Who is your favorite player? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Who is your favorite player?

I like Lydon, but I LOVE screaming every syllable of the name Mal-a-chi when her buries a trey.

All - time ..Not any easy decision by any means, but I have to go with Stevie
Yeah I was thinking of starting a separate thread of favorite player who wasn't the best player on the team and I think I would have led with Stevie.

Scoop for his journey as a person
Rak, DNic and Hak for the growth in their games
Andy and Billy for their overall games
Devo for his swag
Melo and Gerry for the ring
DC for being the best I have seen at SU.

This year: Malachi
Overall: Pearl

Notice there aren't many votes for Melo. Tells you the importance of longevity in the hearts of fans no matter the accomplishments.

Louie&Bouie said:
This year--Cooney. Much maligned, but has the heart of a lion. Plays at both ends, and never quits (although none of the kids on the last two teams had any quit in them). All-time--Pearl. Put a stamp on this program that will never be erased. Sherm was a better player, but the Pearl was, well, THE PEARL. A God in sneakers.

Ditto for the same reasons.

Favorites all time: Wallace, G-Mac, Scoop (no way i can pick a winner out of those three.)

This year: All of them (These guys are a true team in every sense of the word. They've left it all on the floor, every game. Not sure I've been more proud of a Syracuse squad than this years group; the way they've kept their noses to the grindstone to keep getting better and overcome some GLARING weaknesses while perfecting their strengths has been admirable. They've faced some major adversity this year and have not wavered in their belief in themselves, their coach, or this program. I am really really rooting for this years squad to make something of itself and do some damage in the tournament.)

Last edited:
This year is Mal. But Frank is a close second.

All time: Melo

Others receiving votes: Autry, Wallace, DNic and a soft spot for Arinze.

Btw, I can already see how much I'll enjoy Lydon once he gets to the league.

Malachi

Derrick Coleman. It was hard not to type Pearl's name here but I've always been a big DC fan.

Favorite current guy has to be Cooney. All time, Devo probably tops the list.

Honorable mentions:

John Wallace
Dion Waiters
Etan Thomas

well this year, tr, all time guy named wendall alexis, just a non assuming clutch player, this is not the best but favorite right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom