Class of 2015 - Who in the incoming freshmen class has a shot to be most excited about? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Who in the incoming freshmen class has a shot to be most excited about?

whatever the roster turns out to be, JB will still just play a 7-8 rotation and piss me off in the process LOL
The optimist in me says there is always the possibility of change... But the Syracuse fan in me knows that we will be lucky to see more that 8 by the time conference play comes around.

The optimist in me says there is always the possibility of change... But the Syracuse fan in me knows that we will be lucky to see more that 8 by the time conference play comes around.

We played 9 guys when MCW was a freshman.

If he is our only new starter we would have the most depth in Cuse history and I think possibly one of the best teams in the nation. Of course it is also the hardest part of the zone to play so we may see a few quick hooks as well as some What loses. Only problem is that means either someone will be transferring or Coleman's health is not good enough for him to come back.

Starters:
Joseph(So)
Cooney(rSr)
Gbinije(rSr)
McCullough(So)
Bryant(Fr)

Bench:
Roberson(Jr)
Patterson(Jr)
Johnson(Jr) Most likely transfer candidate
Coleman(rJr) Health concerns
Obokoh(Jr?)
Richardson(Fr)
Diagne(Fr)
Lydon(Fr) Redshirt candidate
Howard(Fr) Redshirt candidate

The numbers always work themselves out but needless to say this may be the most talent in terms of depth we may have ever had and I can't wait to see it all play out.

Lydon isnt redshirting and neither is frank.

Depending who stays/goes, I honestly think there is a decent chance one of the two will redshirt but not both.

jgeorge322 said:
Lydon isnt redshirting and neither is frank.

I could see Lydon redshirt, but not if BJ leaves.

Lydon is so thin he makes McCullough look like Popeye.

Depending who stays/goes, I honestly think there is a decent chance one of the two will redshirt but not both.

Frank is our backup pg. i dont see it. Lydon seems too highly rAted to sit.

Frank is our backup pg. i dont see it. Lydon seems too highly rAted to sit.
Mike G is our backup PG and I think Howard is a stud, but something's got to give between redshirt, transfer, medical redshirt, early NBA. TB is a huge piece to the puzzle next year, and the turnover has been consistent in the last many years, it seems. So we'll see. Certainly one of any of those is a decent possiblity.

Mike G is our backup PG and I think Howard is a stud, but something's got to give between redshirt, transfer, medical redshirt, early NBA. TB is a huge piece to the puzzle next year, and the turnover has been consistent in the last many years, it seems. So we'll see. Certainly one of any of those is a decent possiblity.

Imho g is our backup pg thos year out of necessity. Cant see that being case next year with frank in fold.

I think lydon is really really good despite being light. I dont think coach b will want to keep him out completely.

Well likely see a transfer and i still expect chris to leave.

dissagree on likely we have a transfer,might may be a better word. I think patterson is to valuable to not play some solid d for short stretches, and BJ will shoot/rebound his way into the lineup as time goes on.

Imho g is our backup pg thos year out of necessity. Cant see that being case next year with frank in fold.

I think lydon is really really good despite being light. I dont think coach b will want to keep him out completely.

Well likely see a transfer and i still expect chris to leave.

On G I agree he was the backup PG because we needed one last year and again this year since Joseph was the supposed to be the backup. I'd also say having a SF that can play like a PG on the floor with a PG is huge boon to the offense compared to just having him be a backup PG. He's more valuable at his natural spot alongside a PG and I would prefer Howard as the backup PG to Joseph for that reason and so that Howard gets some burn at his future spot.

I also like Lydon and when I watch him he seems to be one of those guys that could help right away because he is naturally a complimentary player rather than a star. He doesn't need to have the ball a lot, his presence can stretch the D, even though he's slight he is a glass crasher and goes after it. The thing with freshman forwards that keep them on the pine at SU is the defense more than anything and that's something you just don't know until we see them.

I also still expect Chris to go to the NBA although I wouldn't be completely shocked to see him back.

I understand not wanting to redshirt, but if a player isn't going to play, what incentive is there to not take the shirt?

This is a hypothetical, but assuming the player is not NBA material, why not take the reshirt, if you know that your not getting any playing time aside from maybe a couple minutes at the end of an early season blowout. Isn't it worthwhile to take the redshirt, with the possibility that the last season you do blow up, or at least you get the opportunity for grad school! Worse case scenario, you can still leave a year early (your true senior season) and play overseas.

I understand all these kids dreams are the NBA, but it seems like too many of them take an all or nothing attitude, rather than thinking of overall career potential.

I understand not wanting to redshirt, but if a player isn't going to play, what incentive is there to not take the shirt?

This is a hypothetical, but assuming the player is not NBA material, why not take the reshirt, if you know that your not getting any playing time aside from maybe a couple minutes at the end of an early season blowout. Isn't it worthwhile to take the redshirt, with the possibility that the last season you do blow up, or at least you get the opportunity for grad school! Worse case scenario, you can still leave a year early (your true senior season) and play overseas.

I understand all these kids dreams are the NBA, but it seems like too many of them take an all or nothing attitude, rather than thinking of overall career potential.
You answered your own question and every kid ranked in the top 100 feels they're pro bound, and that redshirting isn't an option barring injury.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom