Class of 2015 - Which incoming recruit will make the biggest impact | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Which incoming recruit will make the biggest impact

Dave85

Living Legend
I am interested in other's people's take on the incoming class. Here's my view:

1. Moustapha Daigne (because we have a big need at center)
2. Malachi Richardson (because TC is inconsistent)
3. Franklin Howard (reminds me of Patterson so I hope he can contribute during his career).
4. Tyler Lydon (reminds me of BJ. Looks great but I'm not sure he's going to have impact. I hope so. Maybe he will be a huge surprise for us with consistent outside shooting but it remains to be seen).

Of course if TB commits he will probably have the biggest impact since we need someone to anchor the zone.

You pretty much answered yourself IMO. Rakeem is leaving so its Diange or Bryant if he decides to come here.

And I agree with CraigForth that Battle will have the biggest impact of course thats not till 2016.

Can someone explain the Patterson comparison

Not at all as I don't agree nor see the correlation in their games. Buss was an on the ball defensive stopper with a suspect handle, good court vision and a very streaky jump shot in HighSchool. Frank is a playmaking 2G transitioning to PG who has a better handle, more consistent shot and is about 3 inches taller.

Yeah, if Bryant comes, it's Bryant. If Bryant doesn't come, it's either Diagne or Richardson (I don't think Howard will be ready to handle a ton of minutes next year, and Lydon has a logjam ahead of him). I'm leaning toward Diagne over Richardson simply because of the uncertainty at the center position, whereas Richardson starts out behind Cooney and Gbinije.

Not at all as I don't agree nor see the correlation in their games. Buss was an on the ball defensive stopper with a suspect handle, good court vision and a very streaky jump shot in HighSchool. Frank is a playmaking 2G transitioning to PG who has a better handle, more consistent shot and is about 3 inches taller.
Agree, I don't see the Buss comparison at all. To me, Howard is a (much more raw) version of MCW. Not saying he'll ever get there, but that's who his game reminds me of, along with his build.

I'd compare Patterson and Howard like I'd compare a chicken to a fish .

Don't be hatin'...

c19708b4ef34e497cdd1ca9cca1365ba.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom