Why isn't K taking heat | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Why isn't K taking heat

That damn Carmelo kept stopping the ball by throwing it in the bottom of the net.

Instead of making 9 three's on 60% shooting, he should have been "making his teammates play better". It's obviously Melo's fault that Durant played like he was point shaving.

These Cuse fans on the board who have a bug up their ass about Melo are weird.

Instead of making 9 three's on 60% shooting, he should have been "making his teammates play better". It's obviously Melo's fault that Durant played like he was point shaving.

These Cuse fans on the board who have a bug up their ass about Melo are weird.
You would think this board would be the last place you'd find people perpetuating unfounded myths and negativity about the man and his career.

"He's a great player, the leader on this team, and when we have a leader like that that's going to leave it all on the floor, no matter what possession is going on throughout the game. He just stayed resilient," USA teammate Kyrie Irving said of Anthony after the game. "He's our rock. He's gonna hold us down, and I expect him to do that."

Never said that, but you could take half of the guys off the team and put Cuse walkons in their place and win the gold.

Maybe so, but I didn't see KD and Klay dominate tonight like Melo.

Yeah, it was Melo's fault Durant and Klay were garbage.

I didn't know he was the point guard. I thought that's why they had Kyrie.

An SU fan trying to blame the SU player that had 31 and 8 for the other star players poor play...it's just mindboggling to try to figure where the logic is in that.

Worst post of all time contender.

if-team-usa-doesnt-win-gold-nba-memes-kevin-durant-3255298.png

Yeah, it was Melo's fault Durant and Klay were garbage.

I didn't know he was the point guard. I thought that's why they had Kyrie.

I'm not placing the blame on Melo at all. What I'm saying is that his playing style clashes with other players. Melo played very well.

I'm not placing the blame on Melo at all. What I'm saying is that his playing style clashes with other players. Melo played very well.

......how isn't that "blaming" him again? There's nothing wrong with Melo's playing style IMO.(he led his team in assists last year, by the way) It's like everyone has forgotten that his teams made the playoffs for 10 straight years. He was a huge part of 2 gold medals already. When he's got something to play with, everything is fine.

The Aussies played tough and guys missed shots. It happens. Had nothing to do with the SF/PF that was filling it up. If KD makes shots, they win by 20.

...how isn't that "blaming" him again? There's nothing wrong with Melo's playing style IMO.(he led his team in assists last year, by the way) It's like everyone has forgotten that his teams made the playoffs for 10 straight years. He was a huge part of 2 gold medals already. When he's got something to play with, everything is fine.

The Aussies played tough and guys missed shots. It happens. Had nothing to do with the SF/PF that was filling it up. If KD makes shots, they win by 20.

Melo is a great international player, obviously in addition to being a great player period, its a different style of ball, it might be taking the other players some time to get used to.

Melo is a great international player, obviously in addition to being a great player period, its a different style of ball, it might be taking the other players some time to get used to.

I see it like this...in the NBA he's got weak talent around him(the last few years...it was mostly adequate but not great before that) and a tough defender on him every night, as everyone loads up to try to stop Melo when they play the Knicks. The going is a lot tougher. His offensive skill is so high that sometimes it doesn't matter...for example when he gave Michael Kidd Gilchrist(an excellent young defender) 62 points a couple years ago. When he had Iverson, he averaged 26-28 PPG on a very good shooting % both years. When the Knicks won 54 games a few years ago, he averaged 29 PPG and led the NBA in scoring. When he doesn't have that help it is a little tougher.

In Olympic ball, most of these teams don't have anyone to match up with him (there's no Paul George's on these other teams) and even if they did they can't really key on Melo the way NBA teams do anyway, as there's too many other great players on the court.

I see it like this...in the NBA he's got weak talent around him(the last few years...it was mostly adequate but not great before that) and a tough defender on him every night, as everyone loads up to try to stop Melo when they play the Knicks. The going is a lot tougher. His offensive skill is so high that sometimes it doesn't matter...for example when he gave Michael Kidd Gilchrist(an excellent young defender) 62 points a couple years ago. When he had Iverson, he averaged 26-28 PPG on a very good shooting % both years. When the Knicks won 54 games a few years ago, he averaged 29 PPG and led the NBA in scoring. When he doesn't have that help it is a little tougher.

In Olympic ball, most of these teams don't have anyone to match up with him (there's no Paul George's on these other teams) and even if they did they can't really key on Melo the way NBA teams do anyway, as there's too many other great players on the court.

These guys aren't used to playing each other, a couple months of practice isn't going to help that much, not like its going to matter, they will win a Gold Medal anyway.

These guys aren't used to playing each other, a couple months of practice isn't going to help that much, not like its going to matter, they will win a Gold Medal anyway.

Yeah, and guys like Lebron, Paul, Curry, Leonard, Davis, and Westbrook are not there. If you put CP3 and Curry as the starting backcourt, that's a big difference.

Still plenty of talent and I think they will win it, but those 6 I named above are all top 10 players.

For making KD captain of the Olympic team? Melo is the obvious leader of this team. Leads the huddles etc. Clearly the guy everyone looks up to on this team. His 4th olympics, most ever. Yet the "can do no wrong" Cosch K makes a guy captain whose leadership qualities are often in question? For a guy who seems to take pride in this stuff, he dropped the ball here. Not sure why this hasn't been discussed...

Taking heat? What.

I can't help but add a comment about this...so many NBA fans(including all NBA voters) have guys like George, Thompson, and Green(lol) ahead of Melo in the NBA pecking order now. The more ridiculous ones even might throw a Derozan(bigger lol) above him.

I'll understand a George argument. I'll disagree but I'll understand. He's a heck of a defender and while he's got fewer ways to burn you on offense he is still awfully tough when his jumpers are falling.

But Klay and Green? They're good players, but cmon. Systems/teammates make such a difference.

Melo is basically playing a glorified shooter role on the offense. At least he was in 2012. He had 10 assists in 8 games. I think what this goes to show is the guy can be an absolutely lethal shooter when he's in catch and shoot situations.

I can't help but add a comment about this...so many NBA fans(including all NBA voters) have guys like George, Thompson, and Green(lol) ahead of Melo in the NBA pecking order now. The more ridiculous ones even might throw a Derozan(bigger lol) above him.

I'll understand a George argument. I'll disagree but I'll understand. He's a heck of a defender and while he's got fewer ways to burn you on offense he is still awfully tough when his jumpers are falling.

But Klay and Green? They're good players, but cmon. Systems/teammates make such a difference.

I still think Klay and Dray are defensible, to be honest. Melo lighting up Australia doesn't really change my opinion of him. Klay Thompson in Game 6 of the West Finals had one of the all time performances you'll ever see. Melo shoots 9-12 from 3 or whatever it was against Australia, people go nuts, Klay goes 11-18 on some ridiculous 3's in a do or die game against an elite NBA team.

Though Green's behavioral issues might make me take him down a peg.

Edit: Checking out the game logs, in Game 6 and 7 combined against Okc, Klay had 0 assists. 0!

Melo is basically playing a glorified shooter role on the offense. At least he was in 2012. He had 10 assists in 8 games. I think what this goes to show is the guy can be an absolutely lethal shooter when he's in catch and shoot situations.

I still think Klay and Dray are defensible, to be honest. Melo lighting up Australia doesn't really change my opinion of him. Klay Thompson in Game 6 of the West Finals had one of the all time performances you'll ever see.

Though Green's behavioral issues might make me take him down a peg.

Klay is a great shooter. But man...imagine the looks Melo would get on that team, in that system. Melo isn't as good of a shooter from deep, but he has more ways to hurt the opponent.

Green is a very good and versatile guy. But if you put him on the Sixers, I think he's looked at a lot differently. That GS team was so well constructed the past few years in terms of their system, coaching, talent, and how it all fit together. He was a big part of that and he helps make it go...but at the same time, others make him look better too. That's the beauty of basketball, when it all clicks.

Klay is a great shooter. But man...imagine the looks Melo would get on that team, in that system. Melo isn't as good of a shooter from deep, but he has more ways to hurt the opponent.

Green is a very good and versatile guy. But if you put him on the Sixers, I think he's looked at a lot differently. That GS team was so well constructed the past few years in terms of their system, coaching, talent, and how it all fit together. He was a big part of that and he helps make it go...but at the same time, others make him look better too. That's the beauty of basketball, when it all clicks.

I agree, Melo would get some great looks in that system. He wouldn't shoot it like Klay, and that's all I'm saying. Also Melo on that team would want the ball in his hands more than Klay does and wouldn't get as many spot up looks.

Dray is part a system guy, but he's also a big part of the reason Gstate can play the system they play. (I think he's the second biggest reason, after Steph. And he's the biggest reason they could play the death lineup)

I'm just saying those guys are defensible picks over Melo. Melo brings things to the table Green doesnt, and vice versa. If you make everyone roughly the same age, I don't think the Warriors trade either Klay or Green for Melo (maybe Klay) and the Knicks prob wouldn't trade Melo for either one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom