Word leaking out that Doug is staying... | Syracusefan.com

Word leaking out that Doug is staying...

Thanks for the info Jake...Let's hope this is true...

Tom Withers of associated press tweeting "my understanding is Marrone is not leaving Cuse".
wow hope it is true

Big news if true, I know Buffalo was high on Marrone.

02-13-banana.gif

Hopefully followed by a statement from TGD about an extension and some facility improvements.

He is low on the list for NFL teams right now. He isn't ready, and this was the likeliest outcome from the start.

The question is (if this report is true) will everyone who wanted to fire him for taking an interview, will welcome him back with open arms...

We need a dancing banana emoticon. Thanks Jake!

He is low on the list for NFL teams right now. He isn't ready, and this was the likeliest outcome from the start.

The question is (if this report is true) will everyone who wanted to fire him for taking an interview, will welcome him back with open arms...

Who wanted him fired for interviewing, no one on this board.

Hopefully this means something to Smith and EO today as the announce their choices of College.

That would be awesome if Doug stayed for at least one more year. There still seems to be a lot of unresolved issues.
Or maybe not. Who knows what's really going on with the football program.

Good new if true. As for whether or not he is ready...of course he is. Problem is, 25-25 is a hard sell when you are competing for jobs against a guy like Chip Kelly.

Big news if true, I know Buffalo was high on Marrone.
They are but only if they dont get Chip Kelly or Lovie Smith and if they miss on Chip Kelly, Lovie Smith actually wants to coach Buffalo so I doubt it gets that far.

If true, I'm pleased that Marrone, like O'Brien at Ped State, didn't let this linger.

An extended dalliance would have been bad for recruiting.

The opinion of those people shouldn't be listened to. They're the problem.
Oh I agree, I just enjoy the hypocrisy of it all. People just need to let things play out before getting their panties in a bunch is all.

I'm on the edge of my seat anxiously awaiting what that whopping one people will decide to do.

Sure there were. If I could remember which of the 500 threads they were in I would point you to them.

There was a letter to the editor who wanted Marrone fired that someone here linked to, of all of the absurd posts this past week I dont recall one sayign Marrone should be fired. Talk about assinine, that would be beyond dumb.

Who wanted him fired for interviewing, no one on this board.

I think people make up scenarios about what happens on this board. I realize most of the people here (present company included) could probably be considered batsh!t crazy, but that doesn't mean things should be made up.

The other trick is to find the craziest most delusional fan on the board who makes some ridiculous post, and then pass it off as what the board thinks.

I'm sure all boards operate this way, but this place could be a case study.

Wonder if O'brian's decision to stay helped influence DM? They are beat friends and I'm sure they talk

They are but only if they dont get Chip Kelly or Lovie Smith and if they miss on Chip Kelly, Lovie Smith actually wants to coach Buffalo so I doubt it gets that far.

I agree but they arent getting Chip Kelly and post interview you never know who can jump to the top of the list especially with the new defacto owner being from East Syracuse. As a Syracuse fan and a Bills fan it was definitely a bitter sweet thought.

Is he staying because he doesn't have a choice (NFL teams have other ideas for head coaches) or because he wants to? Does it matter?

Many of those aren't big fans to begin with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom