Wichita St. | Syracusefan.com

Wichita St.

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
Looked really good against Vandy. Vandy averages 77 ppg and scored 50.

Amazing the advantage that having a top flight point guard is in college basketball.

Quade Green, come on down.

really good, but not so good that you leave after one or two years.

They are 29 in KenPom. Vanderbilt IS good offensively. 40 in KenPom Adj O. They aren't some patsy, lol. I agree they didn't play well especially Jones but WSU deserves some credit.

I cant believe vandy has three 7 foot guys in their rotation. How are they not a dominant college team? Nba teams dont even have three 7 footers

Vandy shouldn't have been in tourney and this proves it.

Interesting...but if we come out flat against Dayton that won't invalidate our selection for reasons that are I'm assuming completely nonhomerish.

I cant believe vandy has three 7 foot guys in their rotation. How are they not a dominant college team? Nba teams dont even have three 7 footers

It really comes down to Stallings being overrated I think. Those big guys are the more plodding type too. At least that is what my brother says who works at Vandy and goes to games. They aren't as good as Purdue's bigs either. Vandy guards get sloppy with the ball too.

SoBeCuse said:
It really comes down to Stallings being overrated I think. Those big guys are the more plodding type too. At least that is what my brother says who works at Vandy and goes to games. They aren't as good as Purdue's bigs either. Vandy guards get sloppy with the ball too.

Yea they certainly werent highly skilled 7 footers. But youd think they could dominate college teams just by blocking shots and getting rebounds.

Looked really good against Vandy. Vandy averages 77 ppg and scored 50.
The first half was horrible offensively for both teams. I couldn't tell if it was poor offense or great defense. Jones of Vandy was horrible. 1-7 on free throws, at least 2 of which were 1-and-1s. VanVleet definitely has quick hands. WSU had 5 steals and 2 blocks and forced 12 turnovers. Good, but not great, defensive stats. I've seen that quite a few of the "experts" on television are picking WSU over Arizona. Seems like people think the Pac-12 is a sham.

Yeah, Vandy stinks and didn't belong near the Tourney. And I don't recall hearing a peep about them since all the hate was directed ours and Tulsa's way.

Wichita passes the eye test, but they deserved to be playing in that game. They did next to nothing all season. Tough break for Arizona, though.

Yeah, Vandy stinks and didn't belong near the Tourney. And I don't recall hearing a peep about them since all the hate was directed ours and Tulsa's way.

Wichita passes the eye test, but they deserved to be playing in that game. They did next to nothing all season. Tough break for Arizona, though.

If you put stock into KenPom, Wichita St. is ranked 9th and Vandy 29th. Vandy doesn't stink but they certainly underacheived this year.

SEC is down to 2... aTm and UK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom