Wilson has way more upside | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wilson has way more upside

It's not just broken plays. He can't run! Do you think we don't score a td from inside the 2 if hunt is playing? The option got totally taken away and the d could just focus on the rbs. Hunt's skillset takes pressure off everyone else...particularly when the line plays so pathetically.
Play action is a good option if the D is selling out on the RBs.

You think I want him at safety now?? Good lord he'd probably throw a punch after his 1st missed tackle.

What makes you think he won't be suspended??

You think SS will allow his players to throw punches without a team rules suspension??

You think the school will allow its students to throw punches without a school code of conduct suspension??

You think the ACC will allow its athletes to throw punches without a conference image suspension??

Ok...
Shafer said right in his press conference that Hunt will face no further punishment, so unless the ACC does issue a suspension he will be elegible in two weeks.

Anyone notice that Broyld disappeared after Hunt left the game? What's up with that? (Or, am all wet?)

According to the play-by-play, Ash got one reception and was targeted a total of three times after Hunt was ejected.
He still ended up the tied with West for the most receptions (5).

If you take out that one drive that concluded with AAM's TD run, Wilson just wasn't making a whole lot of completions.

Shafer said right in his press conference that Hunt will face no further punishment, so unless the ACC does issue a suspension he will be elegible in two weeks.
Gotta think the ACC issues a suspension though.

I don't know Wilson made 1 or 2 throws, but also missed badly on even more. Plus if he is asked to move the play is over. He clearly missed Custis wide open down the middle instead choosing to go down the sideline 10 yards over the receivers head that was well covered. He isn't that much better of a passer.

He won't be suspended. And he won't be a safety. Let. It. Go.
i understand college football is a business, however what he did yesterday was uncalled for and embarrassing to our program...as far as im concerned,i sit him out for CMU to show him nobodys ego is bigger than the team...win or lose at this point it doesn't matter.. he is still a kid who needs structure...badly.

Didn't know that, I'm shocked.

But I'm glad to see him pull a Boeheim and say he plans to start him. It's about time the football team acts as dirty as the hoop team does.

You think I want him at safety now?? Good lord he'd probably throw a punch after his 1st missed tackle.

You think SS will allow his players to throw punches without a team rules suspension??

You think the school will allow its students to throw punches without a school code of conduct suspension??

You think the ACC will allow its athletes to throw punches without a conference image suspension??

Ok...

Shafer is not suspending him, he said as much in the post game presser. The ACC won't suspend him either.

There is no QB controversy, pretty simple Shafer said "Hunt is our starter".

Watching the tape it looked like the kid from NOVA had his left hand around Hunt's neck or up into his face and wasn't letting go until Hunt clocked him. A lot of dirty stuff like that goes on in every football game that nobody really sees.

Ok...
Yeah. He gone.

That's a joke IMO. Even Dabo suspends his guys for punches.

Schafer is way over his head as a HC at this level. Some morons bitched about Marrone, but we should hope & pray that Buffalo cans him & he comes home. Otherwise, our program may end up back in the GROB era very soon. Last night's showing was abysmal.

According to the play-by-play, Ash got one reception and was targeted a total of three times after Hunt was ejected.
He still ended up the tied with West for the most receptions (5).

If you take out that one drive that concluded with AAM's TD run, Wilson just wasn't making a whole lot of completions.
Wilson was 11-17 =64.7%.
Q2 2 for 2
Q3 7 for 11 Six were in the 3rd Q drive (6-7) . 1 for 4 in other Q3 drives
Q4 One for two.
OT1 Zero for 1
OT2 he was 1-1 including a 17 yard clutch throw to West.
He also had two DPI calls in his favor, which is not in his stats.

He did well in the first Q3 drive and then had trouble with press coverage. He was 2-4 after Q3 - McD tried to run the ball in OT.

All in all a pretty good job under the circumstances. I thought the pass to West was really clutch.
Austin can throw the ball. When the game slows down I think he will be as good or better than Ryan was because he can throw it down field. This kid is a gamer.

Austin Wilson could be productive in a different program/situation; but we need a qb that can continue drives with his feet, always been the case... Wilson has zero ability to run, and in modern college football, that is unacceptable. What we really needed last night was our own John Robertson, and on our present roster, his name is Mitch Kimble...

Austin Wilson could be productive in a different program/situation; but we need a qb that can continue drives with his feet, always been the case... Wilson has zero ability to run, and in modern college football, that is unacceptable. What we really needed last night was our own John Robertson, and on our present roster, his name is Mitch Kimble...
Really? - Nassib did pretty good for us.

I don't know Wilson made 1 or 2 throws, but also missed badly on even more. Plus if he is asked to move the play is over. He clearly missed Custis wide open down the middle instead choosing to go down the sideline 10 yards over the receivers head that was well covered. He isn't that much better of a passer.
I'm glad someone was actually watching the game, that one play showed a complete lack of poise, if he throws the ball to Custis we get a TD, and game over. Wilson's first series was the only one he showed poise, once the Villanova Defensive coach realized wilson couldn't run our offense became a disaster.

Under the circumstances, I think Wilson did a good job - not warmed up at all and not prepped at all to start.
He may not ready to be QB1 and he overthrew a bunch of balls last night but I like him as a backup and I think he's going to get a lot sharper with his passes.
I don't think he's ever going to be a dual threat (does anybody?) but that's ok because he seems to have the potential to be a great passer.

I just hope the talk of Wilson starting over Hunt comes to a halt.

I'm glad someone was actually watching the game, that one play showed a complete lack of poise, if he throws the ball to Custis we get a TD, and game over. Wilson's first series was the only one he showed poise, once the Villanova Defensive coach realized wilson couldn't run our offense became a disaster.
Gee guys, the kid got thrown into a difficult situation and completed 65% of his passes with no picks. He also threw a clutch pass in OT to West. As much as anyone else on the field he was responsible for the win. Nova D stuffed us all game - had nothing to do with Wilson. As a matter of fact AAM shined in the second half.

Gee guys, the kid got thrown into a difficult situation and completed 65% of his passes with no picks. He also threw a clutch pass in OT to West. As much as anyone else on the field he was responsible for the win. Nova D stuffed us all game - had nothing to do with Wilson. As a matter of fact AAM shined in the second half.

AAM had 10 carries for 17 yards? I wouldn't exactly call that shining. Granted a lot of it was the OL's fault, but he still got knocked down pretty easily in the backfield a few times.

AAM had 10 carries for 17 yards? I wouldn't exactly call that shining. Granted a lot of it was the OL's fault, but he still got knocked down pretty easily in the backfield a few times.
Those stats are the result of those goal line rushes. Don't think that was on him. He looked great a couple of times. Maybe I am trying too hard to find positives!

I thought it was an automatic suspension for the next game if a punch if thrown?
up to the discretion of the conference. Shafer said the school wouldn't add on any penalty.

The throws by Wilson were as good as i have seen in a very long time. Kid can flat out throw the ball. I agree

Loon meet tick.

yeesh

It's not just broken plays. He can't run! Do you think we don't score a td from inside the 2 if hunt is playing? The option got totally taken away and the d could just focus on the rbs. Hunt's skillset takes pressure off everyone else...particularly when the line plays so pathetically.
Yes it hurt that we no longer had Hunt as an option, but they ran a one back offense into a defense that knew that back was getting the ball. Why no fullback or a full house? are those formations not in the playbook? If not why? Our line is not good enough to run that one back formation and be successful inside the five yd line.
I hope this has been a lesson learned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom