When are we going to get Ennis to commit? | Syracusefan.com

When are we going to get Ennis to commit?

Flacusian

All Conference
IMO we really need to get this kid to sign on to play in the Dome. Most of the scouting services are resolute in appointing him as the most talented point and that there is a percipitious drop off in talent after him. Really would like to get him on board.

I would like to see a commit from a '13 pg soon. And I certainly wouldn't mind Ennis because I had been under the impression the staff likes him the most (but that could be just that the staff has been recruiting him the hardest - hard to tell).

However, I don't know where you get the idea that most of the scouting services have Ennis as the most talented. The composite figures from above that average the services of scout, rivals and ESPN, rate both Cat Barber and R Jordan ahead of him.

Any one of the big three would work for me.

I would like to see a commit from a '13 pg soon. And I certainly wouldn't mind Ennis because I had been under the impression the staff likes him the most (but that could be just that the staff has been recruiting him the hardest - hard to tell).

However, I don't know where you get the idea that most of the scouting services have Ennis as the most talented. The composite figures from above that average the services of scout, rivals and ESPN, rate both Cat Barber and R Jordan ahead of him.

Any one of the big three would work for me.
Scout and ESPN both have Ennis ahead of Jordan in their recent updated rankings. Cat Barber is still in front of both. Barber is the most explosive out of the three but Ennis imo is the best pure PG in the class. SU can't go wrong with any of these options and hopefully they can get back in the picture for 6'6 PG Rondae Jefferson :)

The beauty of Jefferson is his versatility. I love guys that can move into different positions depending on the situation.

To answer your question directly, he will committ on August 15th as a bday present to me.

The beauty of Jefferson is his versatility. I love guys that can move into different positions depending on the situation.
Yup. The only concern about Jefferson is finding consistency in his jump shot, but besides that it's hard not to want a player with his versatility on your squad.

Yup. The only concern about Jefferson is finding consistency in his jump shot, but besides that it's hard not to want a player with his versatility on your squad.
Evan Daniels reporting he is visiting Rutgers today. Also, Zangoria reporting Malachi Richardson is with him and Kris Jenkins was in over the weekend.

Currently I would say it's 80/20 that Ennis picks the Orange this summer. The Lawrence, Roberson, Vonleh forward situation is the most interesting spot for me.

Currently I would say it's 80/20 that Ennis picks the Orange this summer. The Lawrence, Roberson, Vonleh forward situation is the most interesting spot for me.

Wow ... this would be great news, and would get the 'cuse recruiting freighttrain rolling again.

Francis, how is the Lawrence/Roberson/Vonleh situation looking right now? Would the staff take two if possible or is it first come first serve? Also, what are the odds on each? From another post, it also looks like Kuran Iverson is picking it up a bit, how does he figure?

Francis, how is the Lawrence/Roberson/Vonleh situation looking right now? Would the staff take two if possible or is it first come first serve? Also, what are the odds on each? From another post, it also looks like Kuran Iverson is picking it up a bit, how does he figure?
The staff loves all three but will only most likely end up with one. Can't really put odds yet as more info should come out as summer comes around. On the Iverson thread I wrote in agreement with Paulie P that it's mainly due diligence and I still believe that he'll end up at UConn.

The staff loves all three but will only most likely end up with one. Can't really put odds yet as more info should come out as summer comes around. On the Iverson thread I wrote in agreement with Paulie P that it's mainly due diligence and I still believe that he'll end up at UConn.

i've heard iverson is very inconsistent, sometimes he'll be outstanding and other times he'll look just bad. and isn't vonleh class of 2014, while roberson and lawrence are 2013? anyway, from what i've read:

roberson stock --> sharp decline
vonleh stock --> neutral (not many places to move up, but he's not dropping either)
lawrence stock --> SKYROCKETING (went from top 100+ to top 15-20 in one ranking cycle)

i've heard iverson is very inconsistent, sometimes he'll be outstanding and other times he'll look just bad. and isn't vonleh class of 2014, while roberson and lawrence are 2013? anyway, from what i've read:

roberson stock --> sharp decline
vonleh stock --> neutral (not many places to move up, but he's not dropping either)
lawrence stock --> SKYROCKETING (went from top 100+ to top 15-20 in one ranking cycle)
Vonleh is originally a 2013 member before reclassifying last year. It's obvious that he doesn't need an extra year of hs ball. Pretty much a mystery at this point what class he's going to be in. The most logical thought is him coming back to 13 like what Wayne Selden recently did.

Also Roberson is ranked in the top 50 by all three major services. So I wouldn't say he is on a sharp decline especially if you haven't seen him play. He actually played well against Noah Vonleh in a game that I saw last summer. Obviously Lawrence n Vonleh would be better gets but Roberson isn't chop liver either.

Vonleh is originally a 2013 member before reclassifying last year. It's obvious that he doesn't need an extra year of hs ball. Pretty much a mystery at this point what class he's going to be in. The most logical thought is him coming back to 13 like what Wayne Selden recently did.

Also Roberson is ranked in the top 50 by all three major services. So I wouldn't say he is on a sharp decline especially if you haven't seen him play. He actually played well against Noah Vonleh in a game that I saw last summer. Obviously Lawrence n Vonleh would be better gets but Roberson isn't chop liver either.

right, but for a while roberson was in the top 20. seems like as days pass he continues to drop (or maybe others just continue to leapfrog him).

has SU stopped recruiting beejay? i know indiana is making a strong push for anya, and now the hooisers have as many connections to team takeover as SU. i feel like boeheim is more focused on wainright now.

right, but for a while roberson was in the top 20. seems like as days pass he continues to drop (or maybe others just continue to leapfrog him).

has SU stopped recruiting beejay? i know indiana is making a strong push for anya, and now the hooisers have as many connections to team takeover as SU. i feel like boeheim is more focused on wainright now.
I may be wrong but I never recall Roberson being ranked as a 5 star in the top 20. He always seemed to consistently be around that 26-50 range.

Anya is still in the equation but he's pretty much a lock for Indiana at this point. Hopefully we can land the big stud Dakari Johnson in 2014.

Dakari Johnson would be HUGE! From what I've seen and read he is a good inside scorer and a very good rebounder. He's not known as a shot blocker per se but @ 6'10" his presence down low would clog the paint.

I may be wrong but I never recall Roberson being ranked as a 5 star in the top 20. He always seemed to consistently be around that 26-50 range.

Anya is still in the equation but he's pretty much a lock for Indiana at this point. Hopefully we can land the big stud Dakari Johnson in 2014.

i just found out that roberson missed the 1st half of last season due to transfer rules and a hamstring injury, so maybe he dropped because of the lack of coaches being able to watch him play. he does have a bunch of offers from big time schools, so i'm sure he has talent.

with that said, i'd still rather land lawrence or vonleh at PF.

I also think guys from Chester can flat out play.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/when-are-we-going-to-get-ennis-to-commit.27337/

I need better sources.....it looks like my prediction was one day off...yech !!!!

disgusted-mother-of-god.png

To answer your question directly, he will committ on August 15th as a bday present to me.

You're off by only a day. Pretty impressive !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom