pitt and NC State. That was a good team and I enjoyed that season and don't feel the need to diminish it.

Hi I used the wrong numbers on the years. Read before you want to attack.
Our last 3 regular seasons have been mediocre. I wasn't talking about the 25-0 season.
Our post were within 2 minutes of each other I didn't see your correction yet. I apologize.

It's not one year.
Is that you, Bud?

I'm all for great starts, but rather have great finishes like last year. Not so sure about this year though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom