Class of 2015 - Wisky Commits w/SU Interest | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Wisky Commits w/SU Interest

Symphony Steve

All American
Besides Jake Pickard, there may be a couple of other wavering Badger commits who might reconsider the Orange.

These Wisconsin verbals also had SU offers:

David Edwards, ATH, 6-6, 225, Downers Grove IL
Nate Howard, DE, 6-5, 220, St. Louis MO
Sam Madden, OT, 6-7, 328, Barnegat NJ
David Pfaff, DE, 6-1, 243, Mequon WI
Jake Pickard, DE/TE, 6-5, 234, Millburn NJ
Dominic Sheppard, ILB, 6-1, 226, Miami FL (pretty much EVERYbody was in on him)

Hey, at least these guys aren't afraid of the cold.

We have no room. We need to stay the course on the 10/11 kids we're already solid with.

With the exception of Pickard. I would say that he is the biggest get for the staff right now.

I don't think its an either or. You can gauge the interest in the recruits who might be an upgrade and see if there is any serious interest. If so add them to the list. Staff has the time now, its not like we have a bowl game to prep for and this program needs to take advantage of every opportunity they might be able to get. Might be worth creating one of these for Pitt as well. Im guessing there are some commits who might reconsider the Orange.

I don't think its an either or. You can gauge the interest in the recruits who might be an upgrade and see if there is any serious interest. If so add them to the list. Staff has the time now, its not like we have a bowl game to prep for and this program needs to take advantage of every opportunity they might be able to get. Might be worth creating one of these for Pitt as well. Im guessing there are some commits who might reconsider the Orange.

It doesn't matter. There is no room. They are not going to take away a scholarship from any of the commits at this stage in the game. It is a matter of numbers. You can only take so many in a class and you can not go over 85 on the roster.

It doesn't matter. There is no room. They are not going to take away a scholarship from any of the commits at this stage in the game. It is a matter of numbers. You can only take so many in a class and you can not go over 85 on the roster.
Shoot CuseLegacy I messed up your perfect post to like ratio... 11,114 / 11,114. My thing with numbers is gonna force me to regret that like all day.

IMO It would have to be them reaching out to us type of interest because we are already heavily recruiting 10-12 kids with only 5 or 6 available spots.

IMO It would have to be them reaching out to us type of interest because we are already heavily recruiting 10-12 kids with only 5 or 6 available spots.

I think if you look at the numbers on the tacked fishes and loves thread there aren't even that many spots available.. Now you and I know that can change as we still don't know how many actually make it in January. That said there are currently 22 commits in the 2015 class...we can only take 25.

I think if you look at the numbers on the tacked fishes and loves thread there aren't even that many spots available.. Now you and I know that can change as we still don't know how many actually make it in January. That said there are currently 22 commits in the 2015 class...we can only take 25.
I think there will be some more attrition as others have suggested (more in the 25-28 range), but it is all speculation right now. That said I cant see the harm in gauging interest. If spots open up (Kimble leaving, etc.) we might be able to get back in with some of those A list players looking for a home.

I think there will be some more attrition as others have suggested (more in the 25-28 range), but it is all speculation right now. That said I cant see the harm in gauging interest. If spots open up (Kimble leaving, etc.) we might be able to get back in with some of those A list players looking for a home.

There are already 3 commits for Jan. Might be 4. With the 22 coming in June you are now at 25/26. Add that to the probable 57, if Arciniega gets a waiver, and you are at 82/83. You can not have more than 85 on roster.

There are already 3 commits for Jan. Might be 4. With the 22 coming in June you are now at 25/26. Add that to the probable 57, if Arciniega gets a waiver, and you are at 82/83. You can not have more than 85 on roster.

There are always non-quals. As others have mentioned, I wouldn't mind a little SEC-esque over-signing. \

These things always seem to work themselves out.

There are always non-quals. As others have mentioned, I wouldn't mind a little SEC-esque over-signing. \

These things always seem to work themselves out.

I didn't say that it wouldn't work out. I am just looking at the existing numbers, and based on what I have been told multiple times by several sources, that there are only a few spots left.

In posting the thread, I wasn't thinking that we'd sweep in en masse and take a buncha prospects. Just figured that maybe one or two would fit in our class. Other than Pickard, that mammoth OT from NJ would interest me. 6-7, 328 is pretty intriguing...

In posting the thread, I wasn't thinking that we'd sweep in en masse and take a buncha prospects. Just figured that maybe one or two would fit in our class. Other than Pickard, that mammoth OT from NJ would interest me. 6-7, 328 is pretty intriguing...

Yeah the staff liked him too. They offered him back in March but he committed to Wisconsin in June.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom