Wiggins... | Syracusefan.com

Wiggins...

I always thought mr Hwiggins was a bit small and slow but pretty determined.

Thought experiment. Say Cleveland wins the title and Love plays a pretty big role in it and he sticks around, and Wiggins develops into a consistent all star player. Trade worth it for Cleveland?

Even though I still don't think CLE should have done the trade, I believe, yes, 100%. That city needs a title more than any other, possibly. Plus it would cement LeBron's legacy and vault him into top 5 all time conversation. It would also show other FAs that even if CLE doesn't appeal to you as a city, you should still come to win a title as long as LeBron is there. And, finally, if LeBron had demanded Love and that was the only way you were getting and you won a title, then even more reason to say it was worth the trade.

With that said, I would have still liked to see what would have happened with this team and Wiggins.

Even though I still don't think CLE should have done the trade, I believe, yes, 100%. That city needs a title more than any other, possibly. Plus it would cement LeBron's legacy and vault him into top 5 all time conversation. It would also show other FAs that even if CLE doesn't appeal to you as a city, you should still come to win a title as long as LeBron is there. And, finally, if LeBron had demanded Love and that was the only way you were getting and you won a title, then even more reason to say it was worth the trade.

With that said, I would have still liked to see what would have happened with this team and Wiggins.

I agree with all that. But I also have to s ay Wiggins has developed faster than anyone has thought, right?
I also think it's possible, if not likely, Wiggins doesn't develop as fast on Cleveland where there is a lot of pressure to win and they can't just play him regardless of the outcome.

I agree with all that. But I also have to s ay Wiggins has developed faster than anyone has thought, right?
I also think it's possible, if not likely, Wiggins doesn't develop as fast on Cleveland where there is a lot of pressure to win and they can't just play him regardless of the outcome.

Agree with your assessment. I think Wiggins landed in a good spot. He doesn't have the pressure he would have had on Cleveland. Seems, at least, that there is less discord on the team he is on and he can progress at his own pace.

With all that said, his top end is looking much higher than it was at the time of the draft.

Who would have played over him in Cleveland though?

Agree with your assessment. I think Wiggins landed in a good spot. He doesn't have the pressure he would have had on Cleveland. Seems, at least, that there is less discord on the team he is on and he can progress at his own pace.

With all that said, his top end is looking much higher than it was at the time of the draft.

He's basically playing like we all thought he would as a high school senior

Who would have played over him in Cleveland though?

Trying to think, I guess in a world where they don't make the trade, Lebron plays the 4 and Wiggins the 3 with the back court of Kyrie and Dion? (or maybe they make a totally different move, but we can't go there)

But Wiggins shot 40% from the field in November and December before taking off after the calendar flipped. If he's shooting 40% and the cavs are struggling then he may not get the 30-34 MPG he was getting for the Wolves. I can't say for sure, but i can easily see that happening.

He's basically playing like we all thought he would as a high school senior

Yup.The thing is, for me, is that, selfishly as a huge NBA fan, I would have loved to see what the top end of the Bron/Wiggins experience looked like. In my head its just Bron grooming this kid and tons of alley oops and monster dunks and 80 foot passes to each other.

Thought experiment. Say Cleveland wins the title and Love plays a pretty big role in it and he sticks around, and Wiggins develops into a consistent all star player. Trade worth it for Cleveland?
Si, señor. Love's averaging 17 points and 10 rebounds on what's becoming one of the league's top teams, Wiggins is averaging 16 and 4 for a cellar dweller. Cavs likely will be in the East finals and, quite possibly, will play for the title. While the transition hasn't been entirely smooth for Love, I think he's fit in much better than a rookie would have.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom