Who is recruiting? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who is recruiting?

Francis, do you think gmac should become the lead receuiter when hop takes over? Maybe it's all those summer fishing trips that I can't get out of my head...
Red Autry at the moment is more accomplished and qualified for the lead recruiter role IMHO. GMac has a great chance coming up to build a really good resume with a lot of high profile players. It'll be fun to see how everything turns out.

Red Autry at the moment is more accomplished and qualified for the lead recruiter role IMHO. GMac has a great chance coming up to build a really good resume with a lot of high profile players. It'll be fun to see how everything turns out.

I think the "problem" with making Red the lead recruiter is that many believe he has his eyes on being a HC in the near future.

I'm not convinced that gmac has the ability to be our lead. Really nice guy actually super nice but comes across more like one of the players than a coach.

I'm not convinced that gmac has the ability to be our lead. Really nice guy actually super nice but comes across more like one of the players than a coach.

Exactly how Hop comes across, especially early on. GMac will be fine.

We know some good family friends. One of my business mentors who recently passed away. Gmac is aces so I hope he does great. I don't know Hop at all but he sure has been a fabulous recruiter so if G is like Hop he should do well. Thanks for the insight.

I kind of feel like that's an asset for a recruiter.

I agree. It's nice to have all alums but let's get the best candidate regardless.

Yes on best candidate available, but I also think its good to have some outside blood. It's good to have a little bit of a different perspective at times.

Just curious, who gets the credit for Battle?

If he landed Moyer that's a great start - but I think it's way too early to say that he's proven himself to be the heir apparent as the lead recruiter to replace Hop. When JB steps down, Gerry won't be able to use the sales pitch of come and play for a HOFer and Olympic Gold-medalist. If he can reel in Green and 2 of the others then I'll be impressed. Anything less and we might be needing someone more seasoned and proven in that position (especially with an unproven HC taking over). I know you think I'm being overly critical but ask Francis or anyone else -- 2017 is shaping up to be a make-or-break class. 8 ships will need to be filled most likely. That's practically an entire JB roster. We need to hit a few home runs. Duval is waiting for Syracuse to call him back. I kid. Maybe not. :noidea:
I guess this is my point. If the class entering in 2017 is going to be 1 year JB / 3 yrs Hop, and has the possibilty of being so large, shouldn't Hop have a majority influence on who is offered? I mean that it is potentialy going to be his team more than JB's. It's one thing for a coach to take over at a school and have to work with the previous coach's recruits because he wasn't there, its another to having a say who those recruits will be because he was there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom