Where Are We From/Fan History. | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Where Are We From/Fan History.

I was born in the late 80s in the Capital District area, NY. Dad is from Syracuse and his whole side of the family are fans, so I was born into being a fan. Just a baby in the late 80s, my recollection only extends to the early-mid 90s. Etan Thomas was my first favorite player.

One year when I was a teenager I had a weird little superstition. We used to watch a lot of games in the finished side of the basement for whatever reason, and early in the season we won a game and I noticed this old antique chair for a child that's down there was knocked over on its back on the floor. So, without telling my family, I tipped the chair back every game I watched downstairs for the rest of the season. We won a lot of games that season, which happened to be the 2002-03 season. Haven't done it since and no idea if my parents still have that chair stored somewhere. It's entirely possible it's my fault we haven't won another one.

I was born in the late 80s in the Capital District area, NY. Dad is from Syracuse and his whole side of the family are fans, so I was born into being a fan. Just a baby in the late 80s, my recollection only extends to the early-mid 90s. Etan Thomas was my first favorite player.

One year when I was a teenager I had a weird little superstition. We used to watch a lot of games in the finished side of the basement for whatever reason, and early in the season we won a game and I noticed this old antique chair for a child that's down there was knocked over on its back on the floor. So, without telling my family, I tipped the chair back every game I watched downstairs for the rest of the season. We won a lot of games that season, which happened to be the 2002-03 season. Haven't done it since and no idea if my parents still have that chair stored somewhere. It's entirely possible it's my fault we haven't won another one.

The 'edit' link has disappeared so I can't ad you to the lists I made but I did add you onto a WORD document I made of it and if I ever report it, you will be on there.

The 'edit' link has disappeared so I can't ad you to the lists I made but I did add you onto a WORD document I made of it and if I ever report it, you will be on there.
Thanks for doing it!

I started my "Orange Crush" when I got my introduction to journalism as a part-time sportswriter on the D&C and Rosie Bouie was just a tall kid out of Kendall HS. Bill Chanin was the sports editor who hired me and Bob Mathews ran the sports desk. Who knew Bouie would evolve into The Louie & Bouie Show fame?--VBOF

P.S.: Just went back to Nepenthe in Big Sur (my avatar), and it still looks just as grand. That's my "pocket of peace."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom