Class of 2014 - With Ennis declaring for the NBA | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 With Ennis declaring for the NBA

Syracuse44

Walk On
Is there any chance we go after any previous targets to try and flip them to the Cuse?

Are there any late bloomers we can add into this class that are unsigned. Going to be tough to play with one true PG for another yr.

Syracuse44 said:
Is there any chance we go after any previous targets to try and flip them to the Cuse?
Was thinking the same thing...

I just don't think that a two man recruiting class can replace 3, maybe 4 departing players that were big contributors to our team. Hoping we can get another guard, hopefully a big time guard to fill our sudden need for one.

What about someone like Devonte Graham? Former teammate of McCullough's up at Brewster. No idea if he can play at this level, of course, but looking at the $cout PG rankings he's the highest ranked unsigned PG on there (though ESPN says he signed with Appalachian State).

Devonte Graham is probably the best PG available from Brewster Academy, but he has a complicated situation going on. He signed with App St first but then asked for his released. App St refused because they thought schools like NC St tampered. So basically if he signs with another school then he can't play for them next year. The App St coach was recently fired, so there is a good chance that Graham will eventually get his release and play for somebody next season. If that happens then I would hope that SU will show some interest.

Last edited:
What about someone like Devonte Graham? Former teammate of McCullough's up at Brewster. No idea if he can play at this level, of course, but looking at the $cout PG rankings he's the highest ranked unsigned PG on there (though ESPN says he signed with Appalachian State).
Graham can definitely play at a high D1 level.

Devonte Graham is probably the best PG available from Brewster Academy, but he has a complicated situation going on. He signed with App St first but then asked for his released. App St refused because they thought schools like NC St tampered. So basically if he signs with another school then he can't play for them next year. The App St coach was recently fired, so there is a good chance that Graham will eventually get his release. If that happens then I would hope that SU will show some interest.
So, if he does get released...he still couldn't play next year?

I remember when I watched the McCullough highlight videos, Graham definitely stood out to me. He looked like a hell of a player.

So, if he does get released...he still couldn't play next year?

I remember when I watched the McCullough highlight videos, Graham definitely stood out to me. He looked like a hell of a player.
If he gets his release then he'll be "free" to play wherever he wants to play at next season.

If he gets his release then he'll be "free" to play wherever he wants to play at next season.
Good to know. And obviously, since the staff recruited McCullough, they've got to be familiar with Graham so it's not outside the realm of possibility he's someone they would reach out to.

We never recruited him before, did we?

Good to know. And obviously, since the staff recruited McCullough, they've got to be familiar with Graham so it's not outside the realm of possibility he's someone they would reach out to.

We never recruited him before, did we?
Nope. I'm sure the staff thought Ennis and Joseph would be running the show over the next few years before the season started.

Thanks for the info on Graham. Any other possible targets we could look at Francis? I just looked up Whitehead, never realized he signed a LOI with Seton Hall. That hurts..

We'd have more success with a JUCO or 5th year guy than another freshman coming in. Any frosh worth his salt isn't going to want to be the designated backup.

I would be happy with an under the radar type guy someone to play 8-10 minutes a game the first couple years. Then maybe move over to starting. Good ball handler maybe needs to work on his outside shot. I have a specific player in mind Francis maybe able to help with the name. I know him and I had a conversation about this player. I will search for it also. I think he had ties with Red maybe? And there was a comment about his shooting ability. Blah still drawing a blank.

I would be happy with an under the radar type guy someone to play 8-10 minutes a game the first couple years. Then maybe move over to starting. Good ball handler maybe needs to work on his outside shot. I have a specific player in mind Francis maybe able to help with the name. I know him and I had a conversation about this player. I will search for it also. I think he had ties with Red maybe? And there was a comment about his shooting ability. Blah still drawing a blank.
Bryant Crawford? He's a 2015 recruit, but I don't think there is any interest in him currently.

That was the name I just found the thread I forgot he was a 2015 recruit. Thanks

Thanks for the info on Graham. Any other possible targets we could look at Francis? I just looked up Whitehead, never realized he signed a LOI with Seton Hall. That hurts..
The 5th year guard transfer waiver wire list hasn't filled out yet. Hopefully some quality names will be available over the next few weeks. Have to do some research on the JUCO PG's to see if anybody good is available. I know there are some quality JUCO forwards still available.

Looking through the JUCO rankings, it appears the best points have all committed (LSU, OK ST, FSU for instance).

I sincerely hope the staff has a backup plan in place. They recruited Ennis to be a multiple year guy but around the new year they had to know that was getting less and less likely.

Did John Crosby sign with anyone? I know he was a low 3 star type kid but if I remember right he was like 6'3'' - 6'4'' kid. I know he was from Baltimore. He is more of a 4 year type kid but I think we need a system kid in here at PG.

Did John Crosby sign with anyone? I know he was a low 3 star type kid but if I remember right he was like 6'3'' - 6'4'' kid. I know he was from Baltimore. He is more of a 4 year type kid but I think we need a system kid in here at PG.
I don't think Crosby is a SU caliber of a recruit. He was supposedly a G-Mason lean not too long ago. I think the best option is to wait and see if a few quality 5th year options become available like we saw last year with Barton and Kane.

If it's going to be a transfer it will all happen over the summer (discovery, interest, visit, paperwork, etc). That's when Wes' happened, if I remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom