who would take McC in the lottery? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

who would take McC in the lottery?

Call me crazy, I am watching these games and see a super skinny kid who cannot finish worth a lick and isn't putting points on the board.

Even Elmore was saying it's about the second contract and knocked our early entries.

McCullough has much more refined basketball skills than Grant has ever had, but it's not making a difference on the court right now. When a kid can't keep his footing or make a layup, skills don't matter much. Right now, he's looking as ineffective as any Syracuse forward in memory.
I mean he's getting knocked around by Colgate guys...colgate!

Call me crazy, I am watching these games and see a super skinny kid who cannot finish worth a lick and isn't putting points on the board.

Even Elmore was saying it's about the second contract and knocked our early entries.
Yeah Len kinda hammered Ennis.

Darko Milicic

TeamLgSalary
2003-04Detroit PistonsNBA$3,595,800
2004-05Detroit PistonsNBA$3,865,440
2005-06Detroit PistonsNBA$4,135,200
2006-07Orlando MagicNBA$5,218,622
2007-08Memphis GrizzliesNBA$6,500,000
2008-09Memphis GrizzliesNBA$7,020,000
2009-10Minnesota TimberwolvesNBA$7,500,000
2010-11Minnesota TimberwolvesNBA$4,325,000
2011-12Minnesota TimberwolvesNBA$4,776,500
2012-13Minnesota TimberwolvesNBA$5,228,000
2012-13Boston CelticsNBA$159,080
Career(may be incomplete)$52,323,642

Yeah Len kinda hammered Ennis.

Kids need to get bigger, stronger, more aware. It's not everyone who can get drafted by the NBA's version of the Washington Generals for a quick check.

Speaking of Darko I think he's some kickboxing champ or something now a days. What a weird change of profession. If the Pistons took Melo they could possibly of had a NBA title.

Tayshawn Prince looked pretty good at the time and they would have played him at the same position. I still would have taken Melo, but I can't slam Detroit too hard for taking Darko giving all the information and circumstances at the time.

They actually did win a title with Darko.

in spite of more than because of. Tayshon Prince isn't half the player Melo is, but his D was vital to winning.

No, Grant would have dominated Colgate as a sophomore. And I wasn't a Grant fan.

for the record, as a soph JG came off the bench against Colgate for 24 min. He had 6 points on 2-8 shooting (0-1 from 3), 6 rebs (2 O), 2 assists, 1 steal & 1 block.

He's a top 20 pick. He'll put on 20-25 pounds by next Fall (just like Grant). Chris Mc is leaps and bounds ahead of Grant in terms of offensive ability and he's the right body to be a stretch 4 in the NBA. Let's stop doing this after every game...why do you think SU is still recruiting Bryant when there are no open scholarships? Hint- it's not because Patterson's transferring.
I wouldn't say he's leaps and bounds better offensively...I don't think he's hit a jump shot in a month and hasn't shown to be able to post up 6 5 guys this year. Grant made some nice moves off the dribble last year before he hurt his back and also played above the rim on the glass. Grants jumper form was ugly, but he made his fair share of the same shots chris has been getting from 10-15 feet. I don't think Chris is posting up and scoring like Grant did in OT against Duke last year.

And leaving early gets you to the second contract earlier. So that you're getting a third contract at your very peak.

And leaving early gets you to the second contract earlier. So that you're getting a third contract at your very peak.
I find it funny that people seem to believe that when guys stayed four years everyone got second contracts in the NBA.

Because nobody ever could have washed out when everybody was as ready as humanly possible to become a pro. Rosters just kept expanding to reward everyone that earned it by staying four years. It's true. Simmons' book has a chapter about it.

after the Colgate game last year, half the board thought CJ Fair was going to be a first team AA and possible lottery pick.

there is a reason the NBA holds its draft after the season.

I know the received wisdom is that McC is gone, both because of his presumed NBA potential and because he apparently has been telling people this himself, but...that doesn't mean the guy can't change his mind. I mean, he didn't sign a contract saying he was one and done, that I know of. It's way too early to know what kind of season he's going to have, but based on his recent play I think it's totally valid to speculate about the idea of him NOT declaring. I don't personally expect that, but hey, could happen.

I know the received wisdom is that McC is gone, both because of his presumed NBA potential and because he apparently has been telling people this himself, but...that doesn't mean the guy can't change his mind. I mean, he didn't sign a contract saying he was one and done, that I know of. It's way too early to know what kind of season he's going to have, but based on his recent play I think it's totally valid to speculate about the idea of him NOT declaring. I don't personally expect that, but hey, could happen.

if there is any way McC, DC2 & Bryant can play on this team next year, we are potential beast mode

If you just watch the games and didnt know the fact that McC was a big time recruit, you would think he's a project. The kind of raw athlete that we often recruit in hopes of one day refining into a serviceable player. People once thought Paul Harris was a one and done was well.

If you just watch the games and didnt know the fact that McC was a big time recruit, you would think he's a project. The kind of raw athlete that we often recruit in hopes of one day refining into a serviceable player. People once thought Paul Harris was a one and done was well.

Nah, Chris is leaps and bounds ahead of so many other past raw freshmen (Keita, Riley, E. Thomas, etc) - at least on offense. Chris has already had quite a few games with some really nice mid-range jump shooting. The pros will ignore the games where he doesn't.

I think Chris is just in some mini slump. He needs to stop that finger roll though, I think he's missed every one hes taken this season. I definately can see that if he gains 20-25 lbs, theres no reason why he can't be a similar player to say Serge Ibaka.

JB wouldnt, thats for sure! Loved JBs presser last night as usual

6'9" PF with a 7'3" wingspan and a nice looking jumpshot and athleticism? Yeah, an NBA team will take him somewhere in the 10-20 range.
I could agree w that but i dont get lottery

If you get it sure. And if you stay a couple of years and can play you'll get it too. The best argument people seem to make here for completely unfinished guys to leave is to get paid before you get exposed or hurt.

JB needs to stop goating McC in the press conferences. The kid is going to play this year and leave. Other coaches on JB's level don't act like this. If McCollough isn't responding to coaching now he won't the rest of the year. If that becomes a problem then its on JB/coaching staff.
Kids like McC are going to be 1 and done even if they aren't ready.

JB needs to stop goating McC in the press conferences. The kid is going to play this year and leave. Other coaches on JB's level don't act like this. If McCollough isn't responding to coaching now he won't the rest of the year. If that becomes a problem then its on JB/coaching staff.
Kids like McC are going to be 1 and done even if they aren't ready.

He'll be fine. I've played enough organized hoop in my life to know that the head coach usually plays the bad cop when it comes to treating players and usually an assistant, or position coach will play the good cop. In this case we have Mike Hopkins, who is probably the most positive person you can find in life. I mean he could point out the good in ISIS. I'm not worried about Boeheim losing Chris. He rode Cooney's rear after St. Johns and look how hes responded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom