Why Syracuse Will Win | Syracusefan.com

Why Syracuse Will Win

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Campus Insiders: “The way Louisville is sputtering on offense, emerging QB Eric Dungey alone might be able to outscore the Cards. Louisville has not scored more than 21 points in any of its last five games with FBS opponents. The running game lacks consistency and rookie QB Lamar Jackson is still making too many mistakes through the air. The Cards barely escaped Wake Forest last week, 20-19, producing just one touchdown and two field goals in five red-zone trips.”

- And the talent of our receiver sis just fine, thank you. Steve Ismael is finally our go-to guy. Brisley Estime and Erv Phillips can motor if they can get the ball. And Dontae Srtickland is a threat on those screen passes, especially against a hard rushing defense.

- I still think Jordan Fredericks is our best runner but George Morris is quietly silencing the doubters. Both are averaging 5.4 yards per carry and are capable fo keeping the Cardinal defense honest.

- They are having the offensive line problems we had last year. Their terrific defense has sacked the quarterback 24 times but their horrible offensive line has allowed 33 sacks. Bring the house, Chuck!

- Coach Shafer said the biggest reason we are ranked 115th in the country in offense with all the playmakers we now have is the inability of our defense to get off the field. The Cardinals, with all their offensive problems, are the perfect anecdote to this. We’ll get more plays and have a chance to get more yards and more points.

- I wish we had Parris Bennett but I want to see more of Jonathan Thomas don’t you? He came on the field at Florida State and made an immediate impact.

- Syracuse is tied for 4th in the country in punt returns and has its most defensive touchdowns since 1997. How about one of each?

- If Greg Robinson could win there, Scott Shafer can win there.

3-5 with 4 or 5 more…..

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

Last edited:
The point about Greggers is the most convincing ... I'll be glued to the set, as usual, convinced we will win. Go Orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom