Wilson has way more upside | Syracusefan.com

Wilson has way more upside

upperdeck

Living Legend
maybe he cant run on broken plays, but he made 3-4 throws that Hunt cant make.

Hunt is an athlete playing QB who can throw. Wilson is a QB who is a pure passer. The throws by Wilson were as good as i have seen in a very long time. Kid can flat out throw the ball. I agree

Well, Wilson will have 2 weeks with the 1s to get ready to 'lead'them into nscewm.

If he plays well and comes out with a solid W, things will get interesting.

On here, it will be like watching the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan or wondering just how the hell Boo Radley managed to land the space shuttle on an asteroid.

I am probably the biggest Wilson fan on the board and have been since he stayed committed. However, I think Hunt is our best chance right now. Hunt is resilient and I think he will come around. There will be a time for Austin.

Well, Wilson will have 2 weeks with the 1s to get ready to 'lead'them into nscewm.

If he plays well and comes out with a solid W, things will get interesting.

On here, it will be like watching the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan or wondering just how the hell Boo Radley managed to land the space shuttle on an asteroid.
2 weeks with the 1's? What in God's name are you talking about? Does anyone in this thread seriously think there's a QB battle here?

Wilson looked great that 1st posession, but not so great the rest of the game. Zero touch on the throws, thrown 5-10 yards over the heads of the receivers.
Yea, there were some BAD misses. He definitely has talent but he's not going to unseat Hunt. We need Hunt for the running game. Clearly a dual threat QB is needed for this offense.

2 weeks with the 1's? What in God's name are you talking about? Does anyone in this thread seriously think there's a QB battle here?

i believe he is referencing Hunt being suspended for next week.

Try and keep up, or maybe...just once...sit this one out.

I don't think Wilson would have the stupidity to throw a punch in a game that was this close. Hunt almost acted like he was entitled to throw punches when he wants. Total lack of leadership on his unchecked emotions.

Wilson will only get better with game experience as I think Hunt will be on a shorter lease at least for the next few games. you just don't do what he did as the team leader on offense as a Q.B and expect to have the full confidence of the staff when these two might be closer than we think. Wilson is pretty capable of running this offense w/o making selfish mistakes.

Wilson looked pretty damn good for a RS FR coming off the bench cold. I also hear good things about Long and Kimble...gonna have some serious QB competition in the next couple of years.

Anyone notice that Broyld disappeared after Hunt left the game? What's up with that? (Or, am all wet?)
I am with you 100% . I kept wondering if he was banged up.

Anyone wonder why Hunt threw the punch? Did the guy twist his face mask and say something about his Mom who died not too long ago? Was stupid and cost his team, lacked judgement - but I know I'd take a shot if the guy said something like that.

CuseGrad94 said:
I am with you 100% . I kept wondering if he was banged up.

Nova switched to press coverage and Wilson couldn't beat it.

Anyone wonder why Hunt threw the punch? Did the guy twist his face mask and say something about his Mom who died not too long ago? Was stupid and cost his team, lacked judgement - but I know I'd take a shot if the guy said something like that.
Yea, Hunt's reaction seemed excessive based on what was observable from a distance.

Nova switched to press coverage and Wilson couldn't beat it.
Do you think that's why we eventually went away from the bubble screeens as the 2nd half progressed? Earlier in the game their CBs were playing 10 yds off the LOS, and at the time it seemed like a good way to get the ball to our playmakers in space.

It's not just broken plays. He can't run! Do you think we don't score a td from inside the 2 if hunt is playing? The option got totally taken away and the d could just focus on the rbs. Hunt's skillset takes pressure off everyone else...particularly when the line plays so pathetically.

He won't be suspended. And he won't be a safety. Let. It. Go.
You think I want him at safety now?? Good lord he'd probably throw a punch after his 1st missed tackle.

What makes you think he won't be suspended??

You think SS will allow his players to throw punches without a team rules suspension??

You think the school will allow its students to throw punches without a school code of conduct suspension??

You think the ACC will allow its athletes to throw punches without a conference image suspension??

Ok....

It's not just broken plays. He can't run! Do you think we don't score a td from inside the 2 if hunt is playing? The option got totally taken away and the d could just focus on the rbs. Hunt's skillset takes pressure off everyone else...particularly when the line plays so pathetically.
This! Our running game is based off having a dual threat QB. With Hunt in the game, we don't have those short yardage issues.

Neither could Nassib.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom