Class of 2016 - Who Commits This Weekend? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Who Commits This Weekend?

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Supposedly 12 recruits on campus, 3 of which have already committed (Coleman, Heckel, Servais).

Of the 9 remaining guys, who is the most likely to commit?

RB Jo-El Shaw COMMITTED
DE Josh Black COMMITTED
DE Jaquwan Nelson COMMITTED
WR Devin Butler COMMITTED
S Evan Foster COMMITTED
LB Rashad Smith COMMITTED
LB Tim Walton COMMITTED

OL Michael Clark COMMITTED
DT McKinley Williams COMMITTED

Top 4 guys plus Walton are probably the most highly sought after. Any 3 of those 5 and I would be happy. I would say Foster is a likely commit, as is potentially Smith. The bottom two may or may not have offers at this point in time.

Last edited:
Black, Foster, Smith, Williams and Butler(if he makes it) are the most likely IMO

SUFan44 said:
Supposedly 12 recruits on campus, 3 of which have already committed (Coleman, Heckel, Servais). Of the 9 remaining guys, who is the most likely to commit? RB Jo-El Shaw DE Josh Black DE Jaquwan Nelson WR Devin Butler S Evan Foster LB Rashad Smith LB Tim Walton OL Michael Clark DT McKinley Williams Top 4 guys plus Walton are probably the most highly sought after. Any 3 of those 5 and I would be happy. I would say Foster is a likely commit, as is potentially Smith. The bottom two may or may not have offers at this point in time.

Really want Shaw and Nelson. Think we get Black, Foster, Butler.

46266329.jpg

I'm kind of surprised they are going after so many linebackers. Any chance we end up eventually moving to a 3-4? I know that some of these LBs are much bigger than what we already have, but I thought ours had talent, just young talent.

I think as many as seven or eight is possible, but the realist in me expects something closer to four.

Supposedly 12 recruits on campus, 3 of which have already committed (Coleman, Heckel, Servais).

Of the 9 remaining guys, who is the most likely to commit?

RB Jo-El Shaw
DE Josh Black
DE Jaquwan Nelson
WR Devin Butler
S Evan Foster
LB Rashad Smith
LB Tim Walton
OL Michael Clark
DT McKinley Williams

Top 4 guys plus Walton are probably the most highly sought after. Any 3 of those 5 and I would be happy. I would say Foster is a likely commit, as is potentially Smith. The bottom two may or may not have offers at this point in time.
Black, Foster, Smith. Butler if he talks to the track coaches.

Don't think any others are likely until we get closer to signing day.

Black, Foster, Smith. Butler if he talks to the track coaches.

Don't think any others are likely until we get closer to signing day.

...and 3/5 of the ones you thought were unlikely until closer to NSD are now committed.

Recruiting is crazy.

...and 3/5 of the ones you thought were unlikely until closer to NSD are now committed.

Recruiting is crazy.
What seems crazy to me is when I think about Coach Baber's offense, I thought we would have quarterbacks and wide receivers all over the place. I love what the staff is doing; but it wasn't what I initially thought was going to happen.

What seems crazy to me is when I think about Coach Baber's offense, I thought we would have quarterbacks and wide receivers all over the place. I love what the staff is doing; but it wasn't what I initially thought was going to happen.
That might happen next year. I think the staff is doing great considering their time table.

I was thinking about this the other day,maybe Babers thinks we have enough of the talent to run his offense and defense was the problem here. Time to correct the immediate problems instead of chasing the problems.

You need to bold the ones who've committed. Half that list would be bolded, lol.

You need to bold the ones who've committed. Half that list would be bolded, lol.

Done.

Quite a weekend! And I feel like Black & Smith are good commit candidates as well.

Done.

Quite a weekend! And I feel like Black & Smith are good commit candidates as well.

Add Black & Butler (too bad we don't have a Decker) = one of the best(?) recruiting weekends we have had in years

Black's the last one left that I would wager on.

Don't think Walton will pull the trigger but you never know.

And quite honestly, I think Walton is more of a luxury recruit than a need. We have a lot of depth at LB. Maybe not the size that the new staff wants, but there's enough talent at the position to compete in my opinion.

Is this the most verbal commits SU has ever gotten in one weekend? I can't remember anything even close to this?

Black's the last one left that I would wager on.

Don't think Walton will pull the trigger but you never know.

And quite honestly, I think Walton is more of a luxury recruit than a need. We have a lot of depth at LB. Maybe not the size that the new staff wants, but there's enough talent at the position to compete in my opinion.
The size of these commits is what I love. No longer will we make FSU and Clemson look like the Monstars out there.