Class of 2017 - Wish List | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Wish List

Ok, all I want for 2017 is a six man class of Porter, Duval, Bamba, Richards, Diallo and Knox. If not any of those guys then Lonnie Walker or Quade Green. I don't think it is too much to ask.
My wish list is for the two players ALREADY on the roster Howard and Kalebto show why the were given quarter million dollar scholarships. AND that Jimmy brings in another big time PF or center. OF COURSE the other wish we all share is that Malachi returns. Jimmy should sit down with the kid and explain how leaving early isn't always the right choice when Ennis and McCullogh. The Money will be there for Malachi and he can get his body insured just in case I think another year in Div1 would be critical for MR. Build himself up a bit in the process. I'm already excited about next season's BB team.

Think leaving early was exactly the right choice for both Tyler and Chris. Both have contracts for more money than I'll make in the next 30 years. Tyler likely would've dropped if he stayed any longer, he wasn't going to get taller or more athletic. Chris was able to complete his rehab with an NBA medical staff and will have a great shot to contribute in Brooklyn over the next few years.

Ok, all I want for 2017 is a six man class of Porter, Duval, Bamba, Richards, Diallo and Knox. If not any of those guys then Lonnie Walker or Quade Green. I don't think it is too much to ask.

Yeah, for as good as the 2016-2017 team could be, we'll pretty much need to fill every position before 2017-2018. There are very few players that we can feel confident will be still be around by then. Howard is probably the most likely, and I'm optimistic that he'll be pretty good. Hopefully Chukwu and Moyer will still be here as well, but you never know and they'll need backups.

Outside the big fish,
I like Green but would rather have Walker. Rebounds, and defensive misses can give opponents 5-8 points/points off assists more when smaller guards don't work in our zone. Although I am still curious if Walker is developing into a true guard. He seems to have a great handle left and right, but needs to round out his shot, and start finishing with the left. Not sure he has the bone structure to fill out as a true SF.
Roundtree has nice potential and Reid would be the Nightmare after Christmas if Chuckwu wasn't already here.

Guessing its 100% chance we have room for atleast 4 schollies and probably about a 90% chance we have 5, right? 6 is probably around 50% as well?

Last edited:
... Guessing its 100% chance we have room for atleast 4 schollies and probably about a 90% chance we have 5, right? 6 is probably around 50% as well?
I'd agree with that. Which makes me wonder why the class of 2017 front has been pretty quiet. Though staying busy with Thompson seems to be a priority.

So, who do we think SU wants, or more importantly, might actually get for 2017?

PG - Want Duval, naturally, but it seems that most think that ship has now sailed? Green would be a very nice Plan B.
He's an actual PG, who can also score from anywhere. Been a while since we had onea those.
SG - Diallo. Anybody else we are (or should be) interested in?
SF - Want Porter (who doesn't?), Knox. But, knowing how these things seem to go for us, we get Tucker? Or other?
PF - Want Bamba (again, who doesn't?). FINALLY getting Diagne on campus would be a solid Plan B here.
C - Want Nick Richards (ditto). Actually get DCR? Kinda like Scoop and RickJack? I'd take that for sure.

Have we offered Lonnie Walker? Melo E?
Is there anybody else I've missed?

Fantasy 2017 recruits: Duval, Diallo, Porter, Bamba, Richards.
Hello, Final Four!! :D Send JAB out with another NC. :cool:

Realistic/actual 2017 recruits: Green, Diallo, Tucker, Diagne, DCR.

So, who do we think SU wants, or more importantly, might actually get for 2017?

PG - Want Duval, naturally, but it seems that most think that ship has now sailed? Green would be a very nice Plan B.
He's an actual PG, who can also score from anywhere. Been a while since we had onea those.
SG - Diallo. Anybody else we are (or should be) interested in?
SF - Want Porter (who doesn't?), Knox. But, knowing how these things seem to go for us, we get Tucker? Or other?
PF - Want Bamba (again, who doesn't?). FINALLY getting Diagne on campus would be a solid Plan B here.
C - Want Nick Richards (ditto). Actually get DCR? Kinda like Scoop and RickJack? I'd take that for sure.

Have we offered Lonnie Walker? Melo E?
Is there anybody else I've missed?

Fantasy 2017 recruits: Duval, Diallo, Porter, Bamba, Richards.
Hello, Final Four!! :D Send JAB out with another NC. :cool:

Realistic/actual 2017 recruits: Green, Diallo, Tucker, Diagne, DCR.
I'm not up on the prospects that "we" are interested recruiting for next year BUT I think I can speak relatively well on the positions. A strong pg both on offense and the zone along with another 5. If JIMBO would ask Mark Çoyle to hire a big man coach he might just salvage Obokoh into a functional player to go in for Chuckwu when he gets into his inevitable foul trouble. I can't recall a single Orange 5 that was not a like a super gravity center for fouls. Forth wasn't too bad but even he had his games.

Could you imagine Bamba playing the 4 with Chukwu playing the 5? Talk about some serious size. Maybe Lydon as the 3 if he stays around. No one would be able to score on that backline. And having Duval /Diallo and Battle as the guards would make such an awesome team.

Could you imagine Bamba playing the 4 with Chukwu playing the 5? Talk about some serious size. Maybe Lydon as the 3 if he stays around. No one would be able to score on that backline. And having Duval /Diallo and Battle as the guards would make such an awesome team.
Tylerler and Roberson flanking our 5 we should do well in the rebounding game and improve greatly with our "second chance shots and points Then we may have Moyer off the bench. Not bad Who knows how much Malachi and Battles will be asked to be the pg during games unless Frank Howard really comes around and then there might be the Kaleb Joseph reincarnation as he arrives with his head and game ready for prime time (JUST KIDDING).

Look, now that jordoo is back, anything can happen. :)

LOL. Well I did get really lucky and somehow knew MM was going to commit to SU. Other than that "I know nothing". I will say that the Duval ship has sailed though.

LOL. Well I did get really lucky and somehow knew MM was going to commit to SU. Other than that "I know nothing". I will say that the Duval ship has sailed though.
This year's March Madness is not going to be anything other than a transition to baseball and eventually football. Getting our hopes up is normal but this season its self imposed grief.

K
Tylerler and Roberson flanking our 5 we should do well in the rebounding game and improve greatly with our "second chance shots and points Then we may have Moyer off the bench. Not bad Who knows how much Malachi and Battles will be asked to be the pg during games unless Frank Howard really comes around and then there might be the Kaleb Joseph reincarnation as he arrives with his head and game ready for prime time (JUST KIDDING).

Kaleb Joseph will not be at SU next season. I'm 99% sure of that.

Why? He's recently said he's staying.

Kaleb will never really play again at SU, that is if for some miracle they even renew his scholarship. Battle is coming in and wants to play point guard. Howard is playing in front of him now. Why would he stay, to not play for the remainder of his college career? I heard he won't be back and if I were him I would have transferred after last season.

Kaleb will never really play again at SU, that is if for some miracle they even renew his scholarship. Battle is coming in and wants to play point guard. Howard is playing in front of him now. Why would he stay, to not play for the remainder of his college career? I heard he won't be back and if I were him I would have transferred after last season.
I don't get this line of thinking at all. Syracuse will only have 2 true guards next season without him. We should thank him if he stays. He would be guaranteed more playing time next year.

I don't get this line of thinking at all. Syracuse will only have 2 true guards next season without him. We should thank him if he stays. He would be guaranteed more playing time next year.
Kaleb would still be the 4th guard next year and not get PT.
PG: Howard, Battle
2G: Richardson, Battle

Madbiker said:
Kaleb would still be the 4th guard next year and not get PT. PG: Howard, Battle 2G: Richardson, Battle

Still need a decent 4th guard next year. One injury and he's playing quality minutes.

I'm what universe?

we are all our own universe

200.gif

You don't get that line of thinking at all? I'm not sure how. You say Syracuse will only have 2 true guards next season without him like JB plays 10 guys. Battle, Howard and even Richardson will play either guard spot before Kaleb. KJ will never really play any minutes again at SU, and that's being kind because there is a real high percentage that SU won't even renew his scholarship. Anybody with 2 eyes can see that. Have you been following this season at all? The coaching staff don't even speak or even look at him. They look at Joe, the guy in the stands selling programs more than they look at Kaleb. I feel bad for the kid. He should have transferred after last season and he still would have had somewhere else to play for 3 years instead of two.