Will Boeheim leave or not? | Syracusefan.com

Will Boeheim leave or not?

GooseMutt

All Conference
I' m concerned. I don't want him to go. Still young and capable. I like Hop and hate to diss him or see him go( unlikely) but this team is so deep and a potential to pick up quality 2017 recruits paints a bright future. When he leaves the air will come out of the balloon. We will have difficulty recruiting and lose all momentum. No offense to Hop but Boeheim is legend. Please stay Jim.

I' m concerned. I don't want him to go. Still young and capable. I like Hop and hate to diss him or see him go( unlikely) but this team is so deep and a potential to pick up quality 2017 recruits paints a bright future. When he leaves the air will come out of the balloon. We will have difficulty recruiting and lose all momentum. No offense to Hop but Boeheim is legend. Please stay Jim.
The air won't come out of the balloon. But there is no doubt that when jb does retire, it will be the biggest loss that we have ever had at Syracuse basketball.

Sheesh. Worry about more pertinent things right now. There will be plenty of time for these threads in a year and three months or so.

Sheesh. Worry about more pertinent things right now. There will be plenty of time for these threads in a year and three months or so.
Yes your right. I' m jumping the gun. It's my nature. I haven't been this excited for a season since 2013-14 however this team is way more athletic/offensive. But I always keep an eye on recruiting and we offered several(almost exclusively) top 50 recruits. Sorry but Boeheims future presence comes into play now

It will be longer than a year IMO. I say give it 3. I was born in 76, so personally I'm scared out of my mind since JB is all I know. Still he's not leaving till he's ready and he's not leaving us with an empty cupboard.

It will be longer than a year IMO. I say give it 3. I was born in 76, so personally I'm scared out of my mind since JB is all I know. Still he's not leaving till he's ready and he's not leaving us with an empty cupboard.
I thought it was officially next season but I'll be happy to be wrong!

Yes your right. I' m jumping the gun. It's my nature. I haven't been this excited for a season since 2013-14 however this team is way more athletic/offensive. But I always keep an eye on recruiting and we offered several(almost exclusively) top 50 recruits. Sorry but Boeheims future presence comes into play now
It does and doesn't. Unless he dies he will be either an official or unofficial "emeritus" consultant to the team, assuming Hop wants his input and why wouldn't he, again at least unofficially? Players will know that. It's much like when K leaves Duke whenever that is.

I thought it was officially next season but I'll be happy to be wrong!

It was but he has contradicted that many times since. Seems another Wiley move by the athletic department to counter the hated NCAA

Last edited:
LOL could be!
And the NCAA response to being "duped" would be additional investigations and penalties. They'll find that some of the players took pencils from the athletic department and therefore got were getting extra benefits.

It was but he has contradicted that many times since. Seems another Wiley move by the athletic department to counter the hated NCAA
And more power to them (SUAD)... the NCAA's a total mess and we owe them nothing. Maybe he should postpone retirement until the NCAA restores his 105 wins!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom