Wiggins drama | Syracusefan.com

Wiggins drama

T

tee1222

Starting to think he is going to Kenturkey.
This started off with him being some quiet, humble kid. Seems to me, if he was really like that, he would have gotten it over with to avoid the pressure that most of these kids feel.

But even with the media asking him the same questions over and over, he still milks it.
Don't believe me? Listen to what he says when asked if he were to go to Kenturkey.
Does he seem humble in this interview? I can't tell if he's genuine or not.
http://www.themarsreel.com/andrew-wiggins-if-i-went-to-kentucky-wed-win-it-all-for-sure/

It's all a ruse created by ESPN, but that's my opinion.

You might not agree with me and that's ok, but I would love to hear people's opinions. As for me, I would not watch a minute of any UK game. Would really fight with watching a game if we were to play them, and I can't remember the last time I missed an entire Cuse game.

What is it, 8 recruits and counting? They get rid of guys to pave way for this class too. So convenient, really. According to their lover's rankings from 1 to 11, they have 3, 5, 6, 7 and 11 (and throw in 18) without him? That has never even remotely happened. If you don't think it's fishy, I have a lovely bridge in lower Manhattan for sale. Just one left and I have another buyer. Hurry!

To me, if he goes there, college basketball is nearly ruined, and NCAA is part of the problem. Who polices them anyway?

Seriously, what do you think? I just want to know if anyone else feels so strongly about it.

I hate Kentucky with a passion. I hate Calipari. I hate the so called "Big Blue Nation" whose contingency consists of nearly 3/4 hicks who are not affiliated with the school at all. I hate the media's love affair with them.

But I cannot say that their recruiting style has ruined the sport. Look at them this year, they were irrelevant. To me, the sport is being ruined by inconsistent officiating.

Also, as a Sracuse fan I don't think we should ever look down upon the one and done style of recruiting. Recruiting Carmelo was the best thing to ever happen to SU.

I hate Kentucky with a passion. I hate Calipari. I hate the so called "Big Blue Nation" whose contingency consists of nearly 3/4 hicks who are not affiliated with the school at all. I hate the media's love affair with them.

But I cannot say that their recruiting style has ruined the sport. Look at them this year, they were irrelevant. To me, the sport is being ruined by inconsistent officiating.

Also, as a Sracuse fan I don't think we should ever look down upon the one and done style of recruiting. Recruiting Carmelo was the best thing to ever happen to SU.
I do appreciate most of what you said. And I am so very glad that they stunk up the court too!
What I disagree with is the Carmelo part. He was 1 one and done. We had just 1.
http://statsheet.com/bhsb/recruiting_class/2002
Not 6 or maybe even 7 with Mr. Humble. ;)
Not to mention 2012's multiple one and dones.

why wouldn't we just assume they are cheating. Cal has left a trail of bodies everywhere he has been, why stop now that you are on the absolute top? if anything you have to cheat even more. this is the same guy who had someone take the sat for derrick rose so he could qualify. even so the ncaa is the problem. they pick and chose their fights. look at the extent they went to to hang Miami. We are in the same boat as Miami. Were going to end up hanging while a snake like Cal continues to cheat wherever he is. He has a known agent basically on the pay role recruiting for him.
Look at UNC got caught with their pant down with an academic scandal. They had them dead nuts and some how inexplicably they are let to slide by.
I don't even want to get going with SEC football. The NCAA is just plain scared of the receding from the union if they even seem like they are putting any pressure on them. Auburn football should have been shut down decades ago. They literally bought a BCS championship, and that's not even getting into the new reports that surfaced.
How about LSU allowing Tyronne Mathieu to fail 10 drug tests before finally sending him to rehab. Oh yea that's right the NFL executive just made that up, my bad.

The NCAA is a joke. They pick and chose who they flex their muscles with. Unfortunately we are going to be on the short end of the stick.

This started off with him being some quiet, humble kid. Seems to me, if he was really like that, he would have gotten it over with to avoid the pressure that most of these kids feel.

But even with the media asking him the same questions over and over, he still milks it.
Don't believe me? Listen to what he says when asked if he were to go to Kenturkey.
http://www.themarsreel.com/andrew-wiggins-if-i-went-to-kentucky-wed-win-it-all-for-sure/

You might not agree with me and that's ok, but I would love to hear people's opinions. As for me, I would not watch a minute of any UK game. Would really fight with watching a game if we were to play them, and I can't remember the last time I missed an entire Cuse game.

What is it, 8 recruits and counting? They get rid of guys to pave way for this class too. So convenient, really. According to their lover's rankings from 1 to 11, they have 3, 5, 6, 7 and 11 (and throw in 18) without him? That has never even remotely happened. If you don't think it's fishy, I have a lovely bridge in lower Manhattan for sale. Just one left and I have another buyer. Hurry!

To me, if he goes there, college basketball is nearly ruined, and NCAA is part of the problem. Who polices them anyway?

Seriously, what do you think? I just want to know if anyone else feels so strongly about it.
You already know what I think. It's total garbage and I don't want to waste the time thinking about it anymore.

One of the better theories out there is that Wiggins is waiting out the outcome of CJs decision before he announces. If so, you shouldn't be hatin' on the waitin'.
I love your theory and wish to subscribe to your newsletter!
Really wish you are right about this.

I've posted this before but it is more true now than ever. I have always thought that illegal recruiting was more of a myth than a reality for one reason: if one or two schools were truly cheating, you would see all the top kids going there. I don't mean that a school is a strong recruiting force that does very well with getting kids, I mean you'd see clear outliers. Schools that just poke out so far above the rest that it would be clear something was wrong. We had never seen that, even the fabled Fab 5 was only a "great" recruiting class, not something mythical like it has been portrayed in hindsight.

But now we have Kentucky. And it fits exactly the mold I am talking about. BBN would claim, and some might believe, hey this is Kentucky - a blue blood program that expects to and should get top level recruits. True, of course, but where were they for the past 15 years? UK has seen nothing like this ever and was frankly pulling middling talent for the 15 or so years prior to Cal getting there so it's not like there is just some magnetic draw the place has. Add to this that is corresponds with Cal getting there - a known cheat who has had two final fours vacated at different schools, the biggest sports agent in the western hemisphere hanging around the program, players like Anthony Davis bolting off the court at the final buzzer of the NC game to hug the CEO of Nike.

Its so obvious that it's beyond absurd. And it is going to get so much more horrible for us to watch when we lose players like McCullough due to NCAA sanctions, because that is coming for us. I am so sure of it, I truly believe the kid will never enroll at SU. To add insult to injury, UK will probably school him up when the NCAA throws the book at us.

I gave you a tee for all but the last paragraph, not that I don't think there is some substance to it. I just don't want it to happen.
If you're last paragraph ends up correct, I will not watch college basketball anymore. SU bball will always be my favorite sports team, but watching the charade would make me sick to my stomach. Maybe then someone will do something to bring back a great sport when there's only one "team" left in it and nobody wants to watch it anymore except Kenturkey's so-called fanbase.

Apologies to everyone on the board. I will not rant about this anymore. Well, at least not tonight.

I'd just like to weigh in tee, before you give up talking about this. Cuz as i've said before, i'm more of a cbb fan who happened to stumble on this site, than a cuse fan.

Andrew Wiggins: I think the guy has a strong idea where he wants to go to school, but he's in no rush to make the decision so he's going to take his time and enjoy all of the perks that come with the attention and anticipation. I think he is going to end up at Kentucky, unfortunately. Why wouldn't he go there? He's in the ballpark who would go straight from high school to the pros if he could, but he's forced to go to College for one year. So what is the only thing you can gain in that one year? The fun of winning. I blame the system.

I think the one and done system is awful, and it's been something that Calipari has been able to exploit to his advantage. I'm a Nova fan, and we just aren't good enough to attract one and done players. Everyone stays 3 years, except one. It's been frustrating losing out to coach Cal for Tyreke Evans (Philadelphia native and one and done) and Michael Kidd Gilchrist, because of the system. Like I said, you are dead set about fulfilling your one year requirement, where are you going to go? Where you think you can win!

Sidenote: was really disappointed when Roberson chose you guys over Nova. Hope he isn't a one year player!

I'm curious as to how the others on the team are going to handle this "dream team" Are we gonna see a Ricky Ledo situation, and is someone who barely plays, going to leave after one year (James Young or Marcus Lee). And what about Poythress and Cauley-Stein. What about Wiltjer! Kid would play major minutes anywhere else, and is going to have to give up his junior year.

im guessing wiggins is simply waiting until april 28 when he has a complete picture of what rosters will look like for whichever school he is considering.

question is, who is left to decide from the schools on his list? Don't think anyone noteworthy.

The Tark had the best take on the NCAA they get so mad at the big dogs cheating that they pound some other poor program into the dust and he's right. How is Cal even coaching when two programs he ran went to FF that didn't count. I don't care if he did anything wrong there are two shining examples of him running programs where cheating is allowed.

Edit: I bet UK couldn't wait to scoop him up and get back to their cheating ways, other than UCLA they probably have the best cheaters resume out there historically.

The Wiggins situation is pretty annoying to me at this point. He visited all of those schools on his final list already and still can't make up his mind as we head into late April smh. I keep hearing FSU and UNC as of late but like most here I keep feeling that Moneybags Cal and WWW will come thru in the clutch. I wish Tyler would do some last minute recruiting for us and get him to take a late visit to SU:).

Almost sounds like I should expect the death penalty for SU after reading this thread.

It would be nice to get him at SU but I just don't see it even if it makes great a ton of sense. Kid's only playing 1 season of college bball and could go to a school with a pass first PG who he is very familiar with and will also be on a team with basically only one returning established scorer (who may not even be there)
Playing time: check
PG to get him the ball: check
talented players around him: check
BCS big time bball conf: check

I feel like tee is correct in that this thing is really dragging out for a specific reason and I can only think of two:
1. Its UK and they are capitalizing on the medea build up.
2. Its FSU always has been and he's just enjoying the perks of the recruiting process.
I don't really see any way we fit into it the way things have been playing out. If there was even a bit of serious consideration from Wiggin's camp about SU then they would have explored those options because when you really look at it SU seems to be a good fit for both Wiggin's and SU for a one year stop and go before hitting the league.

It would be nice to get him at SU but I just don't see it even if it makes great a ton of sense. Kid's only playing 1 season of college bball and could go to a school with a pass first PG who he is very familiar with and will also be on a team with basically only one returning established scorer (who may not even be there)
Playing time: check
PG to get him the ball: check
talented players around him: check
BCS big time bball conf: check

I feel like tee is correct in that this thing is really dragging out for a specific reason and I can only think of two:
1. Its UK and they are capitalizing on the medea build up.
2. Its FSU always has been and he's just enjoying the perks of the recruiting process.
I don't really see any way we fit into it the way things have been playing out. If there was even a bit of serious consideration from Wiggin's camp about SU then they would have explored those options because when you really look at it SU seems to be a good fit for both Wiggin's and SU for a one year stop and go before hitting the league.
It would have made a lot of sense for Nerlens to come here also, instead he made a terrible decision on the alternative. That's the way it works i guess.

It would have made a lot of sense for Nerlens to come here also, instead he made a terrible decision on the alternative. That's the way it works i guess.

