World Series | Syracusefan.com

World Series

jekelish

Living Legend
I know everyone here probably roots for the Yanks, the Sox, the Mets or one of the other northeastern teams so you guys may not be watching the Series, but there have been two very good games so far, particularly last night. Outstanding pitching last night by both teams, and man, how about those two defensive plays by Elvis Andrus in the 4th and 5th innings to end each inning and potentially save some runs? The one in the 5th was especially incredible.

I'd make a joke by asking "when does it start", but yeah (grudgingly) the first 2 games have been pretty exciting.

I am a Yankee fan but have watched a lot of the world series. That play last night that Elvis made was so ridiculous. Best I have seen in a long time.

I got home around 10 pm or so last night and checked the score on the computer and saw it was 0-0 in the 7th or so. I went upstairs, my wife was sleeping so I flipped the game on. Believe it or not I think I fell asleep before I even saw a pitch thrown. Could be another year for me that the World Series comes and goes without me watching any of it. It's amazing how little I care about it if the Yankees aren't playing.

Earlier this year I told a friend of mine who is a fan of the Sox that I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers were open to dealing Elvis, because one of the top prospects in the organization is a shortstop (who many say will be better than Andrus). However, after the way he's been playing, along with his leadership (despite being, what, still only 23 or 24?), I have a hard time believing they would be open to trading him. He's just spectacular in the field.

Maybe Derek takes one for the team and moves to right field and the Yankees acquire him.

Earlier this year I told a friend of mine who is a fan of the Sox that I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers were open to dealing Elvis, because one of the top prospects in the organization is a shortstop (who many say will be better than Andrus). However, after the way he's been playing, along with his leadership (despite being, what, still only 23 or 24?), I have a hard time believing they would be open to trading him. He's just spectacular in the field.

They won't move Andrus to make room for Profar IMO. There may be other prospects rated more highly than Profar, but not many, so you want to make sure you take your time with a talent like that. In the end, I think one of two things will happen...

Option 1- This team isn't in rebuild mode, nor are they allergic to spending some money. So, IMO, if they trade a SS it won't be Elvis, it will be the stud prospect. First Cliff Lee leaves town, and now CJ Wilson is probably next out the door. There is a lot of young talent in the organization, but the team is a stud veteran pitcher away from going back to the Series for a third straight year... I could see them using Profar to get someone like James Shields to fill that void.

Option 2- Ian Kinsler has a one-year option for 10-million. That gives them a year to let things settle. If Profar continues to look like a can't miss prospect throughout 2012, then you can let Kinsler walk after next year... hoping that he played well enough to warrant a draft pick or two in compensation. Then make the decision whether it will be Elvis or Profar transitioning to second, and pick up a Jack Wilson-type to help stabilize the process until the kid is ready.

So it all comes down to Cruz, Napoli, Murphy and, presumably, Moreland (if they get that far) in this last ditch effort by Texas to come up with their own miracle.

Yeah, can't see that happening.

thumb.aspx
thumb.aspx

I'd make a joke by asking "when does it start", but yeah (grudgingly) the first 2 games have been pretty exciting.
Nolan Ryan must have soiled himself after getting down to one strike and blowing it twice. I'm not a Texas fan in anything so all I can say about that Nolan is Happy Trails.:p

Really enjoyed the .S. this year. asn't sure I would after the Sox implosion, but the tight games and drama were great. The cards really proved once again "that it's never over 'til it's over".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom