Worlds greatest shredder? | Syracusefan.com

Worlds greatest shredder?

ebucklewis

All American
the candidates include some of the usual suspects - Yngwie Malmsteen, Eddie Van Halen, Paul Gilbert etc..
and some lesser knowns - Scottie Anderson, Andreas Oberg, Guthrie Govan etc..

But is there anybody better than - Jimmy Rosenberg ?

Shredder87.png

Just nominated for a Grammy as well.
Really? I didn't know that. Great to hear. I've told the story before, but I used to deliver papers to his house when he was just a little squirt. He would answer when I went to the door collecting. Very nice family.

Really? I didn't know that. Great to hear. I've told the story before, but I used to deliver papers to his house when he was just a little squirt. He would answer when I went to the door collecting. Very nice family.

Yeah, for his Live at the Greek cd/dvd.

My friend Paulie, who plays sax with Joe, just relayed a story the other day about when they were at a gig last week. When they pulled in a young man was playing his guitar in the freezing cold outside the venue hoping that Joe would see him. Not only did Joe see him, but he got the kid and brought him in for soundcheck. He let the kid plug into his amp and play. Then Joe asked the engineer to "release the jet engines" and crank up all the monitors. So, Joe gave this kid an early Christmas present and a memory that will last a lifetime!

Yeah, for his Live at the Greek cd/dvd.

My friend Paulie, who plays sax with Joe, just relayed a story the other day about when they were at a gig last week. When they pulled in a young man was playing his guitar in the freezing cold outside the venue hoping that Joe would see him. Not only did Joe see him, but he got the kid and brought him in for soundcheck. He let the kid plug into his amp and play. Then Joe asked the engineer to "release the jet engines" and crank up all the monitors. So, Joe gave this kid an early Christmas present and a memory that will last a lifetime!
Not surprised at all, and what a great story. Joe was playing with BB King before he was a teenager, he knows how big an influence he can be on kids. The first time I heard him play was when he was in 6th grade, I couldn't believe it. Then I would hear him as I cut through Twin Ponds Golf Course to get to Pulaski Park to play basketball. He must have been playing in his garage, his house faced the golf course. The good old days. Now he is playing Royal Albert Hall and other famous venues.

Not surprised at all, and what a great story. Joe was playing with BB King before he was a teenager, he knows how big an influence he can be on kids. The first time I heard him play was when he was in 6th grade, I couldn't believe it. Then I would hear him as I cut through Twin Ponds Golf Course to get to Pulaski Park to play basketball. He must have been playing in his garage, his house faced the golf course. The good old days. Now he is playing Royal Albert Hall and other famous venues.

Paulie went to Jamesville-DeWitt with me. His trumpet player, Lee Thornburg grew up in Syracuse as well. Nice to see that he's found some CNY players who are also at the top of their game to play along side him.

Paulie went to Jamesville-DeWitt with me. His trumpet player, Lee Thornburg grew up in Syracuse as well. Nice to see that he's found some CNY players who are also at the top of their game to play along side him.
Yeah, that is very cool.

Another tune by Jimmy Rosenberg - give it to the 50 sec mark where Jimmy takes off.

My buddy is running a tour with zak Wylde, malmsteen, vai and nuno bettencourt. Obviously great guitar players, but says they are awesome guys.

My buddy is running a tour with zak Wylde, malmsteen, vai and nuno bettencourt. Obviously great guitar players, but says they are awesome guys.
Is his name John? I have a friend affiliated with that tour originally from Camillus.

Is his name John? I have a friend affiliated with that tour originally from Camillus.
that is him. john is one of my best friends. we lived together in college for 4 years.

that is him. john is one of my best friends. we lived together in college for 4 years.
I played in a couple local bands with him while we were in HS and for short time after. Great guy.

I played in a couple local bands with him while we were in HS and for short time after. Great guy.
I'm guessing you played in same band with Charlie B as well. Lived with him in college too. I knew a lot of their west genny buddies. Bill and Brian T. Matt L.

Was one of them Valentino with Dice?
Yes. I was in Live Wire with him for its entire existence, and I founded Valentino with him and Dice. I left after some time, and then at some point it became unrecognizable. Great times.

since I know pat is out in LA, by process of elimination you must be Dave.