Agreed and as great as we were defensively imagine how much better we would have been with Nerlens waiting in the middle and all of our guys gambling a bit more with him to back them. Also he would have scored 8pts a game just on lobs from Brandon and MCW. He would have been a better fit offensively than the center we had because he is a better passer and would have been a great roll guy off the high screens. Really I think he was much better than most gave him credit for and he was single handeldy keeping UK relavent before getting hurt. What makes sense isn't really part of the equation once UK gets involved. Does make me wonder how much Gtown was trying to offer last minute to get him though.

Agreed and as great as we were defensively imagine how much better we would have been with Nerlens waiting in the middle and all of our guys gambling a bit more with him to back them. Also he would have scored 8pts a game just on lobs from Brandon and MCW. He would have been a better fit offensively than the center we had because he is a better passer and would have been a great roll guy off the high screens. Really I think he was much better than most gave him credit for and he was single handeldy keeping UK relavent before getting hurt. What makes sense isn't really part of the equation once UK gets involved. Does make me wonder how much Gtown was trying to offer last minute to get him though.

Agreed. That was a group of youngsters at UK who were dysfunctional and with poor guard play. Nothing like the previous year at UK. I think he would have been exactly like you said here. At least an 8 pts/game here and maybe a double-double kid. Major fan favorite.

One and dones are definitely ruining the game. The basketball level and chemistry of these teams just dosn't get to mature. Michigan had a nice run playing 3-4 of them meaningful minutes but it dosn't happen often because there just aren't that many impact difference makers anymore coming in, imo.

These NBA drafts are suffering as well. This is a weak one and so will next year most likely. Last year's guys aren't exactly lighting it up. You could make a decent case for Dion as ROY. Still, the guys who have pro potential, albeit raw, will declare after one year and we have the same cycle. JB does try to recruit these guys, though. He has said so many times. You have to.

But the problem for Noel being here was we already had McDs slated for the position, DC2 and Rak. Noel's one year here would have involved displacing a persons expected place in the lineup. That would have to be a negative to coming into a place to spend one year, having some teammates ticked at you.

From an SU perpective the same thing would happen this year with Wiggins. His coming here would be bad news for MG and/or Grant. But if CJ unexpectantly left, the addition of Wiggins would not really affect any of his teammates expectations concerning playing time. Wiggins would simply be replacing the playing time everyone had alloted for CJ.

Late last summer it appeared Ennis might do the same thing and wait until the Spring. It seemed at the time his decision might be dependent upon MCW leaving. JB told him he couldn't wait and would have to go first person to commit. With Wiggins, JB would not guarantee the playing time Wiggins is looking to get unless CJ left. SU was encouraging Wiggins to delay his decision (tee - this is the second installment of as the Orange turns newsletter).

So the question is: If CJ's leaving meant Wiggins came here, would you want it to happen?

If CJ leaves I wouldn't be surprised if Wiggins came here. He was have his PG and play in a system where the forwards get the most shots anyway...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I would be surprised considering he removed us from his list 3-4 months ago. He's clearly set on these 4 schools.

But the problem for Noel being here was we already had McDs slated for the position, DC2 and Rak. Noel's one year here would have involved displacing a persons expected place in the lineup. That would have to be a negative to coming into a place to spend one year, having some teammates ticked at you.

From an SU perpective the same thing would happen this year with Wiggins. His coming here would be bad news for MG and/or Grant. But if CJ unexpectantly left, the addition of Wiggins would not really affect any of his teammates expectations concerning playing time. Wiggins would simply be replacing the playing time everyone had alloted for CJ.

Late last summer it appeared Ennis might do the same thing and wait until the Spring. It seemed at the time his decision might be dependent upon MCW leaving. JB told him he couldn't wait and would have to go first person to commit. With Wiggins, JB would not guarantee the playing time Wiggins is looking to get unless CJ left. SU was encouraging Wiggins to delay his decision (tee - this is the second installment of as the Orange turns newsletter).

So the question is: If CJ's leaving meant Wiggins came here, would you want it to happen?
Yes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom