Who's going to Fan Fest August 15th? | Syracusefan.com

Who's going to Fan Fest August 15th?

I love going to these things because they are very intimate. Since I moved to the area from TN, I have caught almost every spring and summer fanfest. For those diehards in the area or within a driving radius, I highly recommend going. You would be surprised the people and things you can pick up in the stands.

I have taken many low-socioeconomic kids to these and they have met and got autographs, gear, pictures, etc... from football players, coaches, basketball players, Syracuse staff outside of the gear my sappy heart always ends up buying them (To self; " It is just not an experience unless they have hat, shirt, gloves... $$$$ :):(:):(:D).

I have always ran into parents, people close to the program, and spoken to coaches who were very kind, gracious, and willing to share things off the record. It is an amazing even for the kids as the players (including many bball players) and coaches go out of their way to make the event special for kids.

I have not met many on the board although I think of contingent of the SUFAN animal house was sitting in front of me at the spring practice. Maybe we should do something like...
upload_2015-7-12_12-22-35.jpeg

to distinguish ourselves. Or better yet...
382220214.jpg

Or maybe just like sticky name tags with Syracusefan.com, screen name, and real name on it.

In the future, if and admin wants to set up a donation system, I would be willing to pitch a few bucks in for some custom made ones that had a
Syracusefan.com at the top
screen name:
name:
With some cool kind of Syracuse art in the background. Maybe Brokowski will allow us to use one of his images and we can agree to pick up a name tag at an assigned area.

Last edited:
Trying to convince the wife to go again with the boys. Problem is she gets stuck with them while I was studiously ... Bribing with ice cream or wine might be the ticket however ;)

My boys love going - very easy going. Got to meet some of the women's vball and men's soccer team. They were leading some activities.

Bounce house and free popcorn helped too.

I love going to these things because they are very intimate. Since I moved to the area from TN, I have caught almost every spring and summer fanfest. For those diehards in the area or within a driving radius, I highly recommend going. You would be surprised the people and things you can pick up in the stands.

I have taken many low-socioeconomic kids to these and they have met and got autographs, gear, pictures, etc... from football players, coaches, basketball players, Syracuse staff outside of the gear my sappy heart always ends up buying them (To self; " It is just not an experience unless they have hat, shirt, gloves... $$$$ :):(:):(:D).

I have always ran into parents, people close to the program, and spoken to coaches who were very kind, gracious, and willing to share things off the record. It is an amazing even for the kids as the players (including many bball players) and coaches go out of their way to make the event special for kids.

I have not met many on the board although I think of contingent of the SUFAN animal house was sitting in front of me at the spring practice. Maybe we should do something like...
View attachment 47400
to distinguish ourselves. Or better yet...
382220214.jpg

Or maybe just like sticky name tags with Syracusefan.com, screen name, and real name on it.

In the future, if and admin wants to set up a donation system, I would be willing to pitch a few bucks in for some costume made ones that had a
Syracusefan.com at the top
screen name:
name:
With some cool kind of Syracuse art in the background. Maybe Brokowski will allow us to use one of his images and we can agree to pick up a name tag at an assigned area.

How could we possibly compete with that!!!

My family and I will be in the area around that time, and hope to make it over from the Mohawk valley. Was really hoping to make it to the Drum scrimmage again, but the late start of the season has probably put a kibosh on that one this year.

Would love to be there, but I'll be at a wedding that day.

My family and I will be in the area around that time, and hope to make it over from the Mohawk valley. Was really hoping to make it to the Drum scrimmage again, but the late start of the season has probably put a kibosh on that one this year.

Si, I expect it is 6 days later than last year.

Sounds good to me !

Don't get me started! Lots of places to meet within a short drive to the soccer and football scrimmages... Especially if the wives are driving! ;)

I will finally being making that drive from Tampa to Syracuse one last time this Friday to start my new job (Industrial and Physical Security out at Rome labs) on the 27th. I have been separated from the rest of my family since March 2014, this is a long time coming and I will so be there to take in Fan fest. Just wanted to give a quick shout out to TexanMark and CuseTroop for sending me links and any other information that they saw to try and assist in getting my butt back to Syracuse. I will finally make it home and will have my season tickets by the end of the month.

I will finally being making that drive from Tampa to Syracuse one last time this Friday to start my new job (Industrial and Physical Security out at Rome labs) on the 27th. I have been separated from the rest of my family since March 2014, this is a long time coming and I will so be there to take in Fan fest. Just wanted to give a quick shout out to TexanMark and CuseTroop for sending me links and any other information that they saw to try and assist in getting my butt back to Syracuse. I will finally make it home and will have my season tickets by the end of the month.
Is that the USAF Research Lab?

We are planning on attending for the first time and would like to see old friends and make new ones. Who's planning on attending?
I will be there.

The regulars from syracusefan.com always end up sitting/standing next to each other and I am sure we will do it again this year. Though it sounds like we might be doing it on the field with all the changes being made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom