When you can't get the game on Cable.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

When you can't get the game on Cable..

Riddle me this.

Why is CBS Sports Net about the only network with no streaming option?

So glad we're hardly ever on this network.

No streaming option is a joke in 2016.

Hey, guys, as I said in another thread... If I can't get decent tv, I listen to the Matt Park/Chris Gedney radio broadcast. They are very knowledgable and very professional... and they know much more about SU football... than do some random tv guys.

Maybe it's because I grew up listening to sports on radio (baseball, football and basketball), but I enjoy a good radio broadcast.

Hey, guys, as I said in another thread... If I can't get decent tv, I listen to the Matt Park/Chris Gedney radio broadcast. They are very knowledgable and very professional... and they know much more about SU football... than do some random tv guys.

Maybe it's because I grew up listening to sports on radio (baseball, football and basketball), but I enjoy a good radio broadcast.

Concur with this. Something about it... I'm afraid it may be lost among today's teen/twenty-somethings. But a good radio broadcast is like an art. It can paint a perfect picture for the listener.

Concur with this. Something about it... I'm afraid it may be lost among today's teen/twenty-somethings. But a good radio broadcast is like an art. It can paint a perfect picture for the listener.

I'm a visual person when it comes to football and basketball but I love baseball on the radio.

I'm a visual person when it comes to football and basketball but I love baseball on the radio.

I can completely understand.

Back in '03 I was a student at SUNY Cortland, and worked at a small convenience store in Little York not far off of I-81. Having to work my way through college, the radio broadcasts at work made that season just a touch more magical for me.

I love radio too. Park and Gedney were awful on Saturday. Several times I was screaming aloud: "how many yards did they gain?" "did he catch it?" "What down is it?" Park skips the most important information constantly. He also missed several plays. Suddenly it would be third down without ever hearing a second down play. Gedney repeating "wow" three times after the fake field goal was thoughtful analysis. Gedney's grunts and groans while Park is speaking is also terribly distracting. As I failed broadcaster, I understand how hard the job is, but these guys need to get better immediately.

how many people listen to other games to gauge how the SU guys are doing.. if you drive around with XM and listen its amazing just how bad so many of the crews really are.. even if you listen to the MLB/NFL local guys its really bad

how many people listen to other games to gauge how the SU guys are doing.. if you drive around with XM and listen its amazing just how bad so many of the crews really are.. even if you listen to the MLB/NFL local guys its really bad
That is definitely true. The Cowboys broadcast is embarrassing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom