With all the talk of the locker room being 'outdated' | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

With all the talk of the locker room being 'outdated'

There doesn't seem to be much room south of the dome. I assume it means the access road from Irving heading east - Forestry Dr between the new ESF building and the dome would need to be eliminated?

This is the part I've never understood. There's very little room there and Forestry Drive belongs to ESF. I'd heard that this wouldn't be a perfectly symmetrical building for that reason.

Need to get a few NFL players like Chandler & Arthur Jones to contribute and name the Dome locker room after them.
<insert keeping up w/ the Jones' joke here>

If the board wants a place that $50K+ could do a world of good for Syracuse athletics it's in support of the men's hockey program. I'm sure they'd put the Syracusefan name on something, too.

This is the part I've never understood. There's very little room there and Forestry Drive belongs to ESF. I'd heard that this wouldn't be a perfectly symmetrical building for that reason.

I sit on that side for both basketball and football and it seems pretty limited space to me from the dome to the edge of the road - maybe 20 feet across from gate J to Gate A through Gate H?

Dave Jacobs said if you start shopping at his place he will match dollar for dollar what you spend. His wife will keep track and donate after the school year once all sports are done! :rolleyes:

Dave Jacobs said if you start shopping at his place he will match dollar for dollar what you spend. His wife will keep track and donate after the school year once all sports are done! :rolleyes:

Did you know that everything with a yellow sticker is buy one get one free?!?!?

I sit on that side for both basketball and football and it seems pretty limited space to me from the dome to the edge of the road - maybe 20 feet across from gate J to Gate A through Gate H?

Exactly. Google Maps Area Calculator Tool this is imperfect, but it's the same measurement that I get. And it's unbuildable at the narrowest point, near the elevator tower, where I could spread my arms and touch the building and the curb line at the same time.

Maybe they could move Forestry Drive south and get rid of those parking spaces along Illick, but that'd require cooperation between SU and ESF that I don't believe exists right now.

I believe the people who say that they're expanding to the south, but it's incompatible with the physical reality of the site. It'll be interesting to see what becomes of that.

Exactly. Google Maps Area Calculator Tool this is imperfect, but it's the same measurement that I get. And it's unbuildable at the narrowest point, near the elevator tower, where I could spread my arms and touch the building and the curb line at the same time.

Maybe they could move Forestry Drive south and get rid of those parking spaces along Illick, but that'd require cooperation between SU and ESF that I don't believe exists right now.

I believe the people who say that they're expanding to the south, but it's incompatible with the physical reality of the site. It'll be interesting to see what becomes of that.

Not much room on the ESF side of the road with that new ESF building there either. This will be so fascinating to see because the south part of the dome isn't the only area where room to expand is cramped but they obviously have viable plans. Looking forward to seeing all the plans become reality.

When the Dome first opened in 1980, the home team locker rooms were painted Black & Silver because Al Davis of the Oakland Raiders and an SU grad donated 100k to the cause. Its since been repainted and can't wait to see what the new locker room will look like.

download.jpg

Alabama Football Locker Room.jpg

When the Dome first opened in 1980, the home team locker rooms were painted Black & Silver because Al Davis of the Oakland Raiders and an SU grad donated 100k to the cause. Its since been repainted and can't wait to see what the new locker room will look like.

View attachment 79650
View attachment 79651

Besides the Alabama logo I don't see much difference between our locker rooms...what is everyone complaining about? ;)

Besides the Alabama logo I don't see much difference between our locker rooms...what is everyone complaining about? ;)
The Dome locker room is too tight for the team to gather around the HC when he speaks to the entire group. Believe me for I have been in there when I played and you need an open spot instead of being separated by lockers. It's time for a major upgrade! ACC Football!

The Dome locker room is too tight for the team to gather around the HC when he speaks to the entire group. Believe me for I have been in there when I played and you need an open spot instead of being separated by lockers. It's time for a major upgrade! ACC Football!

I agree 100%...and the Dome upgrade can't come soon enough. I thought it was obvious I was being sarcastic considering the vast difference between the Alabama locker room and Syracuse's locker room...they aren't even in the same realm.

I agree 100%...and the Dome upgrade can't come soon enough. I thought it was obvious I was being sarcastic considering the vast difference between the Alabama locker room and Syracuse's locker room...they aren't even in the same realm.
Came in from Chicago for the VT game and the Dome is still an awesome place as is but enhancements will only benefit Dino and the program moving forward.

We start winning and the fans/students will come back and sell that joint out! Love the VT atmosphere, as seen last night, and only hope we could do something like that to put the Dome crowd into a frenzy...once again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom