Class of 2016 - Will we lose anyone? Will we gain anyone from BG? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Will we lose anyone? Will we gain anyone from BG?

NC'cusefan

Scout Team
Recruiting experts... What do you think? Are we going to end up losing anyone due to the hire? Will we be able to cherry pick from Bowling Green? Is there any news on anyone new interested in 'cuse due to the hiring?
Is it only my opinion that our recruiting class will improve from this move?

Recruiting experts... What do you think? Are we going to end up losing anyone due to the hire? Will we be able to cherry pick from Bowling Green? Is there any news on anyone new interested in 'cuse due to the hiring?
Is it only my opinion that our recruiting class will improve from this move?

Hey Coach. If you look through the threads it seems that Babers is looking at some uncommitted kids that SU offered and is following some of the top commits. Hopefully we know this week who may be a new target and who is asked to reopen their recruitment.

Also right now Cole Dial is following 5 BGSU commits. Terrance Landers, Cameron Jeffries, Evan Foster, AJ Garson and Elijah Cunnigham. Don't think he is just randomly following him.

That's Evan Foster, a 6-2 defensive back that CL mentioned Dial is already following on Twitter.

Why would we want bowling green commits? If shafer had beaten out or flipped any current BG recruit most fans would be trashing the staff for it. Hoping we maybe set our sites a little higher.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Hopefully HCDB is well into recruiting evaluations of all the players SU was/is interested in. There might be some very highly rated kids that might now be interested in us.

Why would we want bowling green commits? If shafer had beaten out or flipped any current BG recruit most fans would be trashing the staff for it. Hoping we maybe set our sites a little higher.
I don't want many, but Landers looks like a legitimate P5 prospect. He had offers from Iowa, Purdue, and Pitt as well.

I have no problem with cherry picking a few BGSU recruits...Dino coached at Baylor...I think he knows what a P5 level recruit looks like.

obviously he knows what a P5 prospect looks like but he would have had a prospect ceiling at Bowling Green. He's not recruiting Baylor kids to Bowling Green.

Last edited:
I don't want many, but Landers looks like a legitimate P5 prospect. He had offers from Iowa, Purdue, and Pitt as well.

Landers looks decent but doesn't have deep threat wow type speed. Looks somewhat similar to Sadiq.

I think you can go ahead and put all tour chips in there betting that we take more than one receiver when this class is all said and done...this is so obvious that, yes, i'll show myself out now...

In addition to Landers, Dinion Hutchins (DE) and Evan Foster (S) have decommitted from BGSU.
Talk on their board is that up to 5 more may decommit.

And again - Landers is unquestionably a guy who, at least in terms of other offers, is a P5 level talent. He has offers from Iowa, Purdue, and Pitt. That's pretty solid.

I dont see must gets from current BG commits. I like Landers, the guard, he's a tough kid. I see good things in that QB commit. The other WR from Bishop Dewitt and TE are not bad.

3 stars are three stars. Most teams are built around a lot of three stars anyway.
I'm just glad we're talking about the merits of three star players against other three star players, instead of in days gone by when we would talk about how we think our two star guys are better than other teams' three star guys because we have better talent evaluators and stars don't matter anyway.