Why wasn't Jim at the draft? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why wasn't Jim at the draft?

I just want to apologize for taking almost 16 hours before reading and liking your post.

Fixed it for you, though, free of charge of course. Should have never read as a question but rather as a statement.

Next time please be more confident in your disparaging (yet accurate) words re: Pay Pal Cal.
Sometimes I'm just too damn nice for my own good.

did you see how dumb izzo looked when he was running around making calls or whatever when that one kid fell from the lottery to the second round? that's why college coaches shouldn't be at the draft. is he a agent, or a former coach? izzo looked like the biggest tool I have ever seen. calipari was basically as bad with labiessiere

did you see how dumb izzo looked when he was running around making calls or whatever when that one kid fell from the lottery to the second round? that's why college coaches shouldn't be at the draft. is he a agent, or a former coach? izzo looked like the biggest tool I have ever seen. calipari was basically as bad with labiessiere

We might think they looked "dumb," but i wonder how it plays with recruits and their parents. Seeing a potential coach going as far as they can, pride-be-damned, advocating and pushing for their kids.

We might think they looked "dumb," but i wonder how it plays with recruits and their parents. Seeing a potential coach going as far as they can, pride-be-damned, advocating and pushing for their kids.

The same can be done without ESPN's cameras rolling. That would make it genuine without argument. I'm sure, as coaches, they care. But at the end of the day it passed as a commercial for their program and nothing more. Any parent should be able to see through that guise.

The same can be done without ESPN's cameras rolling. That would make it genuine without argument. I'm sure, as coaches, they care. But at the end of the day it passed as a commercial for their program and nothing more. Any parent should be able to see through that guise.

Not sure what you're suggesting. That the coaches should have been there, doing this 'good thing,' but they should have stopped, frozen like mannequins, whenever one of ESPN's 10 cameras were near? So that they intentionally avoid being seen doing this 'good thing?' If you're allowing that it can be done as a "genuine" gesture, then why does it have to be 'anonymous?' If you make a donation to a worthy cause, and put your name on it, does it invalidate the gesture? Certainly an anonymous donation is a more honorable move, but doing good for a reward is still good being done.

Don't get me wrong — i'm no fan of Calipari. But, the sum total of his efforts contribute to his recruiting results. Standing by, claiming 'dignity' and all that gets you nowhere in this TMZ era. I'm not even saying i wanted JB there. But, maybe if we want to play with the big boys in that arena, we need to recognize that they are redefining the arena.

Not sure what you're suggesting.

I'm suggesting that they stay home. They can make whatever 11th hour phone calls from their couch.

My take on their presence at the draft is rather cynical.

I'm suggesting that they stay home. They can make whatever 11th hour phone calls from their couch.

My take on their presence at the draft is rather cynical.

I agree. I'm not sure what them being there did. I like that JB did not go. CBB is too important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom