Who to root for | Syracusefan.com

Who to root for

SWC75

Bored Historian
It's more fun watching the MLB playoffs is you have someone to root for. If your team didn't make it or gets eliminated, you might want to consider this list. It's based on how long the fans of each team have been waiting to win a championship, (in baseball).

1) Cubs, waiting since 1908
2) Nationals, (franchise has never won since it started in 1969 but the city of Washington hasn't had a title since 1924)
3) Indians (1948)
4) Rangers (1961)
5) Orioles (1983)
6) Mets (1986)
7) Dodgers (1988 - Vin Scully's last year, although he's no longer doing the games)
8) Blue Jays (1993)
9) Red Sox (2103)
10) Giants (2014)

root for the O's. If you are a Yankee fan, they are the original Yankees.
Just had the best year by a closer by ERA and save % in history.
Personification of go big (fly) or go home.
Has one of the bright young stars who few people know about (Manny Machado), some occasional All Stars (Adam Jones and Chris Davis) and a bunch of cast offs and re-treads.
Plus, the Oriole is just cool looking.

It's more fun watching the MLB playoffs is you have someone to root for. If your team didn't make it or gets eliminated, you might want to consider this list. It's based on how long the fans of each team have been waiting to win a championship, (in baseball).

2) Nationals, (franchise has never won since it started in 1969 but the city of Washington hasn't had a title since 1924)
3) Indians (1948)
4) Rangers (1961)
5) Orioles (1983)
6) Mets (1986)
7) Dodgers (1988 - Vin Scully's last year, although he's no longer doing the games)
8) Blue Jays (1993)
9) Red Sox (2103)
10) Giants (2014)

The Rangers were the Washington Senators when they won that ws, right?

The Rangers were the Washington Senators when they won that ws, right?

No. The original Senators became the Twins in 1961 and a new senators team replaced them. That team became the Rangers.

No. The original Senators became the Twins in 1961 and a new senators team replaced them. That team became the Rangers.

The Rangers have never won a ws.

I know who I'm not rooting for ...

Why is Jose Bautista so loathed?

"In bad words, he's just an ass. That's the perception that he gave to all of us on that day on that grand stage."

Bautista and the Blue Jays are back in the postseason. They clinched a wild card on the final day of the season and will face the Baltimore Orioles tonight in Toronto. Prepare to be offended.

Bautista flips bats, stops to admire his home runs much longer than the nanosecond allowed in baseball's unwritten rules, and quibbles over balls and strikes like an obsessive shopper picking through bruised fruit.​

Because he's an arrogant, self-absorbed drama queen. And while I don't like Rougned Odor either, I sure howled when I watched this:

i

I know who I'm not rooting for ...

Why is Jose Bautista so loathed?

"In bad words, he's just an ass. That's the perception that he gave to all of us on that day on that grand stage."

Bautista and the Blue Jays are back in the postseason. They clinched a wild card on the final day of the season and will face the Baltimore Orioles tonight in Toronto. Prepare to be offended.

Bautista flips bats, stops to admire his home runs much longer than the nanosecond allowed in baseball's unwritten rules, and quibbles over balls and strikes like an obsessive shopper picking through bruised fruit.​

Because he's an arrogant, self-absorbed drama queen. And while I don't like Rougned Odor either, I sure howled when I watched this:

i
Baseball needs moar fun. That essentially is just getting mad at him for bringing something interesting to the sport.

but yah he does argue a lot.

3) Indians (1948)
4) Rangers (1961)
5) Orioles (1983)
6) Mets (1986)
8) Blue Jays (1993)
9) Red Sox (2103)
10) Giants (2014)
1908 ggggggeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Baseball needs moar fun. That essentially is just getting mad at him for bringing something interesting to the sport.

but yah he does argue a lot.

Some baseball players get way too sensitive over stupid unwritten rules. "He's showing me up so I'm going to throw the ball at him!" LOL. Pathetic

Some baseball players get way too sensitive over stupid unwritten rules. "He's showing me up so I'm going to throw the ball at him!" LOL. Pathetic

There's a reason why rules are unwritten. it's because they are bad rules.

Players who attempt to motivate themselves or coach who try to motivate their players by alleging that the other team has violated unwritten rules are jerks.

Last edited:
Thats a terrible way to lose, if that happened to the Mets, I might not sleep for a couple of days.

Thats a terrible way to lose, if that happened to the Mets, I might not sleep for a couple of days.

If Terry used like Logan Verrett over Familia in a tie win or go home game, I don't even know what I'd do.

Now that the Mets are out, I'll root for the Dodgers. Clayton Kershaw is the best pitcher of his generation, maybe the best of the past several generations, but too many idiot (IMHO) fans downgrade him because of lack of postseason success. Want to see him have a successful postseason run to shut that down.

I hope it works out so that we get Arrieta/Kershaw or Bumgarner/Kershaw in the first game of the NLCS. How awesome would it be to see one of those series go 7 games and get that matchup 3 times?

Now that the Mets are out, I'll root for the Dodgers. Clayton Kershaw is the best pitcher of his generation, maybe the best of the past several generations, but too many idiot (IMHO) fans downgrade him because of lack of postseason success. Want to see him have a successful postseason run to shut that down.

I hope it works out so that we get Arrieta/Kershaw or Bumgarner/Kershaw in the first game of the NLCS. How awesome would it be to see one of those series go 7 games and get that matchup 3 times?

If we shouldn't judge Kershaw for his lack of post-season success, should we still judge Familia based on his lack of post-season success?

If we shouldn't judge Kershaw for his lack of post-season success, should we still judge Familia based on his lack of post-season success?
fair enough

I consider total body of work . . . Kershaw's is so good I can overlook the small October sample size. Familia's is not, but hopefully good enough to shop him for a big payoff.

fair enough

I consider total body of work . . . Kershaw's is so good I can overlook the small October sample size. Familia's is not, but hopefully good enough to shop him for a big payoff.

94 saves in two years is too good to 'shop' him. Are they going to get somebody better?

Why not, Lets go Cubs, their fans deserve it, I want to see a crazy celebration in Chi Town.

root for the O's. If you are a Yankee fan, they are the original Yankees.
Just had the best year by a closer by ERA and save % in history.
Personification of go big (fly) or go home.
Has one of the bright young stars who few people know about (Manny Machado), some occasional All Stars (Adam Jones and Chris Davis) and a bunch of cast offs and re-treads.
Plus, the Oriole is just cool looking.

The O's moved from St. Louis in the early 50's. They were the former St. Louis Browns. You are correct that the Yankees franchise did play 2 seasons in Baltimore before moving to NYC in 1903.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo123

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom