Worst call of fu€king year!!! | Syracusefan.com

Worst call of fu€king year!!!

690West

Moneyline Master
It wasn't even close. How is there no challenge system in baseball? Argue it I dare you

Girardi will have some interesting words tonight. :mad:
Girardi sucks. Guess his binder told him not to come out and argue. Imagine Billy Martin after that same call. Clueless Joe sucks. I hope Cashman has Francona's number in his rolodex.

Girardi sucks. Guess his binder told him not to come out and argue. Imagine Billy Martin after that same call. Clueless Joe sucks. I hope Cashman has Francona's number in his rolodex.
Argue what? The game was over. A major league umpire missed a call in front of his face that 99.9% of umpires at any level would get right. That sucks but you have to move on. Girardi is pretty far down the list of this team's issues right now.

Argue what? The game was over. A major league umpire missed a call in front of his face that 99.9% of umpires at any level would get right. That sucks but you have to move on. Girardi is pretty far down the list of this team's issues right now.
It's not arguing to change the call. That wasn't happening. It's arguing to make it clear that you know the call was blown and to defend your player. Also, Jerry Meals is behind the plate on Sunday, so you don't think showing your dissatisfaction couldn't have an impact on some ball/strike calls on Sunday? Oh, and Girardi is awful and is not that far down the list of their issues.

It's not arguing to change the call. That wasn't happening. It's arguing to make it clear that you know the call was blown and to defend your player. Also, Jerry Meals is behind the plate on Sunday, so you don't think showing your dissatisfaction couldn't have an impact on some ball/strike calls on Sunday? Oh, and Girardi is awful and is not that far down the list of their issues.

Meals knew that he blew the call.

If Girardi shows him up, it would have an impact on balls/strikes today. Just not in a good way.

Some nice comments from Tex:

"Sometimes you wonder if the umpires are just trying to get out of there," said Teixeira, who had argued a strike three call in the eighth. "They don't want you to make a comeback. They want to go home because those were terrible calls. It is what it is. We are out there fighting. I'm out there playing on one leg. I wish it had gone my way."

The proper thing for Joe to do would be to ask Meals if he was sure of his call. Stress the importance of the call on the game and the pennant race and see if he would consult his fellow umpires to see if they concurred with the call or saw otherwise. The chances of Meals consulting are very, very slim, but if there was any doubt in the umps mind he might just want to get it right. It's unfortunate that Mark will probably be fined by the commissioners office for his umpire remarks. If I was the commissionor there would be a huge fine, but I would have assed it to the umpire. This isn't the first major blown call of Meals career.

Eveyone raise their hands if you would like to see a replay rule in baseball to cover circumstances like this?

worst call of the year? Earlier this year the yanks got an out call when a fan caught the ball.

The proper thing for Joe to do would be to ask Meals if he was sure of his call. Stress the importance of the call on the game and the pennant race and see if he would consult his fellow umpires to see if they concurred with the call or saw otherwise. The chances of Meals consulting are very, very slim, but if there was any doubt in the umps mind he might just want to get it right. It's unfortunate that Mark will probably be fined by the commissioners office for his umpire remarks. If I was the commissionor there would be a huge fine, but I would have assed it to the umpire. This isn't the first major blown call of Meals career.

Eveyone raise their hands if you would like to see a replay rule in baseball to cover circumstances like this?
guy blew it, but he was in the best
position. no one would have over ruled him . My guess is he saw the right hand go over the bag, but missed the left behind Reynold's foot.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

worst call of the year? Earlier this year the yanks got an out call when a fan caught the ball.

I'm making this up cuz I can't remember the outcome but that phantom out had no consequence on the final outcome. This one would have tied it.

guy blew it, but he was in the best
position. no one would have over ruled him . My guess is he saw the right hand go over the bag, but missed the left behind Reynold's foot.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
As an umpire you're supposed to be in position to see the bag with no obstructions. If he didn't see the left hand, he was out of position and should have asked for help if Joe would have appealed to him to ask for help. The umpires creed on force plays, be in position, watch the bag and listen for the ball to hit the glove. Then look up to see if the ball is secured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom