Who was double-middle finger | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who was double-middle finger

How great is this board? PD writes a post calling out a random SU fan out of thousands for flipping the bird and cussing out some fans. Perp happens to be a lurker. He registers with the name birdman, throws a bird avatar in for good measure, and starts his inaugural post with "double bird man here". HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!

Glad you caught the bird avatar. However, this isn't just any bird. It's Frankie, the pet macaw of Koko B. Ware, the former arm flapping, squawking WWF wrestler known as The Birdman from the late 80s. My inspiration...

Last edited:
It's double bird man here, if you were in TDT section half way up or so. In this statement, I'm assuming I was the only Cuse fan in the stadium infuriated enough by the despicable behavior of a very large percentage Clemson fans to "make a statement," however inelegant and offensive, and your post is therefore referring to me.

As a Syracuse fan, you state you were embarrassed by my behavior. As a Syracuse fan, I was absolutely furious, and judging from many other posts and articles I've seen, I, fortunately, wasn't the only one. As a human being, I was embarrassed by Clemson fan behavior. I've never witnessed this in my 25 years of participating in or observing pop warner, high school, college, or professional sports. I've also never responded at a sporting event in such a passionate, albeit vulgar manner. This response is not a simple case of a "drunk syracuse fan being a d$&k for no reason." At best, you seem to minimize this fan behavior: "Yeah, they booed our player". Singular, mind you.

Regardless of the potential for an ulterior motive, it isn't for Clemson fans or you to judge. I work professionally with injured athletes. Included in the multiple injured "player" booed were John Raymon, who not only is an incredible underdog story on a human level but is also returning from a horrible knee injury from last year http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/07/john_raymons_long_road_to_syra.html
Also included was Brisly Estime, who was in his first game back from an ankle injury, and left the stadium in a walking boot on crutches.

While I'm not entirely proud of my actions, my only regret is that there were children in our section, and for that I owe an apology to those parents. Adults with a clue of what was going on should have the stomach to tolerate R rated verbiage on a Saturday night. You may have noticed no Clemson fans in our vicinity had much to say afterward, possibly too embarrassed to justify booing injured players. Otherwise, you may have witnessed quite a bit more.

I'm glad two Clemson fans introduced themselves to you, wished you luck, and made you feel warm and fuzzy inside. However, your convincing sample size of 2 does not impress me when the majority of a stadium is booing injured college kids. If your new Clemson friends were among the booers, the double bird and F bomb was intended for them too. Although it might be your first potential encounter with inauthentic passive aggressive southern hospitality, it wouldn't have been mine.
good post.

Do you think Shafer of all people would tell his players to fake injuries even once?

Nonsense.
i like shafer, think he is maturing on the job, and expect good things next tear. that said, yes i do think he and every other coach would advise players indirectly, to do that. in so many words as in stay on the ground if you do not feel right

I'll pm ya something even more legendary :p

You know how people always warn/joke about some guy sitting in his parents basement looking at all the pictures on snapchat that people think are secret?

Am I the only 1 who pictures Bees doing that with PM's?

I am kidding.

Glad you caught the bird avatar. However, this isn't just any bird. It's Frankie, the pet macaw of Koko B. Ware, the former arm flapping, squawking WWF wrestler known as The Birdman from the late 80s. My inspiration...

I think WWE is now the appropriate term to use for all eras.

I shared several high-fives with BirdMan during the game as Syracuse held mighty Clemson to 3 points in the first half. While not everyone is proud of an SU fan flipping the double-bird towards our hosts... it's what more than one of us felt like doing following the horrible treatment of downed/injured Orange players.

Many hear chuckle at the old "F Yukon!" posts of yesteryear, but this past Saturday a deserved "F Clemson (fanatics)!" message was conveyed in person.
I was a couple rows directly behind Birdman, one behind Moontan. I don't get what all the fuss is about. It wasn't directed towards a specific Clemson fan, or group of Clemson fans, unless you count the whole top half of the upper deck. It's not like Birdman was getting in the face of someone. I actually didn't think anything about it after the game until I read this post. I will have to say though, I was pretty annoyed with the booing also.

Dude, you are the exact opposite of most everyone else here: you go big in real life and choose not to flaunt your Internet muscles much on these forums.

Change that ratio a bit. Good (self) perspective.

Go Orange.

You mean this message board wasn't intended for deep introspection and self-analysis??? I'll see what I can do.

Bjorn is BirdMan, you make the call (my mind is made up)...the legend strikes again. Rises like a Phoenix out of nowhere then leaves us wanting more. Thirty years from now, 24k fans will have claimed to have seen him in person at Clemson.

Bjo err BirdMan do you play a Division 1 level hoops game at the YMCA, per chance?

Bjorn is BirdMan, you make the call (my mind is made up)...the legend strikes again. Rises like a Phoenix out of nowhere then leaves us wanting more. Thirty years from now, 24k fans will have claimed to have seen him in person at Clemson.

Bjo err BirdMan do you play a Division 1 level hoops game at the YMCA, per chance?
Negative

We don't deserve Bjorn.

So confused. I saw a Clemson fan flip the double bird during the game. So, a Cuse fan did this as well?

Old people should stay inside at night. Am I missing something?

I have to admit, I'm won over by that avatar.

I also would have accepted SD Jones.

Chip said:
I have to admit, I'm won over by that avatar. I also would have accepted SD Jones.

When it comes to mid-card WWE jobbers, there's the Brooklyn Brawler Steve Lombardi, and then there's everyone else.

When it comes to mid-card WWE jobbers, there's the Brooklyn Brawler Steve Lombardi, and then there's everyone else.
Don't forget SU's own ROH up-and-comer "Moose".

I don't know, SD was the original, he went back a long way. Plus he had a hole in his back that no one ever seemed to want to explain.

How about Barry Horowitz and his signature patting of himself on the back? I kinda dug that misplaced confidence.

If the jobbers were still around, I'd probably still watch.

I don't know, SD was the original, he went back a long way. Plus he had a hole in his back that no one ever seemed to want to explain.

How about Barry Horowitz and his signature patting of himself on the back? I kinda dug that misplaced confidence.

If the jobbers were still around, I'd probably still watch.

What about Iron Mike Sharpe?!

NKR1978 said:
What about Iron Mike Sharpe?!

Solid. They never figured out that he had a foreign object in that wrist protector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom