Why Syracuse will win | Syracusefan.com

Why Syracuse will win

SWC75

Bored Historian
- From Louisville writer Keith Wynne on Nunes: “One of the biggest issues with this team is the inconsistency on offense. Louisville is putting up a ton of yardage and that masks the fact that they're not scoring a whole lot of points off of that yardage. They're really terrible in the red zone and it's been that way for a few years. They've turned the ball over at least once in every game”

- Also: “Louisville also hasn't developed players very well under Petrino. It's extremely obvious on defense with freshmen playing at linebacker and all over the secondary…Louisville has had issues with power backs this year, but they're not a very fast defense and I think that a speed back could cause some serious issues for them. I'm also keeping my eye on Moe Neal. I know that he's the second running back, but he is also much more likely to turn a small seam into a big run. I've been wondering why he isn't utilized more for two years now and I still don't have an answer.”

- Also from Nunes: “The Cardinals’ offensive line has struggled all year, allowing 26 sacks.”

- Louisville’s pass defense is the second worst in the ACC, giving up 255 yards per game. Also from Nunes: “The Cardinals allow big passing plays pretty frequently, with 9.8 plays of 10 yards or more per game allowed through the air. By comparison, SU allows 9.2 -- though also faces more plays per game by way of its own up-tempo attack. Louisville has also a whopping 19 passes of 30 yards or more, which is one of the highest figures in the country.” (I assume they meant “has allowed”)

- We didn’t stop scoring against Wake Forest because they shut us down. We stopped scoring because we made mistakes that made our drives unproductive. With a game under their belts with Mahoney, maybe we can eliminate those mistakes.

- Let’s get back to stuffing the other team on 3rd down. We’re actually pretty good at that.

- We are due to get some turnovers. God, are we due!

- When your back is to the wall, you are going to be motivated.

- You don’t want to play a good team a week after they were humiliated- or a year after you humiliated them. We are a good team.

- This team has surprised us all season, (good and bad). It’s time for good.

4-6 with 2+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom