Class of 2014 - Which Elite '14 Prospect Will Struggle Most? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Which Elite '14 Prospect Will Struggle Most?

I think any center position would be a prospect unless you are an athletic specimen like Davis, Oden, etc.

I have been watching SU/college hoops a long time and know what I'm talking. I'm the guy that said Terrance Roberts looks like a draft pick after his first few games and Dion didn't look like lottery...wait, bad examples.

Seriously, when Francis posted Nerlens hs games during the holiday season two season ago, I watched and thought "this Goodluck is someone we're recruiting?????"He looked like a great athlete that was told to play hoop. Kind of like when the wrestlers would come out and try to play hoops with you in hs. Now, maybe he's really improved and I know big guys take time but I'm not shocked he's #1, except the fact he had to be a top target in the first place to even make the list.

Francis/Tee, do we have a real, genuine interest in Goodluck, meaning JB/hop think real highly of him?

Goodluck seems like he more ranked because of his upside based on athleticism. That has the recipe for struggling in college.

CM is tall and athletic with a good jump shot. I can't see him struggling. Only thing that would hold him back in scoring and rebounding is the talent we will already have on this team.

I have been watching SU/college hoops a long time and know what I'm talking. I'm the guy that said Terrance Roberts looks like a draft pick after his first few games and Dion didn't look like lottery...wait, bad examples.

Seriously, when Francis posted Nerlens hs games during the holiday season two season ago, I watched and thought "this Goodluck is someone we're recruiting?????"He looked like a great athlete that was told to play hoop. Kind of like when the wrestlers would come out and try to play hoops with you in hs. Now, maybe he's really improved and I know big guys take time but I'm not shocked he's #1, except the fact he had to be a top target in the first place to even make the list.

Francis/Tee, do we have a real, genuine interest in Goodluck, meaning JB/hop think real highly of him?
I think there are still a lot of players for his services, IU, , Duke (depending on what happens with Okafor), and a slew of others. At one point, I would say yes, but not sure right now, as the circus is not something the staff seems to like getting involved in. If he "trims" his list down to 10, not a good sign even if we're one of them.

I really like his fit with SU ball as he is first and foremost, a rim protector. He's getting a little more polished offensively, but it's not a necessity if he plays the 5. He will get plenty of freebies in the paint, but to me, his appeal will always be his defense.

I love his game and how it fits into the 2-3 and he will be special in college wherever he goes. So I'm still hopeful of the prospect of him joining SU but I'm not overly confident on this one.