Will the emergence of Hunt light the fire under casual fan base? | Syracusefan.com

Will the emergence of Hunt light the fire under casual fan base?

Dcuse

All Conference
I sure as hell hope so. The good fans are here to tell you that things could get fun in that big room!

I sure as hell hope so. The good fans are here to tell you that things could get fun in that big room!

shafer.jpg

Well, that would mean that SU would need to actually do some marketing and promotion. I know Hunt's story has been chronicled by sports media, but you would need to tell it to other audiences. Have someone like Sean Kirst write about Hunt, or get his story told on Bridge Street. Use it as a way of trying to show the kids in Syracuse that overcoming adversity is possible.

You want someone who doesn't watch sports to say to their friends, "wow that SU quarterback has overcome so much, did you know his story?" I don't think he's a Vick/Manziel talent where you would pay money just to see what he does next, but man he's the type of kid you could see a community getting behind.

I think so. Heck, I'm pretty excited even though we're 1-2.

What we saw yesterday gives me hope that we'll again have a dynamic offense this year, which at the end of the day is what most casual fans want to see.

Only WINNING will light a fire under the "casual fanbase." Beat Tulane big, be 2-2 going into the Clemson game. Hopefully a NIGHT game too...and the casual fan with a 2-2 SU team facing a legit National Title Contender in primetime will show up!!

Put up a strong showing vs Clemson (probably lose but make it interesting at least) and the casual fan will hopefully be encouraged with the team and will embrace them the rest of the year!

I was told people come to see SYRACUSE FOOTBALL, not the players.

So obviously if this is true, fans will not show up.

I think it will because it brings excitement that we have a QB that can move around and run with the ball if needed, casual fans love that, also if the teams can pick up a few more wins that always helps.

really hope clemson is a 7 or 8pm type game not sure who we competing against for slots but if were 2-2 and they are 4-0 i mean why not...

I was told people come to see SYRACUSE FOOTBALL, not the players.

So obviously if this is true, fans will not show up.

The FANS come to watch Syracuse football. People who show up to the Dome who have never been fans may show up for any number of reasons...they got free tickets...their kid matriculated at SU...their daughter is volunteering in the concession stand...they want to see what the buzz is about...they want to check out the new coach...or yes, they may even want to see a particular player. But those are not the fans. Those are only the potential fans.

What is Hunts story? Can someone explain it to me or provide a link? Sorry for being out of the loop.

The FANS come to watch Syracuse football. People who show up to the Dome who have never been fans may show up for any number of reasons...they got free tickets...their kid matriculated at SU...their daughter is volunteering in the concession stand...they want to see what the buzz is about...they want to check out the new coach...or yes, they may even want to see a particular player. But those are not the fans. Those are only the potential fans.

Nah.

What is Hunts story? Can someone explain it to me or provide a link? Sorry for being out of the loop.
Both parents died when he was in high school. I believe his dad wasn't very involved in his life but he and his mother were very close. She wanted him to get into Syracuse, so he did. He writes poetry as an outlet for his emotions.

The ACC Digital Network recently did a story on him. Here's the video.

really hope clemson is a 7 or 8pm type game not sure who we competing against for slots but if were 2-2 and they are 4-0 i mean why not...

Me too - I think I took for granted how often we were on Primetime ESPN in the 90s and early 2000s.

Hunt will have to be prince charming and kiss each cuse fan to wake them from their slumber.

I like Hunt a lot as the qb1 and the Tulane game is going to be an excellent test for him and if he can efficiently move this offense in that game, I think we'll start to see some won over fans.

Both parents died when he was in high school. I believe his dad wasn't very involved in his life but he and his mother were very close. She wanted him to get into Syracuse, so he did. He writes poetry as an outlet for his emotions.

The ACC Digital Network recently did a story on him. Here's the video.

Wow that is a remarkable story, thank you sir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom