When will we have the depth chart? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

When will we have the depth chart?

Wonder how Scoop's doing at WR

I agree, but, coaches are funny sometimes. I have no idea if this staff believes in that type of thing or not.
Coaches are funny sometimes? That my friend is an understatement.

How about something on injuries? How was camp as far as injuries?

We have gotten updates on injuries the entire Fall camp, who was out, who was in sweats, who missed which practices.

What would you like to know?

We have gotten updates on injuries the entire Fall camp, who was out, who was in sweats, who missed which practices.

What would you like to know?
If anyone is going to be out for multiple games / season.

If anyone is going to be out for multiple games / season.

Devon Clarke has his arm in a sling and missed all of training camp. He will probably not see the field this season.

George Morris had foot/ankle surgery and is out indefinitely.

OrangeXtreme said:
If you've been following the daily practice threads, you'd know that Devon Clarke has his arm in a sling and missed all of training camp He will probably not see the field this season. George Morris had foot/ankle surgery and is out indefinitely.

I'd settle for an in depth investigative article on the James Pierre situation. If it were isolated ok, but happens to us all the time. And I'm sure it happens to other teams. So what's the process, priority. Who works it at the mother ship NCAA? What else are those assigned to it focusing on right now?

Last edited:
I'd settle for an in depth investigative article on the James Pierre situation. If it were isolated ok, but happens to us all the time. And I'm sure it happens to other teams. So what's the process, priority. Who works it at the mother ship NCAA? What else are those assigned to it focusing on right now?

If I not mistaken, Pierre didn't take care of business during his Senior year and needed a Summer class or two. Instead of having a complete transcript available in May or June, he probably had to wait until July to submit it.

Knowing that the NCAA is backlogged with getting players cleared (Football, Soccer, Field Hockey, Volleyball, etc... all start in August), you can't put yourself in that position.

It's always kids who need Summer classes, or JUCO transfers.

If I not mistaken, Pierre didn't take care of business during his Senior year and needed a Summer class or two. Instead of having a complete transcript available in May or June, he probably had to wait until July to submit it.

Knowing that the NCAA is backlogged with getting players cleared (Football, Soccer, Field Hockey, Volleyball, etc... all start in August), you can't put yourself in that position.

It's always kids who need Summer classes, or JUCO transfers.

I get it that he did himself no favors. But maybe they should hire more staff. Even if temporary. There's plenty of money flowing thru this sport. College football should be able to subsidize its own priority in the queue.

Pierre is still in the directory. I am hoping this is a situation like with Eskridge a few years ago where he is admitted to SU and can take classes until a clearinghouse decision is made. Does anyone know if James will be on campus taking classes Monday?

Not really. There will be info coming out next week.
Monday Babers has a Press Conference.
Tuesday the Media gets to interview select players.
Wednesday is the ACC Teleconference.

It's Babers' call, I'm not necessarily criticizing. I don't really think the paranoia football coaches seem to share is particularly productive, but it's certainly up to him as the head guy. My point is that the team has literally practiced -- often twice a day -- for the past month and you could count the interesting tidbits to emerge from camp on one hand. Just kind of strange to have so little access.

I get it that he did himself no favors. But maybe they should hire more staff. Even if temporary. There's plenty of money flowing thru this sport. College football should be able to subsidize its own priority in the queue.
The best part is that it delays the student from starting their classes!

billsin01 said:
It's Babers' call, I'm not necessarily criticizing. I don't really think the paranoia football coaches seem to share is particularly productive, but it's certainly up to him as the head guy. My point is that the team has literally practiced -- often twice a day -- for the past month and you could count the interesting tidbits to emerge from camp on one hand. Just kind of strange to have so little access.

I don't think it was about limiting access to keep other teams in the dark. I think it was about creating an environment where the players weren't distracted be news reports and outside noise.

I think it will be this way next year too - then it will loosen a bit (based on Babers comments).

I don't think it was about limiting access to keep other teams in the dark. I think it was about creating an environment where the players weren't distracted be news reports and outside noise.

I think it will be this way next year too - then it will loosen a bit (based on Babers comments).

Still don't know that I see the point -- the players are going to be accessible to there media the rest of the year.

Either way, it's fine b/c it's his call. It's just weird to have basically zero information about a team this close to the season. It's fine but strange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom