Why the NFL is "in trouble" ... | Syracusefan.com

Why the NFL is "in trouble" ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
Damien Woody gives two main reasons. The first, that the size, strength and speed of the players has exceeded the size of the playing field leading to too many injuries is something I've been saying for years. He didn't mention that it allows defenses - who seem to get most of the best athletes - to dominate, but I'm saying it. However the second comment on the CBA is quite interesting. He says it's also because the CBA has restricted practice time to the point where the skill level has dropped off and "the product is watered down."

Woody says the NFL is in trouble - ESPN Video

It's not just one thing. It's many things finally catching up to them.

Both of what Woody says are true. As well as the nonstop commercial parade, inconsistent and "seemingly" biased officiating and the younger generations/shifting demographics gravitating more to basketball and soccer due to injuries and pace of play.

Canadian field.

Boo Yah!

giphy.gif

Canadian field.
A full Canadian field probably wouldn't fit into most of the present stadiums without removing seats. {Insert "agha$t expre$$ion" emoji here.} TBH, I really don't care what they do because I can't begin to tell you when was the last time I watched a non-Super Bowl NFL game from beginning to end. "I don't have a need for the point spreads." I neither know nor want to learn how any "fantasy" sport {cough IT'S GAMBLING! cough} works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom