Wilson has way more upside | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wilson has way more upside

Schafer is way over his head as a HC at this level. Some morons bitched about Marrone, but we should hope & pray that Buffalo cans him & he comes home. Otherwise, our program may end up back in the GROB era very soon. Last night's showing was abysmal.
No disrespect intended but that is way over the top. Shafer has done a pretty good job so far and I, for one, am not ready to throw him under the bus for a return to the DM era.

maybe he cant run on broken plays, but he made 3-4 throws that Hunt cant make.

Hunt is the better option at this point but Wilson has more upside for sure because of his passing ability. Hunt didn't appear to have improved over last year at all. I think Hunt is what he is and there won't be much more. He has a hitch in his throwing motion and can't throw a spiral which is going to impact his accuracy and power. As I said he is the better option at this point but I think if it came down to it Wilson has more room for development as a passer.

I'm not a fan of non-dual threat QB's in CFB. They are the equalizer when you play teams with superior talent (see John Robertson). If we put a pure passer back there we better be putting a good offensive line in front of him and even then I'd rather have a dual threat QB aside from a senior year Nassib type.

I'm not a fan of non-dual threat QB's in CFB. They are the equalizer when you play teams with superior talent (see John Robertson). If we put a pure passer back there we better be putting a good offensive line in front of him and even then I'd rather have a dual threat QB aside from a senior year Nassib type.
Ryan may not have been a runner, but he at least could move, Wilson doesn't appear to have even the mobility of Ryan. We will never get the talent on the offensive line for a straight drop back QB, which is what Wilson is.

I think people need to look at more than just stats to decide who threw the ball better , hunt missed throws too, and many but a bunch. and hunt threw the ball backwards 2-3 times as do all teams running those bubble screems. if you dont drop it noone cares.

Am I the only 1 who saw Wilson miss open throw after open throw and score 7 points in 35 minutes? He missed some passes by 2 or 3 yards.

are you guys insane? Hunt is our QB.
Hunt only scored 10 and 7 were off a ~65 yard PTG run. There were no real drives by hunt. I don't think we have a good quarterback at all. I don't think hunt is any better.

No disrespect intended but that is way over the top. Shafer has done a pretty good job so far and I, for one, am not ready to throw him under the bus for a return to the DM era.

Of course it's over the top & of course, Shafer isn't going anywhere just yet. I hope & pray that I'm wrong, but I think Shafer will at best amount to an average HC. Marrone raised the program out of the ash heap, but we needed an outstanding coach to take it further. My rationale for this is that he & his staff are poor at making in-game adjustments. The good coaches that are successful long term, are able to see things & make the appropriate changes during the flow of the game. Marrone was much better at that than Shafer has been.

Of course it's over the top & of course, Shafer isn't going anywhere just yet. I hope & pray that I'm wrong, but I think Shafer will at best amount to an average HC. Marrone raised the program out of the ash heap, but we needed an outstanding coach to take it further. My rationale for this is that he & his staff are poor at making in-game adjustments. The good coaches that are successful long term, are able to see things & make the appropriate changes during the flow of the game. Marrone was much better at that than Shafer has been.
I never thought Marrone was good at in game adjustments either. He always seemed to stick with the game plan for far too log. Certain BE coaches seemed to have his number as well.

I thought DM was a great evaluator of talent and he knew how to coach guys up. His game management was below average and, while his teams never got blown out, they were not very dynamic either. We got one good offensive year out of his teams and one truly terrific defensive year. I think Shafer will prove to be a better college HC than DM in time. Time will tell.

how do we know they didnt make adjustments? im sure they went in at half time and told the D to keep missing tackles.. on offense not sure what they were doing but the oline played so poorly who knows what they were thinking

And he can't get better at it because he is stupid, right?

Hunt showed enough last season to outshine a mediocre performance by our backup vs a FCS school.

End.

It wasn't a ACC game and you wonder if the ACC will want to hurt one of their teams that might miss a bowl game because of a indy loss without their starting qb?
Aren't all games involving an ACC team considered conference games? Genuine question. Seems weird to me if not.

Were you a Rutgers fan in another life?

Try and keep up, or maybe...just once...sit this one out.

Cut him a break, he's clearly pulling an Eli Manning... way off and no clue what's going on.

Aren't all games involving an ACC team considered conference games? Genuine question. Seems weird to me if not.

No. Conference games are games that are between r conference teams, conference game. ACC teams that play teams not from the ACC are out of conference games, non-conference.

Usually the referees are negotiated among a lot of other things.

It wasn't a ACC game and you wonder if the ACC will want to hurt one of their teams that might miss a bowl game because of a indy loss without their starting qb?
We are now part of ACC therefore ACC must review the ejection, they may decide to take no further action, and that is what I expect to happen. Hunt threw a punch, was ejected for it, but it did not rise to the level of added punishment in my opinion.

No. Conference games are games that are between r conference teams, conference game. ACC teams that play teams not from the ACC are out of conference games, non-conference.

Usually the referees are negotiated among a lot of other things.

That does not mean the ACC does not have some sort of jurisdiction over conduct of their teams or players on those teams in any game they play in.

That does not mean the ACC does not have some sort of jurisdiction over conduct of their teams or players on those teams in any game they play in.
That's what I'm thinking.

I agree and I know that they have jurisdiction over their teams. It was already said that the ACC had to review the incident, they have to as it is an NCAA rule.

I personally don't think they add any additional punishment.

I think missing 3/4 of a game the punishment fits the crime. had it happened with 1 min to go in the game, perhaps they do another additional punishment,

I agree and I know that they have jurisdiction over their teams. It was already said that the ACC had to review the incident, they have to as it is an NCAA rule.

I personally don't think they add any additional punishment.

I don't know at all. Anyone know of any precedence the ACC has set in previous years for this sort of thing?

I don't know at all. Anyone know of any precedence the ACC has set in previous years for this sort of thing?

I read the NCAA rulebook regarding these incidents earlier today, trust me it is a requirement that they review it. Even if they don't change anything.

It was pretty much mandatory that they had to eject him from the game. If it happened in the second half it would be mandatory that he sit at least half of the next game we play.

There was a Clemson player that punched an NC State player that was suspended another game but that was because Dabo suspended him without any ACC involvement and apparently they did not add any punishment beyond that. I would assume that the ACC reviewed it because it is an NCAA requirement.

I watched the tape on that one and it was 1000% worse than what Hunt did. They were jawing after the play like 10 seconds and they walked up to each other and the Clemson kid sucker punched the NC State kid with an uppercut. Really, really uncalled for and flagrant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom