Will we ever really get info Dungey? | Syracusefan.com

Will we ever really get info Dungey?

SUinNYC

2nd String
Or will we just be notified that he's been disqualified and leaving the school/program?

Not sure why people fell entitled to know someone's medical condition?

I work in healthcare, but over the years hippa doesnt matter with reporting a players injury to a fanbase . remember, hippa was premised on mental health admissions , not a knee, concussion, or low back injury. geeez...

Ish88888 said:
I work in healthcare, but over the years hippa doesnt matter with reporting a players injury to a fanbase . remember, hippa was premised on mental health admissions , not a knee, concussion, or low back injury. geeez...

That's not correct at all.

We will find out during Spring Ball is my guess.

Actually, it's HIPAA, not hippa, so that hurts your credibility. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA; Pub.L. 104–191, 110 Stat. 1936, enacted August 21, 1996)

Actually, it's HIPAA, not hippa, so that hurts your credibility. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA; Pub.L. 104–191, 110 Stat. 1936, enacted August 21, 1996)

Lol, whatever, i dont care what you think about my credibility , i am smart all week and its the weekend. so, you quoted tbe Hipaa act. i know what it means and you still didn't comment on the disclosure of cuse injuries?

Ish88888 said:
Lol, whatever, i dont care what you think about my credibility , i am smart all week and its the weekend. so, you quoted tbe Hipaa act. i know what it means and you still didn't comment on the disclosure of cuse injuries?

It doesn't mean what you said it did which was it doesn't matter with sports injuries. You are 100% wrong.

There are a lot of newsworthy things that also should remain private and/or are protected by law. They are not mutually exclusive.

Let's not globalize. I'm talking about stuff like this...

College Football Injury Report: Week 14

And given that it's the off-season and we have no games to talk about, asking whether or not we should expect more info about our best player's injury (or if we'll just find out he's been disqualified--something that's happened several times in the last few years) is a question I'm guessing I'm not the only one wondering about.

I didn't quote anything. In my initial post, I didn't even cite anything.

Nobody feels entitled at all. It wouldn't violate HIPAA to say he's gonna play again or not play again.
Which is totally not what the OP asked. The OP asked if we would ever really get info on ED, or would "we just be notified that he's been disqualified and leaving the school/program?" The question inferred obtaining information as to the injury ED suffered.

Which is totally not what the OP asked. The OP asked if we would ever really get info on ED, or would "we just be notified that he's been disqualified and leaving the school/program?" The question inferred obtaining information as to the injury ED suffered.
So asking the question if we would ever "get info" on what ED's injury might be infers entitlement? I don't recall the OP asking for anything specific regarding the injury, unless of course I missed something.

So asking the question if we would ever "get info" on what ED's injury might be infers entitlement? I don't recall the OP asking for anything specific regarding the injury, unless of course I missed something.
All I was pointing out was that the OP wanted more info than just whether or not ED is going to play again. Wasn't addressing the entitlement thing at all.

OK people, let's drop the prideful "you said that I said" retorts.
Suffice it to say that we fans always want to know more about what's going on behind closed doors. If we didn't care they wouldn't call us fanatics.
I'd love to know what damage that hit caused to Eric - whether I'm entitled to that knowledge or not.

Let's not globalize. I'm talking about stuff like this...

College Football Injury Report: Week 14

And given that it's the off-season and we have no games to talk about, asking whether or not we should expect more info about our best player's injury (or if we'll just find out he's been disqualified--something that's happened several times in the last few years) is a question I'm guessing I'm not the only one wondering about.

Me too. But that's not greater than Dungey's right (or the schools right) to keep it private.

OK people, let's drop the prideful "you said that I said" retorts.
Suffice it to say that we fans always want to know more about what's going on behind closed doors. If we didn't care they wouldn't call us fanatics.
I'd love to know what damage that hit caused to Eric - whether I'm entitled to that knowledge or not.

For sure. I'd love to know about some old marked "top secret" docs kicking around the pentagon - doesn't mean I ever will.

Well, first off, its hipaa not hippa...

Nobody feels entitled at all. It wouldn't violate HIPAA to say he's gonna play again or not play again.

They said its not a career ender. Anything else you need?

He had a concussion...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom