Who said Peyton Manning was washed up? | Syracusefan.com

Who said Peyton Manning was washed up?

LOL!!! Love it!!! And for the record, I believe it is an accuracy and touch issue and nothing to do with flat out arm strength. The report last month about him not having feeling in his fingers, I believe 100%. Manning still undefeated vs the chefs as a Bronco! $ made... Terrible Oline play again, and no running game as a result, and still beat 2 really good physical teams! Could be the best D the Broncos have ever had..

Listening to Phil Simms and Jim Nantz ball wash Peyton Manning all night and make excuses was crazy. Manning had 2 really strong drives which resulted in 2 TDs but he was awful tonight. He should have had a lot more INTs and the Denver defense was outstanding along with Andy Reid being awful. Andy Reid's clock management is just so bad it can't be crushed.

Those announcers were embarrassing blaming the OL and WRs all night for Manning's mistakes. Congrats to Denver as their D is truly special forcing 5 turnovers two of which were in the red zone.

Listening to Phil Simms and Jim Nantz ball wash Peyton Manning all night and make excuses was crazy. Manning had 2 really strong drives which resulted in 2 TDs but he was awful tonight. He should have had a lot more INTs and the Denver defense was outstanding along with Andy Reid being awful. Andy Reid's clock management is just so bad it can't be crushed.

Those announcers were embarrassing blaming the OL and WRs all night for Manning's mistakes. Congrats to Denver as their D is truly special forcing 5 turnovers two of which were in the red zone.

Should've would've could've. And if Seattle runs the rock, they should've won another superbowl. It's clearly an Oline issue. Did Manning have bad throws? Of course he did, just like the last 2 seasons. But like I was saying the other night, it's timing, timing and timing with him. And yes, his touch is no longer there. But with a D playing truly lights out, we can go far.

Manning's crispness and pinpoint accuracy have definitely eroded, there is no question. But, his experience (reading the blitzes) and making plays when he needed to won that game for Denver. He had to play fast because the O-Line is just dreadful. Great adjustment, and he delivered...just like always.

Denver's D is elite. Phil Simms refusing to say ANYTHING critical of Manning was the problem I had. The team is definitely a contender but Manning and its not his fault is just not the same player. I was more making fun of Simms/Nantz than take a shot at Manning.
That team can still win but the excuses they made were insane.

LOL!!! Love it!!! And for the record, I believe it is an accuracy and touch issue and nothing to do with flat out arm strength. The report last month about him not having feeling in his fingers, I believe 100%. Manning still undefeated vs the chefs as a Bronco! $ made... Terrible Oline play again, and no running game as a result, and still beat 2 really good physical teams! Could be the best D the Broncos have ever had..
Was a cause identified re the feeling in his fingers? The crafty veteran is somehow able to push throw the ball to his receivers

Was a cause identified re the feeling in his fingers? The crafty veteran is somehow able to push throw the ball to his receivers
It's always speculated that the loss of feeling is from his multiple neck surgeries. But nothing definitive. But the whole glove mystery being just about cold weather has been proven false. He didn't wear a glove most of preseason and then showed up with it again all the sudden. So nerve damage or loss of feeling would explain it.

Denver's D is elite. Phil Simms refusing to say ANYTHING critical of Manning was the problem I had. The team is definitely a contender but Manning and its not his fault is just not the same player. I was more making fun of Simms/Nantz than take a shot at Manning.
That team can still win but the excuses they made were insane.
And the funniest thing about this is, there was a real petition last season for banning Simms from ever calling a Bronco game again (yes you can google it). He would never disagree with obviously bad calls EVER against the Broncos and would stick up for the other team. And then even after the petition continued his idiot ways, and did it last week against Bmore too. I've never liked him and never will.

Simms is terrible. Every AFC fan agrees with that. KC blew that game in typical Andy Reid fashion.

As for Manning, he can still do some good things, but it's based all on his intelligence. There was one pass he threw to the sideline last night in the first half to his tight end that went five yards up the field and it took about 3 seconds to get there. He's got by far the weakest arm out of any starting QB in the NFL.

^ Agree with this. But it's nothing new. For the last couple seasons he's had the weakest arm, there was an article written up on PFF about it. Intelligence is his game. Yes I commented on the pass to the sideline as soon as I saw that also. But then he throws a great pass while moving backwards, into the back of the end zone to Virgil Green! And throws a good fast ball to Sanders for his final TD.

I'd be ok if Simms just launched himself into rush hour traffic. He actually suggested the draw play and then critique'd it wasn't conservative enough seconds later after the fumble, right? I can see some guys doing that in a self-deprecating way but he was totally serious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom