Wichita 47 - Northern Iowa 47 (going to overtime) | Syracusefan.com

Wichita 47 - Northern Iowa 47 (going to overtime)

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Likely reduces the at large pool by 1 if Wichita St loses.

Down 3 , 30 secs. Greg Marshall shouldve cashed in when he had all the buzz unless he just really likes living in Wichita :noidea:

Andddd they lose., just checked their schedule and their two top wins are home vs Utah and Unlv. This makes the a surefire lock smh? Bet theyd be under 500 in ACC

Andddd they lose., just checked their schedule and their two top wins are home vs Utah and Unlv. This makes the a surefire lock smh? Bet theyd be under 500 in ACC

I don't think they are a lock, but my perspective on these lower tier mid-majors (not the A-10 and AAC's) is that eye test becomes a big part of it whatever that means (rep, injuries early in the year, KP rating).. I would prefer if they had just won the tourney.

But no doubt this is a resume that can be debated at length,

Palm seems to think they have no chance at an at large with only one win against RPI top 75. Hope he's right.

they are colder than a witches' ta-ta...

possible origin : In the age of sail, on the cannon deck of a warship, next to each cannon, cannonballs were piled up at the ready, in a pyramid, which the sailors called a witches tit. It was built on a brass plate with holes cut in to hold the cannonballs from rolling off as the ship listed, rolled and pitched. The sailors called the plate a brass bra. Because brass expands and contracts with temperature at a greater rate than iron, rare extreme cold on the cannon deck would cause the brass plate to shrink to the point that the cannonballs would be released from the pyramid and roll over the deck. “Colder than a witche’s tit in a brass bra” is a saying that evolved from that phenomenon.

wichita state is not getting in.

Let's hope your right. The traditional metrics are really hard to apply to them and I suspect the lower mid major (which MVC has fell int0) has to be eye testy -- and they have eye test material (Injuries early in the year, Power Rating (i.e can state they have been very dominant).)

To me it's a mystery -- I am not going to fight for them as deserving to get in, I just think its more likely than not that they get in.

Palm seems to think they have no chance at an at large with only one win against RPI top 75. Hope he's right.

Interesting to see Palm -- I want to see what the matrix has. At least half the matrix contributors seem to know their stuff and are respectable, so the consensus that forms tomorrow will be interesting. There will definetely be some split even amongst people who know what they are doing.

The matrix has 28 new brackets this morning:

-- 22 have Wichita St in
- 6 have then out (including Palm)

So it's not a lock in the bracket community (that sounds sad),

I suspect they will get in, but I can't really justify it with metrics either. It will be eye testy stuff, rep, early season injuries, a little peeksy at Power Rankings and not saying so.

Northern Iowa is in full meltdown mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom