who would take McC in the lottery? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

who would take McC in the lottery?

JB needs to stop goating McC in the press conferences. The kid is going to play this year and leave. Other coaches on JB's level don't act like this. If McCollough isn't responding to coaching now he won't the rest of the year. If that becomes a problem then its on JB/coaching staff.
Kids like McC are going to be 1 and done even if they aren't ready.
He is taking it pretty far. Some kids respond positively to that stuff , some go the other way (assuming hes not completely oblivious to JBs statements) .
Its funny how things work. Kaleb, Trevor, Rak, MG, Trob imo have all shown very noticeable signs of improvement the last few games which is awesome. But unfort McC has gone in the opposite direction. If those guys continue to improve and McC gets out of this little tiny slump, imo this team could do some damage in the ACC, very encouraging!

For the last time, the nba draft drafts on potential. Chris is a lot more talented than JGrant (who I also wish was still here). Sadly, he will go and he will be picked high.
Definitely will not be the last time. Will need to be repeated over and over again with more frequency as the season progresses to the end.

I could agree w that but i dont get lottery

Eh, by the time you hit the late lottery, all it takes is one team that wants to take a swing for the fences rather than just taking a safe, role player type.

Ex: Giannis Antetokounmpo. He was projected around the 20-25 range and Milwaukee took him at 15 because they needed a super star and he was the only guy that had a chance in hell of reaching that level.

This year, it'll be between a guy like Frank Kaminsky and McCullough (hypothetically speaking).

At the end of the day, the difference between late lottery and being taken around 20ish really isn't much.

I know the received wisdom is that McC is gone, both because of his presumed NBA potential and because he apparently has been telling people this himself, but...that doesn't mean the guy can't change his mind. I mean, he didn't sign a contract saying he was one and done, that I know of. It's way too early to know what kind of season he's going to have, but based on his recent play I think it's totally valid to speculate about the idea of him NOT declaring. I don't personally expect that, but hey, could happen.
This board went bananas when Carmelo said "don't worry about it" when asked if he was leaving right after the championship game. He's coming back! then reality set in. Then Green happened. A kid with loads of potential but a soft game and a poor family. Now most don't want to believe these things especially with a very low % of possibility.

Look at a draft board. After the top 10, how many kids are left that you would draft in front of Chris? There is not much other than kids with potential and future role players left.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...r?hootPostID=cf897da81e0ea2f55d36e543170f70e1
http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...r?hootPostID=cf897da81e0ea2f55d36e543170f70e1
NBA S&C coaches will fix McCollough's frame. Look at Jerami Grant already.
16631598-large.jpg

Grant in the NBA

16631588-large.jpg

Grant in college.

Tough for Chris. I am sure that a game against Colgate just before Christmas is one of the most heavily viewed by NBA scouts.

Eh, by the time you hit the late lottery, all it takes is one team that wants to take a swing for the fences rather than just taking a safe, role player type.

Ex: Giannis Antetokounmpo. He was projected around the 20-25 range and Milwaukee took him at 15 because they needed a super star and he was the only guy that had a chance in hell of reaching that level.

This year, it'll be between a guy like Frank Kaminsky and McCullough (hypothetically speaking).

At the end of the day, the difference between late lottery and being taken around 20ish really isn't much.

BRUNO CABOCLO.

H
BRUNO CABOCLO.
According to Fran Franscilla he is two years away from being two years away from contributing. That is the NBA draft to a tee.

Would anyone here trade Fr. year Grant for Fr. year McCollough?

Wait. I thought you had to stay in college to get stronger...
We are selfish as fans. Of course I want players to stay, but whenever their is NBA money I never blame anybody for leaving early.

Would anyone here trade Fr. year Grant for Fr. year McCollough?

Wait. I thought you had to stay in college to get stronger...

In the 11 games he's played he's averaging under 3 points for the worst team maybe ever.

Not exactly Karl Malone.

BRUNO CABOCLO.

Yeah, he's a great example of how it only takes one team lol. Wasn't a lottery pick (went 20th), but yeah... that was an interesting choice. It's a shame Toronto doesn't have a D-League team at the moment.

In the 11 games he's played he's averaging under 3 points for the worst team maybe ever.

Not exactly Karl Malone.
Since when have rookies outside of the elite players entering the league been great as rookies in the NBA? Jerami Grant's body is being sculpted into an NBA player and his NBA coach already sees a Kawhi Leonard potential in Jerami Grant. Leonard's rookie year he only averaged 7.9 ppg in 64 games.

Grant is going to be developed WAY MORE with Brent Brown than playing 2-3 zone and getting yelled at for not driving the ball and taking jump shots while not getting paid in Syracuse.

Sorry Grant is fine even if isn't the 2nd all time leading scorer in NBA history as a rookie.

Since when have rookies outside of the elite players entering the league been great as rookies in the NBA? Jerami Grant's body is being sculpted into an NBA player and his NBA coach already sees a Kawhi Leonard potential in Jerami Grant. Leonard's rookie year he only averaged 7.9 ppg in 64 games.

Grant is going to be developed WAY MORE with Brent Brown than playing 2-3 zone and getting yelled at for not driving the ball and taking jump shots while not getting paid in Syracuse.

Sorry Grant is fine even if isn't the 2nd all time leading scorer in NBA history as a rookie.

Grant got drafted by a tanking organization in the 2nd round - for that he is fortunate. If he was an 18 and 8 guy at Cuse this season it's a first round lock and probably in a nice spot.

TeamLgSalary
2003-04Detroit PistonsNBA$3,595,800
2004-05Detroit PistonsNBA$3,865,440
2005-06Detroit PistonsNBA$4,135,200
2006-07Orlando MagicNBA$5,218,622
2007-08Memphis GrizzliesNBA$6,500,000
2008-09Memphis GrizzliesNBA$7,020,000
2009-10Minnesota TimberwolvesNBA$7,500,000
2010-11Minnesota TimberwolvesNBA$4,325,000
2011-12Minnesota TimberwolvesNBA$4,776,500
2012-13Minnesota TimberwolvesNBA$5,228,000
2012-13Boston CelticsNBA$159,080
Career(may be incomplete)$52,323,642
I believe the phrase you're looking for is "nice work if you can get it."

So Chris is having a rough stretch...every player has them...agreed? Last night was not his finest moment but he is a young man who is still learning the game...he just wrapped up final exams in his very first semester as a college student....maybe he is having girl problems or family problems back home. I am not trying to make excuses but there are SO many factors that contribute to playing well that I think we sometimes take for granted how hard it really is to play at the highest level game in and game out....Chris will be fine and before long we'll forget about this stretch.

Now, is he a lottery pick? Who knows...to much can happen between now and the draft...but it is hard to imagine him falling out of the 1st round and that will likely be enough motivation for him to leave.

I wonder if there is a relationship between JB's comments that Chris isn't a lottery pick and Kentucky offering Bryant around the same time.

We are selfish as fans. Of course I want players to stay, but whenever their is NBA money I never blame anybody for leaving early.

And also look at the pic of Grant that you posted earlier. It may be easier to physically develop at the next level.

It comes down to the maturity to work on your game, and to learn how to properly develop your game without playing time.

I wonder if there is a relationship between JB's comments that Chris isn't a lottery pick and Kentucky offering Bryant around the same time.

I brought this point up before, I was trashed over and over for it, I mean according what I hear it would be incredibly stupid for Bryant to go to Kentucky as there isn't one reason why he shouldn't come here...

How's Adreian Payne doing?
4 year player that was picked in the lottery (or right outside, can't remember)
I assume he's dominating the league, no?

Averaging 12 and 7 in 6 games so far.... wait for it... In the D-League

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom