Who gets the QOs? | Syracusefan.com

Who gets the QOs?

CaliCuse

All American
Also who gets teethe negotiations? I have to believe Robertson gets the latter. The same with Headley. Headley has to be reasonable in his $ negotiations. Robertson knows the facts in his case. I doubt he will be greedy beyond the Yankees ability to resign him.

ons.

According to the Associated Press, the price of qualifying offers for impending free agents has increased to $15.3 million, up from $14.1 million last year.

According to the Associated Press, the price of qualifying offers for impending free agents has increased to $15.3 million, up from $14.1 million last year.
Yep sand there a number of players who might jump at that number so teams need to be very thought flu about this amount of money and who is offered.

Also who gets teethe negotiations? I have to believe Robertson gets the latter. The same with Headley. Headley has to be reasonable in his $ negotiations. Robertson knows the facts in his case. I doubt he will be greedy beyond the Yankees ability to resign him.
So, the yankees can sign McCann, Ellsbury, Beltron, Tex, C.C., Tanaka, but their own players can't be greedy?

ons.

Jack Curry ‏@JackCurryYES 33m
Yankees are expected to extend David Robertson a qualifying offer of $15.3M on Monday, a source said. They are hopeful of retaining him.
Offering Robertson is kind of a must do thing. If he goes elsewhere the Yankees must get something in return even if its a draft pick. The same goes with Headley and a few others.The danger in these QOs is that a player you really don't want accepts the offer. Nova,it seems won't be "ready" until May so the team might go after an expensive FA instead of a kid in the system. Mitchell and Ramerize are two kids that might be ready to follow Shane Greene 's performance and come out strong. Only one way to find out. Unless Refsynder is a total flop this spring he is odds on favored to stick. I'd love to see Judge impress and ne a starting right fielder. a great arm and huge bat works for me. Many see him as another Dave Winfield type player because of size and ability. If the Yankees owned Whitfield from his start in baseball he would still be in AA ball. and Cashman would piss himself if he had to call him up to the majors.

@Yankees: #Yankees extend a qualifying offer to RHP David Robertson.

@Joelsherman1: So #Yankees either get Robertson for 1-yr, $15.3M. Sign multi-yr with him. Or get draft pick if he signs elsewhere.

To date, no MLB player has ever accepted a one year QO. They either negotiate a long term deal, or they go somewhere else.

Last edited:
The Yanks did NOT offer Kuroda.

They could take him back on a one year deal worth less than $15.3 mil, or they think he might return to Japan.

Robertson and Kuroda were the only two Yanks eligible for qualifying offers.

The Yanks did NOT offer Kuroda.

They could take him back on a one year deal worth less than $15.3 mil, or they think he might return to Japan.

Robertson and Kuroda were the only two Yanks eligible for qualifying offers.

They should have offered Kuroda, he's been a workhorse for them.

As expected, Robinson turned down the offer.

Let the dance begin. He'll probably negotiate a 3 year deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom