Why Syracuse Will Win | Syracusefan.com

Why Syracuse Will Win

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Because we are Syracuse and they are Colgate and we haven’t lost to Colgate since 1950. The last nine games have gone like this: 61-7, 34-6, 47-0, 71-0, 46-6, 51-8, 47-24, 49-15, 42-7, the last being the game in which Nate Eachus ran for 147 yards in 35 carries.

- Dino Babers has been pointing out that his 2014 FCS team at Eastern Illinois upset FBS San Diego State in their opening game – and they did it resoundingly, 40-18 on the road. The thing is, Dino Babers wasn’t coaching San Diego State. He was coaching Eastern Illinois. And now he’s coaching Syracuse. That EIU team scored 675 points that year in 14 games, which is 48 points a game. Now he’s at Syracuse and, while we are rebuilding, I suspect that Dino has more talent to work with here than he has ever had before. “But so will his opposition” – except an FCS team like Colgate.

- We are thin in some areas but not in playmakers. Dontae Strickland and Jordan Fredericks. Steve Ismael and Amba Etto-Tawa, (let’s call him AET – maybe Colgate will lose track of where he is while they try and pronounce his name). Brisley Estime and Erv Phillips. There are going to be some plays where the ball is still at midfield but you know we are going to wind up in the end zone.

- Those same guys will be returning kicks. They could potentially break a big one in any game.

- People keep telling me not to worry about the defensive line. We’ve got some good starters there but not much depth. I don’t think the depth will matter in the first game vs. Colgate.

- I’m also being told that the grind-it-out teams that could give us trouble are also going to be the teams most likely to get in trouble against us because if we can score quickly, they won’t be able to keep up.

- All that conditioning should produce a quicker team than we’ve seen, one that closes on plays faster. And the “umbrella defense”, (that’s what they used to call it back in the day), will keep plays in front of us so we can close on them. It’s hard for college teams to run 10-12 plays in a row without making a mistake but that’s what it will take to beat the Syracuse defense.

- That conditioning could make us like 11 energizer bunnies going up against 11 bunnies for the other team that, by the fourth quarter are s…l...o…w…i…n…g down.

- Anyway I’m tired of talking about it. Let’s play some football!

0-0 with 12+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!!

"- Dino Babers has been pointing out that his 2014 FCS team at Eastern Illinois upset FBS San Diego State in their opening game – and they did it resoundingly, 40-18 on the road."

Picking up information like this is why I love this board. Not that I was worried about Colgate, but I understand better why people are really excited about this season.

Were you an actuary or a CPA?

Claims representative at Social Security.

The reason why your neighbor gets more than you is that we like him more than we like you.

Claims representative at Social Security.

The reason why your neighbor gets more than you is that we like him more than we like you.
You mean it isn't because I donated to the Tea Party in 2012?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom