Why Syracuse Will Win | Syracusefan.com

Why Syracuse Will Win

SWC75

Bored Historian
- USF’s nine wins in 11 games have come against a 4-8 Syracuse team, a 6-7 Connecticut team, a2-10 SMU team, a 5-7 East Carolina team, a 10-4 Temple team, a 7-6 Cincinnati team, an 0-12 UCF team, (what the heck happened to them?), and this year, Towson and Northern Illinois. If they are world-beaters, they haven’t proven it yet. Heck, Louisville has beaten Charlotte and us. We’ve beaten Colgate. Nobody knows nuttin’ yet.

- South Florida isn’t Louisville. They’ve just looked like it against inferior opposition. We’ll see the difference on Saturday.

- That Louisville game had three parts to it: 0-21, 28-21 and 0-20. That 28-21 part is the real Syracuse team. We were shell-shocked in those first four minutes and that isn’t going to happen again. Frankly, we quit, at least on defense) in that fourth quarter. We’ve got to play a whole game like the 28-21 part and this week, we are going to do it.

- We could have scored a lot more than 28 points without Bobby Petrino’s shenanigans and if Willie Taggart isn’t going to do the same thing, we should get up into the 30’s and 40’s and at least stay in this game.

- We are going to figure out a way to run the ball.

- We are going to get a turnover that matters.

- We are also going to get a kick return that matters.

- Cole Murphy will take care of the rest.

- Syracuse is just beginning the transition to a new offense and anew defense. We’re going to get better every week and we are going to use more and more of the offensive and defensive playbook. Ismael and Estime will be getting the ball as much as Etta-Tawo and Phillips and the defense will have to cover all four of them. Then we’ll be able to run the ball and get Strickland and Fredericks into the secondary. We may have to blitz to help out the secondary. If so we will do it, (we started doing it last week). You’ve just seen what will be our worst two offensive games and our worst defensive game of the year. We haven't revealed all we are going to be capable of. We are like a stripper who’s just taken off her gloves so far. You ain’t seen nuttin’ yet.

1-1 with 10+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!!

Last edited:
wish the oline would wake up. a decent running game would do wonders for the team

wish the oline would wake up. a decent running game would do wonders for the team
One or two "projects" in a unit is ok, our Oline is made up of a bunch of "projects..."

Edit: Projects and young'ns

To be fair it really was

First 26:30 35-7
Middle 11:40 7-21
Last 21:50 20-0

Mack is legit so he is a concern. But Flowers is not Jackson running the ball or throwing it. That will help a lot. If we can limit the big plays and cause some TOs, we will have a chance. Plus they don't have the Louisville D. We should be able to score on them. We never were able to recover from the early barrage from Louisville. They weren't ever under pressure to perform. If we keep it close USF might falter.

To be fair it really was

First 26:30 35-7
Middle 11:40 7-21
Last 21:50 20-0

Mack is legit so he is a concern. But Flowers is not Jackson running the ball or throwing it. That will help a lot. If we can limit the big plays and cause some TOs, we will have a chance. Plus they don't have the Louisville D. We should be able to score on them. We never were able to recover from the early barrage from Louisville. They weren't ever under pressure to perform. If we keep it close USF might falter.
I agree on Flowers arm, however, Jackson was throwing bombs to guys that had no defender within 10 yards. I don't care if it's Charlie Loeb back there, if our DB's aren't covering the receiver, it's a completion 9 out of 10 times to whoever is chuckin' it.

I agree on Flowers arm, however, Jackson was throwing bombs to guys that had no defender within 10 yards. I don't care if it's Charlie Loeb back there, if our DB's aren't covering the receiver, it's a completion 9 out of 10 times to whoever is chuckin' it.
Totally agree... Because you know, Jackson needed every ounce of his talent/skill to do what he did to our defense...:rolleyes:

If I remember correctly, which I probably don't, didn't they run outside pretty often last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom