where are we with dajuan coleman | Syracusefan.com

where are we with dajuan coleman

tbonezone

Living Legend
it's late october already . any credible updates on his playing status ? we could really use him underneath.

Jacob Klinger ‏@Jacob_Klinger_ 1h1 hour ago
DaJuan Coleman is jogging on a treadmill at this point in his rehab @dosports

Syracuse Basketball ‏@syrbasketball 2h2 hours ago
On injured center Dajuan Coleman. Boeheim says he is limited. No timetable. Hopeful he'll be able to do something in November.
B0LNhYrIMAASKSd.jpg:large

50-50 to play this year, he says.

well that's bad news if true . his procedure was way back in january no ?
that just seems like a long bounce back period for such a young kid.

Last edited:
it looks like he wants to be a teammate, but lets face it. it's October 17 and the guy cant run. he cant run, he is not playing meaningful high-major D1 basketball this year.

He was able to boost up a teammate in the dunk contest but didn't play in the scrimmage.

As much as I'd love to see DC play for us this year I would hate to see him rush back prematurely only to struggle physically and perhaps burn up a year of eligibility when he physically is unable to significantly contribute.

Most people are of the mind that next year is the year that the stars would seem to align for a Syracuse run at the title and if DC was to redshirt, hopefully he would be fully healed and rehabbed and be ready to step in and be that player we've all hoped for.

On a side note, this kid deserves all the encouragement and support of the Syracuse fanbase. He has endured an unbelievable amount of hardship and misfortune. The kid is a winner and I will forever have etched upon my mind the image of him fiercely exhorting and cheering on his team from the bench when others, if in his situation at the time may have sulked or appeared indifferent. It's my hope that Coleman gets his opportunity to shine in Orange and nobody will be cheering any louder than me for him. Watching him sitting off to the side during the festivities last night made me realize how difficult a path this kid has had to travel. DeJuan... we are all pulling for you brother!

As much as I'd love to see DC play for us this year I would hate to see him rush back prematurely only to struggle physically and perhaps burn up a year of eligibility when he physically is unable to significantly contribute.

Most people are of the mind that next year is the year that the stars would seem to align for a Syracuse run at the title and if DC was to redshirt, hopefully he would be fully healed and rehabbed and be ready to step in and be that player we've all hoped for.

On a side note, this kid deserves all the encouragement and support of the Syracuse fanbase. He has endured an unbelievable amount of hardship and misfortune. The kid is a winner and I will forever have etched upon my mind the image of him fiercely exhorting and cheering on his team from the bench when others, if in his situation at the time may have sulked or appeared indifferent. It's my hope that Coleman gets his opportunity to shine in Orange and nobody will be cheering any louder than me for him. Watching him sitting off to the side during the festivities last night made me realize how difficult a path this kid has had to travel. DeJuan... we are all pulling for you brother!
For the "stars to align" for a run at a NC next year, SU will need to have an experienced big man in the middle. If DC red shirts this season, it'll be over a year and half since he had seen actual game time which will put him way back. And unless Obokoh shows a lot of unexpected promise, center position will be a question mark next year. I wish DC well and would like to see him 100% this year. If it takes until 2nd semester for that to happen, I would rather see him play half a season than a full red shirt. The kid came in rumored to be a one and done, so I doubt he would stay 5 years in any case.

For the "stars to align" for a run at a NC next year, SU will need to have an experienced big man in the middle. If DC red shirts this season, it'll be over a year and half since he had seen actual game time which will put him way back. And unless Obokoh shows a lot of unexpected promise, center position will be a question mark next year. I wish DC well and would like to see him 100% this year. If it takes until 2nd semester for that to happen, I would rather see him play half a season than a full red shirt. The kid came in rumored to be a one and done, so I doubt he would stay 5 years in any case.

I certainly want DC to make a big comeback and become the player we hoped he could be. But I think you're going to like Obokoh. He seems more broad-shouldered that Keita and could add on some weight and strength and I think he's going to be able to help us on both ends, which Keita could not. DC not only needs to come back from injury but to learn how to play at this level, which he never has. His is not so much of a comeback as it is a "become".

jeez, reading that Ditota article on Coleman's chances to play - first I heard about Chino being injured this fall. Not good. :(

Will not have a good feeling about McCollough as the backup center.

Really mixed feelings on this. If this truly is the throwaway season, it would hurt not to get any run out of him and not see him battle tested for next season as well as this post season!

I certainly want DC to make a big comeback and become the player we hoped he could be. But I think you're going to like Obokoh. He seems more broad-shouldered that Keita and could add on some weight and strength and I think he's going to be able to help us on both ends, which Keita could not. DC not only needs to come back from injury but to learn how to play at this level, which he never has. His is not so much of a comeback as it is a "become".
I didn't want to dis DC by saying coming back as he was wasn"t going to be enough to get to an NC, but you're right. As a Rochesterian, I want Obokoh to succeed but it's wait and see for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom