Wideouts | Syracusefan.com

Wideouts

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
I was genuinely surprised by how much bigger, longer and faster Louisville was across the board last night. The 6' 5" 245 pound Cardinal safety - safety - gave me a lot of pause. Wow.

Perhaps because of last year's Clemson and LSU efforts I figured that the talent gap had been closed a bit more than it apparently has. That, or, Louisville is a truly great, top five or top ten team. We shall see I guess.

But what really caught my attention last night was the inability of our wideouts to get off the line of scrimmage when Dungey was trying to throw pump and go routes down the sideline. Every time he tried to make the throw, there was nobody there and he had to take the coverage sack.

And that happened at key moments when we were trying to make it a one TD game.

I was genuinely surprised by how much bigger, longer and faster Louisville was across the board last night. The 6' 5" 245 pound Cardinal safety - safety - gave me a lot of pause. Wow.

Perhaps because of last year's Clemson and LSU efforts I figured that the talent gap had been closed a bit more than it apparently has. That, or, Louisville is a truly great, top five or top ten team. We shall see I guess.

But what really caught my attention last night was the inability of our wideouts to get off the line of scrimmage when Dungey was trying to throw pump and go routes down the sideline. Every time he tried to make the throw, there was nobody there and he had to take the coverage sack.

The safety who was ejected (11 I think) looked like an uncle tackling his nephew on one of Moe's run in the first half.

i know when we are in trouble from the lookalike threads. i spent a little time going through their roster looking for goofy bastards and I saw a lot of scary looking badasses.

The entire Louisville team made us look like a JV team playing the varsity. They were faster at every position. We looked slow. What saved us at times was our conditioning is better than theirs, but their speed left us in the dust the entire evening. If they didn't drop so many balls they would have put 80 on us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom