With both Cooney and Gbinije gone next year they i really need for someone to-- step up and --- | Syracusefan.com

With both Cooney and Gbinije gone next year they i really need for someone to-- step up and ---

CaliCuse

All American
--make those big shoys. Yes we still have Malichi and Lydon.and presumably Battle and who knowswhatHoward will bring to the season? I'm not sure if Moyer is an outside threat and Kaleb Joseph is a lost schools. If the coaches can bring in Thompson, the inside game could offset the outside question. Thompson Chukwu and Roberson with Moyer ought to make lots of inside noise. That is ,of course if Chuckwu has anything to show big besides his height. Coleman's return,I understand is up in the air if he choses to go pro. Yes I'm laughing as well. He could go pro with his education in whatever field he has chosen to pursue.:p Jimmy will be back for his farewell tour I presume,giving Mike a chance to cram for his big chance in coaching in the Dome of all places.

Someone really needs to jack the offense next year, Cali. ;)

Kid Mamba is insanely good. He's lightning to the basket. His crossover dribble is deadly. And his spin move is blinding. I think we will be more than fine!

If Kentucky and Duke can't win with top recruits how do we win with freshman recruits rated 30-80?

I think we expect a little too much from these guys sometimes.

The same way other schools do and have?

If Kentucky and Duke can't win with top recruits how do we win with freshman recruits rated 30-80?

You are right about expecting too much, but by your argument nobody can win the NC. No matter how hard it is to win, somebody does it every single year.

Kid Mamba is insanely good. He's lightning to the basket. His crossover dribble is deadly. And his spin move is blinding. I think we will be more than fine!

Yeah, good call, but how is his muscle? can he take contact well in the lane? And if we want him to drive probably best its at offguard unless mali is next to him.

Another post cant resist malachi is essential to next years chemistry like AO was. Very very essential.

Im actually counting on cuse to be quite depleted 2 years down the line and More then ok with that.
Mali, Lydon, Battle, Roberson and Obokoh could probbaly jump.Joseph may not be around, not sure on chuckwu its possible he jumps
That would not leave alot behind. Potential 6-7 man recruiting class really.

Last edited:

I'm well aware of Battle's talents. My post was my take on Cali-speak. "Jacking" the offense is one of Cali's trademark sayings. Just having a little fun. We are going to have a very exciting team next year.

Last edited:
Yeah, good call, but how is his muscle? can he take contact well in the lane? And if we want him to drive probably best its at offguard unless mali is next to him.

Another post cant resist malachi is essential to next years chemistry like AO was. Very very essential.

Im actually counting on cuse to be quite depleted 2 years down the line and More then ok with that.
Mali, Lydon, Battle, Roberson and Obokoh could probbaly jump.Joseph may not be around, not sure on chuckwu its possible he jumps
That would not leave alot behind. Potential 6-7 man recruiting class really.

I think Kid Mamba will have the muscle from weight training. He's 10 months away. But in terms of contact, he is from New Jersey. It's not exactly like we play mid-west slow no-contact basketball here in New Jersey. We may not have kids as tough as the ones from NYC or Baltimore but the New Jersey kids are pretty tough. Just ask Jones who bounced off Richardson when chasing down that loose ball. Malachi crushed Jones on that play.

I like your lineup. Here's the lineup I would go with: MR, TL, TB, MR, and PC. PC already has a year of D1 playing experience at Providence plus is one year red shirting. And he's 7'2" tall and a well proportioned 7'2". If those players gel well that is a NC contending team in my opinion.

But I think we will see at least one more unexpected big recruit for 2016 that hasn't yet committed. This one looks promising:

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...n_big_man_kalif_young.html#incart_river_index

I'm not sure Obokoh will be ready to be the primary guy. I think there's a great opportunity for another big to come to Syracuse and get good playing time.

Lydon and Malachi will be better, and lead the team. I'm not trying to be an a$$ here, but I know you're a "rankings" guy and didn't you say before the season Lydon wouldn't be that good cause he wasn't that highly rated, somewhere near the 80's. Do you still think there are 80 something freshmen better than him?

Last edited:
Lydon and Malachi will be better, and lead the team. I'm not trying to be an a$$ here, but I know you're a "rankings" guy, but didn't you say before the season Lydon wouldn't be that good cause he wasn't that highly rated, somewhere near the 80's. Do you still think there are 80 something freshmen better than him?

Great point about Lydon. He's going to be a monster next year with is picture perfect shooting stroke.

I'm really high on Richardson after the Duke game. He had a really great game in probably the most difficult environment to play. I really believe Richardson could bring his game to whole new level from this point. I'm very anxious to see how he plays the next few games after the Duke performance. He really had a great game at Duke from a mental perspective in my opinion. I think after the Duke game all the freshmen-itus is now gone!

I'm well aware of Battle's talents. My post was my take on Cali-speak. "Jacking". The offense is one of Cali's trademark sayings. Just having a little fun. We are going to have a very exciting team next year.

I was watching the Kid Mamba highlight videos a few days ago. I just can't get over how fast his first step to the basket is after he makes his crossover dribble. This kid is really going to be a special player for us. I think he will be our next Dion and maybe even more Dion than Dion!

Last edited:
Great point about Lydon. He's going to be a monster next year with is picture perfect shooting stroke.

I'm really high on Richardson after the Duke game. He had a really great game in probably the most difficult environment to play. I really believe Richardson could bring his game to whole new level from this point. I'm very anxious to see how he plays the next few games after the Duke performance. He really had a great game at Duke from a mental perspective in my opinion. I think after the Duke game all the freshmen-itus is now gone!
Dave, Richardson has been pretty damn good for a while now, apart from that stretch of games where he struggled with his shot. He is a special offensive talent now and still developing in other areas of his game.

Lydon and Malachi will be better, and lead the team. I'm not trying to be an a$$ here, but I know you're a "rankings" guy and didn't you say before the season Lydon wouldn't be that good cause he wasn't that highly rated, somewhere near the 80's. Do you still think there are 80 something freshmen better than him?

He may not be in the 80s but he's probably not in the 30s, or 40s.

All I'm saying is that there are two high of expectations on the kids coming in. Already people are calling Battle a savior, even Richardson isn't where people thought he'd be coming in.

I think next years team will be great and we'll be contenders, but it's not only because of Battle.

You are right about expecting too much, but by your argument nobody can win the NC. No matter how hard it is to win, somebody does it every single year.

That's not true. But I'm willing to bet a majority of past winners have a top 10-15 recruit in the mix somewhere.

He may not be in the 80s but he's probably not in the 30s, or 40s.

All I'm saying is that there are two high of expectations on the kids coming in. Already people are calling Battle a savior, even Richardson isn't where people thought he'd be coming in.

I think next years team will be great and we'll be contenders, but it's not only because of Battle.

I'm with you, I don't think Battle is going to be Melo 2.0 for us right away. I think Lydon and Richardson end up being our two best players next year. We just need solid play at the point, whether that's Battle or Howard it doesn't really matter IMO.

FWIW DraftXpress has Lydon as the 17th ranked freshman right now and Malachi 51 just updated this week. That's why I never got this prediction from a bunch of our fans that they believe Malachi is an NBA player right now. I think some guys depending what area of the country they play in high school come in overrated and others come in underrated. Definately the case of Lydon and Malachi.

Dave, Richardson has been pretty damn good for a while now, apart from that stretch of games where he struggled with his shot. He is a special offensive talent now and still developing in other areas of his game.

Agree he reminds me of a couple of those providence guards who would stick around a few years and light it up offensively,and with nice upper arms take it to the rim. He has the best shake and bake arguably since Carmelo. Can't wait to see how many shots per game he gets next year could be 13 could be 20. Will be interesting to see which way it goes.

Time will tell if he or Battle is the first option next year. It will be fun watching it unfold.

I love Lydon don't get me wrong but his jumper has a long way to go in the one on one department. He is that prototypical nba 4th/5th option on a higher percentage because of that at the moment with a slower release that is developing though.He is pretty solid off a dribble or two and has a developing baby hook. If you want to be a first second option or a true 6th man you need to be able to take your guys one on one, but we don't really need him to be that next year \ with Malachi and Battle, Stil would be nice to see if hes ready. I think Roberson is a step ahead of him offensively at the moment and boths jumpers will see a bit of improvement next year at the least. Cant wait to see Roberson put on another 5-12 pounds and really round out his game this summer. I remember JB saying in reference to him going from 212 to 225 over the summer "good But still want to see more."

Last edited:
--make those big shoys. Yes we still have Malichi and Lydon.and presumably Battle and who knowswhatHoward will bring to the season? I'm not sure if Moyer is an outside threat and Kaleb Joseph is a lost schools. If the coaches can bring in Thompson, the inside game could offset the outside question. Thompson Chukwu and Roberson with Moyer ought to make lots of inside noise. That is ,of course if Chuckwu has anything to show big besides his height. Coleman's return,I understand is up in the air if he choses to go pro. Yes I'm laughing as well. He could go pro with his education in whatever field he has chosen to pursue.:p Jimmy will be back for his farewell tour I presume,giving Mike a chance to cram for his big chance in coaching in the Dome of all places.

You're laughing about him turning pro, but he isn't because he can make a lot of money around the world playing the sport he loves. Just because he won't make it in the nba doesn't mean he isn't going to turn into a millionaire from playing basketball.

Trevor Cooney has been huge the last 3 games. Huge. Can't think why any Cuse fan isn't super excited over him like a butter or pizza craving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom