When does practice start? | Syracusefan.com

When does practice start?

21 days 42 minutes 29..28...27...26...etc seconds (see above)

is it Saturday, 9/27?
I just updated the countdown for the basketball board to point to the Midnight Madness date, as practices are closed and probably not as highly anticipated as the first day the new team appears in public.

Enjoy.

Waters tweeted the other day he thought october 4th. seems like if your job is to cover SU basketball that would be info you should know?

Practice can begin 42 days before the first regular season game. The first regular season games can apparently take place on the second Friday in November (11/14). I think that translates to the first practice being permissible on Friday October 3rd. Now the final question would be, when does SU intend to hold its first practice?

"The original proposal allowed practice to start 40 days before the first game, but the Council members adjusted the rule to accommodate for Midnight Madness events often planned around the first men’s basketball practice. Because a significant number of teams start playing games on the first day the rules allow it (the second Friday in November), the first day for practice would fall on a Sunday, which is not conducive to Midnight Madness events. Expanding the time period to 42 days allows the first practice to be held on a Friday."

See NBC Article

EDIT: I note that the Article is May 2013 article so it would have applied to last fall, I didn't find anything indicating it was changed for this year.

Why do I not see the count down clock? Running IE 11.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom