Worlds greatest shredder? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Worlds greatest shredder?

And yes, I was in that band with Charlie. And ed llanos. I'm still friends with Matt on Facebook to this day. Small world.

BOOM!! You're good. Do I know you?
No, probably not. Unless you came up to hill at any point to see John and Charlie...We all ended up bonding the first day for freshman year in the dorms and have been friends ever since. Eddie, funny, have not seen him in a while but he used to come up and visit with them quite a bit. Would run into him at Home depot every once in a while. Have lost touch with him.

I don't know how "shredder" is being defined but Steve Vai has always been one of my favorite guitar instrumentalists. Went and saw him for the 25th anniversary of Passion and Warfare recently.

Last edited:
For me, and I'm a drummer so I'm not a guitar expert technically...
Bettencourt- Extreme
Petrucci- Dream Theater
Wylde- Ozzy and Black Label Society
Malmsteen
Alex Skolnik- Testament
Chris Caffery- Savatage and TSO
To name a few

For me, and I'm a drummer so I'm not a guitar expert technically...
Bettencourt- Extreme
Petrucci- Dream Theater
Wylde- Ozzy and Black Label Society
Malmsteen
Alex Skolnik- Testament
Chris Caffery- Savatage and TSO
To name a few

Not a bad list. I'll add:
Bumblefoot
Paul Gilbert
Jason Becker
Marty Friedman
Joe Satriani
Mark Tremonti

Not a bad list. I'll add:
Bumblefoot
Paul Gilbert
Jason Becker
Marty Friedman
Joe Satriani
Mark Tremonti

Tremonti. This guy is way under appreciated. I saw him twice with Creed. Love Alter Bridge even better (Creed with a great singer). But if you want to hear this guy go to town, listen to TREMONTI. Especially their debut. This is his side project, and he's also the vocalist. I may be alone, but I love it. PSA- if you like your face, protect it, cuz it's gonna get melted off.

Friedman my God. The Friedman era of Megadeth was by far my favorite. As a drummer, loved Nick Menza (RIP) as well.

Becker too was great, didn't he and Friedman do "Cacophony" together?

Someone who gets to little love is Nita Strauss, who is the current lead guitarist with Alice Cooper. Idolizes Becker too. Plus she's hot. Something sexy about a chick that rocks that hard.

I don't remember if the requirements were for the shredder to be alive or current, but I'd also throw Rhoads and Jake E Lee from Ozzy as well.

Chris Impellittri anyone?

Tremonti. This guy is way under appreciated. I saw him twice with Creed. Love Alter Bridge even better (Creed with a great singer). But if you want to hear this guy go to town, listen to TREMONTI. Especially their debut. This is his side project, and he's also the vocalist. I may be alone, but I love it. PSA- if you like your face, protect it, cuz it's gonna get melted off.

Friedman my God. The Friedman era of Megadeth was by far my favorite. As a drummer, loved Nick Menza (RIP) as well.

Becker too was great, didn't he and Friedman do "Cacophony" together?

Someone who gets to little love is Nita Strauss, who is the current lead guitarist with Alice Cooper. Idolizes Becker too. Plus she's hot. Something s e xy about a chick that rocks that hard.

I don't remember if the requirements were for the shredder to be alive or current, but I'd also throw Rhoads and Jake E Lee from Ozzy as well.

Chris Impellittri anyone?

I was never much of a Creed fan. More accurately, I never cared for Scott Stapp's vocals. Alter Bridge with Myles is fantastic. You're not alone with Tremonti, it's why his name is on my list additions.

I put Becker and Friedman next to each other on the list because of Cacophony. I managed to see Megadeth during the Friedman/Ellison/Menza years. Dave had to stop their set halfway into the first song because Nick broke his drum riser.

I saw Nita Strauss with Alice Cooper when he opened on Motley's last tour. She took over that gig from Orianthi, I think.

I was never much of a Creed fan. More accurately, I never cared for Scott Stapp's vocals. Alter Bridge with Myles is fantastic. You're not alone with Tremonti, it's why his name is on my list additions.

I put Becker and Friedman next to each other on the list because of Cacophony. I managed to see Megadeth during the Friedman/Ellison/Menza years. Dave had to stop their set halfway into the first song because Nick broke his drum riser.

I saw Nita Strauss with Alice Cooper when he opened on Motley's last tour. She took over that gig from Orianthi, I think.
You are correct about Strauss. I saw him open for maiden a few years ago with Orianthi, and then a year or two later with Nita at that Crue show.

There's a great video on YouTube of Nitas boyfriend surprising her on her birthday with a visit to Becker's house. She ends up playing an old Becker song for him in his living room. Really neat.

This is off the next KXM album. KXM is George Lynch from Dokken/Lynch Mob, dUg Pinnick of Kings X and Ray Lozier from Korn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom