Who was responsible for the Monday Luncheons | Syracusefan.com

Who was responsible for the Monday Luncheons

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
That HCDM used to attend? I always wanted to get to more of those, and just let it slide.
Now that HCDM has moved on, would HCSS be interested in picking these up? Maybe not even every week? Perhaps just a half dozen times? I would be happy to try and organize these at The Retreat in Liverpool. They have a back room that would be perfect for this on a Monday lunch.

Any idea who worked this out in the past?

Start with either Gedney or Palumb in the AD's office. They were fixtures at all the luncheons last year. Maybe even Bob Brotzki.

Any idea why they stopped doing them?

Any idea why they stopped doing them?
PJ's closed and they couldn't get anyone downtown to do it. They wanted Suds but Suds said no.. Would be surprised that Saltine Warrior wouldn't want to do it..

I used to go with my Dad during the Coach P era. These aren't new. I didn't realize they stopped.

You need a private dining room and a decent lunch menu.

If not the Retreat, maybe back to Drumlins?

PJ's closed and they couldn't get anyone downtown to do it. They wanted Suds but Suds said no.. Would be surprised that Saltine Warrior wouldn't want to do it..

Begs the question whether or not it would have to be downtown in order to draw a sufficient crowd. I wouldn't think so, but I wonder if this has been a stipulation in the past.

You need a private dining room and a decent lunch menu.

If not the Retreat, maybe back to Drumlins?

Drumlins was the tradition for years, right?

Back to the Schwartzwalder days?

Drumlins was the tradition for years, right?

Back to the Schwartzwalder days?

Drumlins would be better for me as I work in the Eastern suburbs.

I will say PJ's was barely big enough to accomodate the crowd after big wins. I think their meeting room only sat about 100 (someone mentioned that number at one of the lunches I attended; seemed about right to me).

Any new venue selected should have a room that sits at least that much, and preferably more like 150 or 200. It also needs a big kitchen that is capable of creating 100 or 150 lunches in a period of 30 minutes...

Maybe even Bob Brotzki.
brasky_drunks.jpg
?

Drumlins would be better for me as I work in the Eastern suburbs.

I will say PJ's was barely big enough to accomodate the crowd after big wins. I think their meeting room only sat about 100 (someone mentioned that number at one of the lunches I attended; seemed about right to me).

Any new venue selected should have a room that sits at least that much, and preferably more like 150 or 200. It also needs a big kitchen that is capable of creating 100 or 150 lunches in a period of 30 minutes...

Sent an e-mail to the Orange Club suggesting a Monday luncheon program with Coach Shafer at Drumlins.

We'll see if anything happens.